F20 Mask elbow question

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Virtualschip

F20 Mask elbow question

Post by Virtualschip » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:21 pm

Just started utilizing the F20 but there seems to be an excessive amount of air escaping out through the elbow vent.Can someone please post a close up of photo of the mask side of the elbow for comparison reasons. Mine seems to have lip that appears more then a defect then the actual design.
Thank you in advance!

Hannibal 2

Re: F20 Mask elbow question

Post by Hannibal 2 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:31 pm

Does this help?
https://goo.gl/photos/v3wyMGmFH4mpoWKb6

It is probably just venting normally, every mask has to do this.

Where have you been? It's alright we know where you've been!"
(You've been in the pipeline...)

Virtualschip

Post by Virtualschip » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:38 pm

Perfect, thank you! Used the F10 for almost a year now and haven't had this issue with the venting/noise/sensation of lowered pressure. Perhaps it will just take some getting used to, thanks again Hannibal 2 for the quick response.

NadiaK

Post by NadiaK » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:52 pm

How do you like the F20 otherwise? I am curious because I just ordered one.

Virtualschip

Post by Virtualschip » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:52 pm

Seems very nice, I like the magnet disconnect, the mask seal and the updated Velcro conn t on the top of the strap as opposed to the F10. Other then the issue mentioned above, the strap does seem a bit snug, mask is a large and the strap seems almost like a medium. Still in the breaking in/getting used to it part. Good luck.

amenite

Post by amenite » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:41 pm

Virtualschip wrote:Perfect, thank you! Used the F10 for almost a year now and haven't had this issue with the venting/noise/sensation of lowered pressure. Perhaps it will just take some getting used to, thanks again Hannibal 2 for the quick response.
My F10 has a "loose" elbow - it seems to pop out of the mask frame way too easily. They don't seem to make that part available on its own and the mask was past 30 day warranty period when I noticed it but it seems to work. My F20 went back for a refund due to a poor fit.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:43 pm

The F20 vents around the elbow connection and gives the impression the elbow is leaking. The F10 appears to vent is the same area. The holes on the F20 may be shaped differently which could affect the direction the air moves when venting.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

Hannibal 2

Post by Hannibal 2 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:59 am

Virtualschip wrote:Perfect, thank you! Used the F10 for almost a year now and haven't had this issue with the venting/noise/sensation of lowered pressure. Perhaps it will just take some getting used to, thanks again Hannibal 2 for the quick response.
My pleasure, My partner likes that it doesn't vent forwards like my old mask so she doesn't get the occasional draft blowing her way

Hannibal 2

Post by Hannibal 2 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:02 am

Virtualschip wrote:Seems very nice, I like the magnet disconnect, the mask seal and the updated Velcro conn t on the top of the strap as opposed to the F10. Other then the issue mentioned above, the strap does seem a bit snug, mask is a large and the strap seems almost like a medium. Still in the breaking in/getting used to it part. Good luck.
I have been using mine for about a month, it seals pretty well but have been getting some face dryness, the bridge of my nose was getting quite red and sore but I resolved that by using a piece of silicone tape between nose and mask. I just put some E45 cream on my face in the morning to deal with the dry skin. Also had a problem with face marks caused by the lower straps so I tuck a sock underneath them to prevent this.

Virtualschip

Post by Virtualschip » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:04 am

Love the design of the mask and the straps and it is very confortable. I like everything about it...except one thing and i hate to say it but it's not working for me.
I know AHI isnt everything but it's the most recognizable thing to look at intially. After averaging in the 2's with the F10 my number with three days of F20 usage were 8.9, 6.8 and lastly 16.2. Last night i went back to the F10 and it was 2.6. I'll try a few different things this weekend with the F20 in an attempt to see if there is something I am doing wrong or perhaps a fit issue. Other then that........I'll probably revert back to the F10.

Last edited by Virtualschip on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hannibal 2

Post by Hannibal 2 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:24 am

Virtualschip wrote:Love the design of the mask and the straps and it is very confortable. I like everything about it...except one thing and i hate to say it but it's not working for me.
I know AHI isnt everything but it's the most recognizable thing to look at intially. After averaging in the 2's with the F10 my number with three days of F20 usage were 8.9, 6.8 and lastly 16.2 Last night i went back to the F10 and it was 2.6. I'll try a few different things this weekend with the F20 in an attempt to see if there is something I am doing wrong or perhaps a fit issue. Other then that........I'll probably revert back to the F10.
If you change anything in your therapy you may have to make other adjustments to suit and also give your body more time to adjust, we're not robots. I found my AHI was higher at first with the F20 but after a week or so it settled down, averaging about 2.5 now.

NadiaK

Post by NadiaK » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:38 am

Virtualschip wrote:Seems very nice, I like the magnet disconnect, the mask seal and the updated Velcro conn t on the top of the strap as opposed to the F10. Other then the issue mentioned above, the strap does seem a bit snug, mask is a large and the strap seems almost like a medium. Still in the breaking in/getting used to it part. Good luck.
Interesting about the strap being snug. I have heard that from a couple reviewers. The guide showed that I needed a medium so that is what I ordered. Would be nice if you could choose one size mask and another size strap.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:07 pm

NadiaK wrote:Interesting about the strap being snug. I have heard that from a couple reviewers. The guide showed that I needed a medium so that is what I ordered. Would be nice if you could choose one size mask and another size strap.
Actually, you can, but it takes a little effort on your part. You can purchase the mask kit which includes the frame and cushion of your choice and order the headgear in the size you want. The price works out to be the same as the price of the mask at cpap.com

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

CPAPLowspark

Post by CPAPLowspark » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:17 am

I am less than a month into my CPAP therapy. I started with a full mask, hated it...moved to the FN20, LOVE IT!!!
Machine: AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Mask: ResMed AirFit N20 Nasal Mask

Dencha

Post by Dencha » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:18 pm

Has anyone had problems with the new ResMed F20 exhalation Valve elbow? I just got a replacement mask and the elbow doesn’t allow ANY air out. My old one was fine, so I switched it out. Maddening. Does ResMed respond to problems like this and send replacement parts?

Additional Comments: I was given an ASV machine because during my sleep study the CPAP and BIPAP made my central apnea worse