airfit nasal pillow p10 for her mask quest

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
mibbim

airfit nasal pillow p10 for her mask quest

Post by mibbim » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:10 am

Hi, I start to use p10 for her 2 days ago, I like it’s light and quiet compared the Nuance Pro I used before. I use the xsmall size since I thought the tip (pillow head?) should go inside the nostril. My nose felt discomfort last night, so I thought may be too deep, and then after I lose the headgear, it problem went away. However, it shows a little bit leak when I checked “myair”. So I decided to check on this site to see if something I did wrong. After I read the post here, it should not go inside of the nostril but sit on outside the nose? Any p10 for her user can share more insights? Thanks!

Pugsy

Re: airfit nasal pillow p10 for her mask quest

Post by Pugsy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:18 am

The nasal pillow bulk should rest gently against the nostril. Only the teeny tiny tip of the inner cone goes inside the nostril and it shouldn't be touching anything inside the nostril.
Sometimes if we use a size to small of the nasal pillow it will try to climb up inside the nostril which brings part of the rim or bulk of the nasal pillow into the nostril and it hurts.

There's a fine line in adjusting where the nasal pillow is snug enough to not move around too much and not be so tight it wants to crawl up inside the nose.
I had this happen with the XSmall size. Once I went to the Small size it didn't happen again.

Use available software (hoping your machine gathers useful data) to see just how bad that leak might have been.
A little leak isn't the end of the world.
https://sleep.tnet.com/equipment

MyAir is a ResMed website...just how much leak was it showing you?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

mibbim

Post by mibbim » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:36 am

It says 1L/min, pretty low I guess. P10 tip is kind of different from Nuance Pro. Nuance's tip is very obviously, I used size small since that's the smallest size, but p10 is the whole round thing that I am not sure how much needs to go in. The mask instruction says go inside of the nostril. You are right about if it's tight, then it goes in more. That's why I lose it up, but with hair, it's hard to stay. So I am going to try wear a cap today (I also need to wear a chin strap, homemade a few with elastic band, but won't stay), and try wear both the mask and chin strap to see what happen. Will try the small size too instead of xsmall to see any difference.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:43 am

1 L/min leak...that's extremely good numbers. I wouldn't give it a second glance.
Now if teeny tiny leaks wake you up that's a different story but if you are sleeping well and they aren't waking you up then I wouldn't worry.

The bulk of the P10 pillow doesn't go inside the nostril...it should just rest gently against the nostril.
Like if you just picked up the nasal pillow and with your hand placed it gently against the nose. Nothing but the tiny tip of the cone goes inside and even then it doesn't touch (or shouldn't touch) anything inside the nostril.
If the pillow is trying to crawl up into the nostril then it is too small. It shouldn't even have a chance to try to do that.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

mibbim

Post by mibbim » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:23 am

HI, Pusgy,
Thanks, I will try that tonight. It's not much of the leak wake me up, I am a light sleeper, usually only sleep 2-3 hours will wake up in the past when I didn't have the cpap. But I can always go back to sleep again. But the cpap, I still wake up 2- 3 hours, but it's hard for me to fall into sleep again bcz all the stuff on my face and head.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:40 am

No mask should ever cause pain, bruising, skin abrasions.
If it does then it is either the wrong size, wrong fit or simply the wrong mask for the person's face.

If you wake up and can't go back to sleep because of all the stuff on your face and head can you try to isolate what it is that is so annoying and then work on fixing it?

mibbim

Post by mibbim » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:40 pm

I will try to use tap to replace the chin strap to see if that's the reason tonight. The pb is it hurts when you take the tap off in the morning, I image that pain is like doing waxing everyday. I don't need to wax in my whole life so far. The other question is I download the sleepy head, but hesitate to use that since I afraid I will wipe out the data from the SD before my doctor can see it. I won't have an appo until middle of May. And if I read correctly, the sleep master software can only read the freshair sd card? I would like read data directly from the cpap without taking in and out every time. I think the air curve uses S9 sd card. So how people normally reading the data? Thanks again!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:30 pm

mibbim wrote: I think the air curve uses S9 sd card. So how people normally reading the data?

We remove the SD card and put it in the computer and then put it back in the cpap machine.
Using SleepyHead doesn't do a thing to the data on the card.
The worst that would happen is that you forget and leave the SD card in the computer and you miss some of the graphs that get written to the SD card. Even that isn't the end of the world..the basic summary data is stored on the machine and will get put on the SD card if the card spent the night in the computer.

mibbim

Post by mibbim » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:15 am

still struggle with the airfit nasal pillow and chin strap. I tried both size small and xsmall. The mushrooms look top always get into my nostril if I tighter the headgear. if I lose it up (pull the back one up front), then feel more comfortable but it became noise, and the gear easy slipping off, that means a leak? So are we supposed to tight it that we only can hear the breathing sound when we berating? But then the mushroom top will easy slip into the nostril. I am still not sure what is the proper way to wear the mask.