Coughing fits and Amara view ff mask. Help!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Michandola

Coughing fits and Amara view ff mask. Help!

Post by Michandola » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:57 pm

Any idea how to cope with coughing fits in the night with Amara View ff mask? I find it very frustrating that I dislodge the mask and sleep without it. This has been happening from past 2 nights.

LSAT

Re: Coughing fits and Amara view ff mask. Help!

Post by LSAT » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:16 pm

Michandola wrote:Any idea how to cope with coughing fits in the night with Amara View ff mask? I find it very frustrating that I dislodge the mask and sleep without it. This has been happening from past 2 nights.
Do you cough without the mask on? Coughing with the mask on can mean you need more humidity...you may also be breathing through your mouth which can cause coughing.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:15 pm

Michandola wrote:Any idea how to cope with coughing fits in the night with Amara View ff mask? I find it very frustrating that I dislodge the mask and sleep without it. This has been happening from past 2 nights.
By any chance, do you happen to take Lisinopril? (for high blood pressure or Diabetes medication)
It's a known dry cough contributor.
If so, you can ask your doctor to prescribe an ARB class of medication. (Lisinopril is an ACE class medication)

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Michandola

Post by Michandola » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:26 am

LSAT wrote:
Do you cough without the mask on? Coughing with the mask on can mean you need more humidity...you may also be breathing through your mouth which can cause coughing.
I am having cold from past two days and yes, I am coughing without the mask. It get extremely hard in the night because the mask is on and straps pulls my jaws together make coughing tough.

Michandola

Post by Michandola » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:30 am

Wulfman... wrote:
By any chance, do you happen to take Lisinopril? ............
Den

Not a problem there. No meds. Just suffering from usual coughs and cold. Just want to know what happens when you keep sneezing while mask is on?

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:42 am

Michandola wrote:
LSAT wrote:
I am having cold from past two days and yes, I am coughing without the mask. It get extremely hard in the night because the mask is on and straps pulls my jaws together make coughing tough.
Looking at the title of your post it sounds like you think it's the amara view that's causing the cough. Obviously CPAP or mask has nothing to do with your cough. See your pharmacist or doctor.