Help with reading this.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bmanley

Help with reading this.

Post by bmanley » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:56 pm

Going to try and post some shots from sleepyhead from last night. Hope this works.

http://imgur.com/a/ciHVZ

http://imgur.com/a/mCl92

http://imgur.com/a/bzMGh

bmanley

Re: Help with reading this.

Post by bmanley » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:59 pm

Okay don't think that worked right

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:29 pm

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

bmanley

Post by bmanley » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:52 pm

Sorry the first time I did the images it didn't give me the options it did when I went back in.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:19 pm

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:21 pm

Turn off the calendar - it's keeping results from showing up underneath.

bmanley

Post by bmanley » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:51 am

Hope this works right.

bmanley

Post by bmanley » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:54 am

This is the day before which I tried in all the other posts.

Sleeprider

Post by Sleeprider » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:30 pm

Your results are excellent and the few CA and H events are nothing to worry about. You are using your APAP near the high end of your required pressure, which means the pressure never really increases or decreases. You could take a few cm off minimum pressure, but this is working pretty well. You have not commented on how you feel with the therapy and your perception of how it's working. As far as how to read these charts, the top chart is events. and there aren't many. The fact you only have a couple hypopnea and several CA suggest that obstructive sleep apnea is pretty well resolved.

The Flow rate like is you respiration. You can zoom in on that and see individual breaths. What we see on this zoomed out view is a very steady respiration rate, and we can see in the summary stats on the left you have a good minute vent, can't read tidal volume as it is cut-off. Without the pie chart that would show up along with other data. (File/Preferences/Appearance and uncheck the pie chart option on the right side).

Below flow rate is pressure. We can see that even though you're in APAP mode, there is nearly no variation after ramp. We can see the CPAP pressure line (IPAP) has a median pressure of 15.08 and maximum of 16.0. The green line is EPAP and the result of using EPR (exhale pressure relief) at 3 cm. The leak rate line shows pretty good results with only a couple mask slips, or mouth leaks. The flat-topped leaks are usually from the mouth. Finally you have infrequent snores, and well-controlled flow limitation.

What questions do you have about this?

bmanley

Post by bmanley » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:18 pm

Well that helps. Didn't know how to read the leak rates because it looks like it leaks more then it must be doing. As far as how do I feel I'm never rested in the morning. Now I do move almost all night, confirmed this with a camera. I don't lay in one spot for more then 20 minutes to maybe an hour but most of the time it's 15-20 minutes between me moving. Now I'm pretty sure this is back pain issues. So I think the times I have events is when I've been still for a longer time.
Going to my pain doc this week and seeing when I can get in and burn the nerves in my back which I hope will cut down on the pain during the night. Trouble is it will be a while before I get in to get it done and need both sides done. And it take 2-3 weeks to really feel the relief from it. If getting this done helps enough with the pain and I can sleep for longer periods of time it will be interesting to see how that changes my events on the cpap.

Right now if I don't have anything to be out doing I fall asleep in my chair by 9am

bmanley

Post by bmanley » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:22 pm

In this screen shot what does the part with the AHI mean? The two places where is goes up and over and back down but it seems like a long period of time

bmanley

Post by bmanley » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:23 pm

What size do you pick to get the full page in the shot?