Amara View Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear - Fit Pack

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
springman946

Amara View Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear - Fit Pack

Post by springman946 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:56 am

i have a question about the Amara View Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear - Fit Package does anyone on here recommend it or is it horrible I am interested in trying one for myself I have a hard time getting the mask to fit into its compartment in my bi pap machines carry case and the top support for my fore head leaves marks and I have people ask me what did you do to your fore head. and I tell them that i look like Darth Vader at night

LSAT

Re: Amara View Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear - Fit Pack

Post by LSAT » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:10 pm

The forehead support on the Quattro is designed to be worn loose. If you are getting marks...it's too tight. As far as the carry case, I don't think I would change masks just because it doesn't fit in the case. Have you read this.....
https://maskarrayed.wordpress.com/tamin ... e-quattro/

Hannibal 2

Post by Hannibal 2 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:20 pm

springman946 wrote:i have a question about the Amara View Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear - Fit Package does anyone on here recommend it or is it horrible I am interested in trying one for myself I have a hard time getting the mask to fit into its compartment in my bi pap machines carry case and the top support for my fore head leaves marks and I have people ask me what did you do to your fore head. and I tell them that i look like Darth Vader at night
The Amara View is a very popular mask which I'm considering for myself, but not everything is good for everyone. If you can find a mask that is comfortable and works well for you, how well it fits into your carry case is NOT a consideration, you'll find another way to carry it.

Where have you been? It's alright we know where you've been!"
(You've been in the pipeline...)

Hannibal 2

Post by Hannibal 2 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:35 pm

LSAT wrote:The forehead support on the Quattro is designed to be worn loose. If you are getting marks...it's too tight. As far as the carry case, I don't think I would change masks just because it doesn't fit in the case. Have you read this.....
https://maskarrayed.wordpress.com/tamin ... e-quattro/
This is very helpful! I am currently trying my Quattro FX for a few nights to see how it compares with my nasal mask. So far so good where data is concerned, but I have found it uncomfortable, and noisy at high pressure which wakes me 2 or 3 times. I will persevere however, thank you.

Hannibal 2

Post by Hannibal 2 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:21 am

Well I tried this procedure last night, I set it up on my back using Mask Pressure Test and thought I had a good seal. Wrong! I was woken twice by the damn thing leaking so in the end just tightened the straps! Maybe the mask is just not right for me, it's certainly not good for my partner as it's so noisy it keeps her awake!