Rumors of New Machine?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ThomasMcKean

Rumors of New Machine?

Post by ThomasMcKean » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:58 pm

Hi guys.

I haven't been around for a while, but I guess that means things are going well for me sleep wise. Well, I guess well until last night.

My machine started making quite the racket. I came on here and immediately saw the post by Revived1 about the "Airsense 10 Making Noise." That situation seems identical to mine. I have the System One, but I will check the water chamber fit tonight and see if that may be causing it even though it is different model. (Meanwhile I am using an S9 that was given to me.)

But all of that is not why I am writing. This is...

I am fortunate to have insurance at the moment that covers 100% of everything CPAP. Machine, supplies, etc. Of course I still have to wait the requisite 5 years, but time is up and I can get a new gizmo. I have four, all old (of course), my preference of them all is the System One 60 model. Mainly because it happens to be a pefect fit for the space on the cedar chest next to the bed. (But I do also like the INFO and all that it tells you. S9 seems to only give AHI, but maybe I am missing something?)

I was pondering looking into an Airsense 10. I love the Dreamstation but the white just doesn't work for me. It would be my choice if it came in black, though. White looks way too medical. My first one, the S8 (which I still have, love the preheat and humidity on it) also looks medical but for a different reason. It's just damn ugly and good luck reading the card!

I have heard whispers and rumors from a very reliable source that Phillips (at least I think it is Phillips?) is set to bring out a new model next year. So I am writing to ask if anyone here has any info on it.

I thought if it looked promising, maybe I would wait to get a new one. So do any of you in the know people have any info on a new model being released next year? What it is and features and when it will be?

Enquiring minds want to know.
The Honorable Thomas A. McKean, HOKC
Author, Soon Will Come the Light: A View From Inside the Autism Puzzle
http://www.thomasamckean.com http://www.gallery.thomasamckean.com

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Rumors of New Machine?

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:46 pm

This is probably not the year to trot out new models.
They don't need to.
Maybe next year--or the year after.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:22 am

ThomasMcKean wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:58 pm
I have heard whispers and rumors from a very reliable source that Phillips (at least I think it is Phillips?) is set to bring out a new model next year. So I am writing to ask if anyone here has any info on it.

I thought if it looked promising, maybe I would wait to get a new one. So do any of you in the know people have any info on a new model being released next year? What it is and features and when it will be?

Enquiring minds want to know.
"Whispers and rumors from a very reliable source" are lies.

Anybody that *knows* is under a NDA to not tell anything about what is under development, or coming to market, .much less *when* it's coming to market.

Anybody that says anything else is, at best, confused, or downright lying for the attention.

People love to speculate about stuff they know nothing about, but it's just a complete waste of everyone's time.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Cannuck 1

Post by Cannuck 1 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:43 am

Better off knowing a proven model than a new Cpap model, I would pick Resmed Airsense 10,auto set because it truly is a great Cpap and make sure you get auto models on any machine you decide to purchase. A new machine is not going to be a whole lot different than what is out there now IMO. Airsense 10,autoset for her is a nice looking machine for looks IMO and has a extra mode(soft?). Resmed has some more advanced machines as does Phillips Respironics.

ThomasMcKean

Post by ThomasMcKean » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:13 pm

"Whispers and rumors from a very reliable source" are lies.

Anybody that *knows* is under a NDA to not tell anything about what is under development, or coming to market, .much less *when* it's coming to market.

Anybody that says anything else is, at best, confused, or downright lying for the attention.

People love to speculate about stuff they know nothing about, but it's just a complete waste of everyone's time.
That may be why he won't tell me anything about it. He works for Phillips Respironics.

ThomasMcKean

Post by ThomasMcKean » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:21 pm

Cannuck 1 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:43 am
Better off knowing a proven model than a new Cpap model, I would pick Resmed Airsense 10,auto set because it truly is a great Cpap and make sure you get auto models on any machine you decide to purchase. A new machine is not going to be a whole lot different than what is out there now IMO.
I have already learned that I definitely want Auto. Back in VA where I got the last one, the DME (I think it was Lincare) refused to give anyone a reg'lar CPAP.

The only thing that bothers me about the Airsense 10 is that damn cellular. I don't want to be tracked.

Now I know I can turn it off, but I have heard (perhaps incorrectly) that when you have the airplane mode on, you have to confirm every time.you turn it off that you don't want to send. An extra button push. Blah.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:45 pm

Any new model, especially those with significant changes,
should be considered beta for the first year.
Early buyers pay extra for the "privilege" of being guinea pigs.
Some people embrace this---not I.

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:47 pm

I went from a PRS1 60 and I can only say that the Airsense Auto is 1000X better. It's quieter, more natural algorithm (and you have two options if you choose the "for her" model, the humidfier works well and consistently, the filters don't pop out if you cough, the on board data is actually useful, and there's no annoying beep at start up.

If you want to wait for the latest and greatest next best thing it's a choice, but there's no reason to avoid the current ResMed.

BTW, they sell "skins" if you don't like the look, or cover it with something if you don't like the way it looks. I only care about how I sleep.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

booksfan

Post by booksfan » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:04 pm

ThomasMcKean wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:21 pm
Cannuck 1 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:43 am
Better off knowing a proven model than a new Cpap model, I would pick Resmed Airsense 10,auto set because it truly is a great Cpap and make sure you get auto models on any machine you decide to purchase. A new machine is not going to be a whole lot different than what is out there now IMO.
I have already learned that I definitely want Auto. Back in VA where I got the last one, the DME (I think it was Lincare) refused to give anyone a reg'lar CPAP.

The only thing that bothers me about the Airsense 10 is that damn cellular. I don't want to be tracked.

Now I know I can turn it off, but I have heard (perhaps incorrectly) that when you have the airplane mode on, you have to confirm every time.you turn it off that you don't want to send. An extra button push. Blah.
I get what you mean about being "tracked" but my understanding is that it is basically for compliance. To get my supplies covered by my insurance, my DME has to verify compliacnce to my insurance company each time I order. They just download the info from my Airsense 10 and I'm good to go. They don't even question the missing days from when I use my AirMini when I (used to :( ) travel. Bought that machine on my own so they don't get that data. I would find it a pain to have to take in either my machine or the SD card, so I just live with it.

Mask: Bleep Eclipse/Halos
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:19 pm

Fear, paranoia, panic.
Smart frogs find a good place to hide, and stay there until dark.

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:28 pm

ThomasMcKean wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:21 pm
If you are really concerned, you can open the case and unplug the modem.

OSCAR 1.5.1 is the latest release.
OSCAR Team
ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto, F&P Brevida.
FlashAir SD and FlashPap for data transfer.

ThomasMcKean

Post by ThomasMcKean » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:38 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:19 pm
Fear, paranoia, panic.
Smart frogs find a good place to hide, and stay there until dark.
Oh don't get me wrong, I am not a nutball conspiracy theorist by any means. Though I do one rather well. (This is my second attempt at this post. I deleted the first one because I was really getting my jollies listing all the delusional conspiracy theories he believes in and it got too political. I am not here to cause trouble.) I will just say he is a proud sovereign citizen and leave it at that.

I choose to not live my life in such abject fear. But at the same time, I don't really want my stats broadcasted either. I have already considered disconnecting the modem. That is assuming I can find it? I am guessing the antenna would be easy to spot though. I do know my way around radio as I carry an extra class amateur radio license (K4XIO). Also a GMRS license (WQPK331).

If they want me to bring the card in, I am okay with that. But I have not been asked to do that for over ten years.

I like what I am hearing about the Airsense from you guys. Bummer the guy's version is lacking the soft mode. Sounds right up my alley. A few years ago I was diagnosed with an additional neuro disorder, progressive. It is affecting my muscles. I am sure it is just a matter time until my breathing is affected as well. Damn thing is gonna take me out way too soon.

ThomasMcKean

Post by ThomasMcKean » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:44 pm

Janknitz wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:47 pm
I went from a PRS1 60 and I can only say that the Airsense Auto is 1000X better. It's quieter, more natural algorithm (and you have two options if you choose the "for her" model, the humidfier works well and consistently, the filters don't pop out if you cough, the on board data is actually useful, and there's no annoying beep at start up.
Could you please to elucidate on the on board data? Because really I thought 60 was pretty good. AHI, 90% pressure, leaks, that's good stuff. I can't get this S9 to tell me near as much. What all does the 10 tell you? Is it on the display or do you need to read the card?

And by the way guys, yes it was the water chamber. All fixed now. :)

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:56 pm

Which S9 model do you have? If you see AHI on the machine LCD screen there should be some other data available but maybe you don't know to expand the menu or go deeper......are you talking about the sleep report shown on the machine's LCD screen?
But it might depend on the model you are using. Some models didn't show much beyond AHI like the S9 Escape Auto model.

As for rumors of a new machine. The manufacturers keep that information a very closely guarded secret. We are never given advance notice of the release of a new model until after it happens. We all know they are working on a newer model but we are never told status or when to expect or anything like that. It could be tomorrow...next month or this time next year.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:19 pm

Having worked at two electronics companies, I can tell you that development precedes market
by a considerable time. (It was 2 years where I worked)
Features are often held back for future upgrades. (Like saving for the future)
Non-disclosure agreements are common, as well as non-compete contracts.
Penalties can be severe--your friend could be in a heap of trouble unless hints are allowed.