Keep SD Card or Not

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
RestlessinWoolley

Keep SD Card or Not

Post by RestlessinWoolley » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:07 pm

Well my new ASV and BiPap Titration Test isn't till next week March 22nd and my DME is saying I need to return the machine On/By March 24th, in order for Medicare to be able to issue me the new one. They know I have chosen a different DME for my next provider. My Question is with all the data downloaded to Sleepyhead, from the SD do I keep the SD Card to use in the new machine, or erase it and factory reset the DreamStation before giving it back. Clinic will allow me to borrow a Clinic Unit if i don't have the new machine by then from the new DME. I don't know what kind of data it stores, or if its of any importance. I am just happy the day is almost here for the new test, and to be done with the DME I am currently with. Thanks

"I hate the word 'Handicapped' and 'Disabled'. They imply that you are less than whole don't see myself that way at all". ~Aimee Mullins

jtravel

Re: Keep SD Card or Not

Post by jtravel » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:15 pm

I don't know if Your DME wants the SD card that was included with the machine or not. You would need to ask them that question.
The new Machine will come with a New SD card. If you downloaded the Data to sleephead from your current SD then you already have the data on your computer.
Using the Clinical Menu for your machines erase all the data on the machine and card before Turning it in.

Last edited by jtravel on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:24 pm

RestlessinWoolley wrote: My Question is with all the data downloaded to Sleepyhead, from the SD do I keep the SD Card to use in the new machine,
don't be a petty thief.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:34 am

If you get a ResMed machine (which I think your doctor prefers) it won't let you use that old SD card without erasing everything first.
And the new machine should come with a new SD card.

You've got the old data in SleepyHead anyway. If you want a copy of the old card just make a folder for it on your desktop and make a copy and put it in the folder for safe keeping.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:17 am

Keep that card. The monetary value of the card in insignificant. It's the data that are important.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:57 am

The monetary value of the card is insignificant; but the DME markup is substantial, should it turn up missing.
Do not keep it--they may stick you for way more than you could buy another. This is how they operate.
(((It is a trap)))

RestlessinWoolley

Post by RestlessinWoolley » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:50 pm

Ill copy it as a backup, and send it back with it, surprisingly the only thing I get to keep, is the mask, and whatever filters I've been sent. I just recieved a "Turn In" checklist in my email, and the SD card is listed. The reason behind the early return is that's the end of my 3 month Compliance check. Apparently it makes it a ton easier on paperwork for them (heaven forbid more paperwork for these idiots, they can't even send a fax to my clinic without calling and harrassing me). New machine will be a ResMed unit as will the Loaner, a spare clinic machine, unless it's still checked out then she said I'd be sent home with a RemStar Pro Unit. She figures it will take a few weeks for the new study to be read and finalized, but will press on the new DME to get me my new machine ASAP when they are faxed the new prescription. Thanks everyone.

Even my doctor is looking forward to the new unit, as my Periodic Breathing has increased over the last month, but my AHI seems to stay about 6-7 nightly, but my PB has been between 3-7%. She admits making a mistake, as I should of been on a Backup or ASV machine but figured Medicare would panic and figured it would be worth a shot to see if it would clear up with just a standard machine.

Oh and Pugsy The HyberNite cured the VS2 events, it was my Snuggle Wrap causing the issue, I ran one night with the old hose and no wrap, not a single mark. and I am not running it on the HyberNite.

"I hate the word 'Handicapped' and 'Disabled'. They imply that you are less than whole don't see myself that way at all". ~Aimee Mullins

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:19 pm

RestlessinWoolley wrote:The HyberNite cured the VS2 events, it was my Snuggle Wrap causing the issue, I ran one night with the old hose and no wrap, not a single mark. and I am not running it on the HyberNite.
Well....I never thought to ask about a hose wrap. Good to know that the Snuggle wrap can fool the machine in case it ever happens again.
You don't want to use the Hybernite and a hose wrap anyway because it gets way too warm.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

RestlessinWoolley

Post by RestlessinWoolley » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:36 pm

My only thought is the wrap made the hose more echoey, or something, because it does make the hose sound more crinkly..lol, It dawned on me that the first night I ran it was the same night the new filters came in, with my Replen, and messing around found, if I wrap the wrap tighter around the hose it gets worse. I am already set for a heated hose for the new machine. Glad I only spent $10 on it thru Cheap Cpap Supply aka AeroFlow Healthcare.

bmanley

Post by bmanley » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:07 pm

Sorry I don't know your story but have you had the first machine very long? Just wondering why you have to turn it in unless you have only had it a short time. Also I just got a new machine, the airsense 10 autoset. And I had to ask for the SD card. It didn't have one in it but she was happy to give me one once I asked.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:45 pm

Sometimes the patient gets a loaner machine, especially if the apnea is severe and additional testing is needed.
This way the patient is not stuck with a cpap when they really need a bipap.
This could be the case. Members can read previous posts by another member--to fill in history.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:49 pm

OP in this thread is returning the first machine for several reasons but the primary reason is that his sleep apnea is complicated and he needs a different type of machine.
Secondary reason is that his DME is a butthead DME and not particularly helpful...so there's not only a change in type of machine but change in DME also.

RestlessinWoolley

Post by RestlessinWoolley » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:41 pm

Yep, supposed to be getting a Bi Level or ASV MAchine next, my soon to be late DME has messed up since the start, lost paperwork and even gave me the wrong machine to start with. It is a royal mess right now.