Musical Dreamstation

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Jeanne Ellen

Musical Dreamstation

Post by Jeanne Ellen » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:17 am

My husband just told me that my machine was playing musical tones last night, which I must have slept through because I heard nothing, so if it was trying to warn me about something, it failed. He said it sounded like a clock chime. It did it twice, about a minute apart. He said that I was breathing normally and he didn't hear any "whooshing" noises like it was leaking. Have any of you heard of this before?

Pugsy

Re: Musical Dreamstation

Post by Pugsy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:31 am

That's a new one.
I don't recall anyone here ever mentioning their machine sounding off chimes.

Might want to use the software available to see if anything looks whacky on the reports.

There is a mask alert feature but that that's a beeping noise I think (or has been on all my prior Respironics machines ..I don't have a DreamStation) but it doesn't usually happen unless there is a big leak which your husband most likely would have noticed.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:44 am

I never heard such a thing on mine (unless I slept through it too).

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:43 am

Pugsy wrote:That's a new one.
I don't recall anyone here ever mentioning their machine sounding off chimes.
at one point, I had a respironics elbow on the back of my s9, and I'd get different whistling tones depending on how I was breathing, the elbow had sharp edges inside, instead of a smooth bore, and it was setting up resonances in the airflow, which created rising and falling tones. getting rid of the elbow got rid of the whistling.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Jeanne Ellen

Post by Jeanne Ellen » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:38 pm

Wow! It worked! This is the first time I've tried posting a screen shot, so I'm impressed I was able to navigate the instructions. Anyway, the "music," according to my husband, took place about 12:30AM, about an hour after I fell asleep. I see a gap about that time. I usually sleep on my side with a DreamWear mask, and lately I've been waking up a lot at night, sometimes with air blowing out the mask. I've noticed that when I sleep more soundly, my AHI is higher, but never much above 1.5. Does anything here look unusual?

Jeanne Ellen

Post by Jeanne Ellen » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:56 pm

I called my cpap supplier and they set me up with a trouble-shooting appointment next week. They said something about maybe the machine was sending an error report.

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:20 pm

Jeanne Ellen wrote:My husband just told me that my machine was playing musical tones last night, which I must have slept through because I heard nothing, so if it was trying to warn me about something, it failed. He said it sounded like a clock chime. It did it twice, about a minute apart. He said that I was breathing normally and he didn't hear any "whooshing" noises like it was leaking. Have any of you heard of this before?
Does the DreamStation feature online/over the air firmware updates? If so, is it possible the chime was signaling that function's successful completion?

Jeanne Ellen

Post by Jeanne Ellen » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:41 pm

I don't think it's doing updates. It's got a Bluetooth connection that transmits information from the machine to a phone app and to the DME. Maybe it's a problem with that. I unplugged it and plugged it back in to reboot it. I remember a few days ago I noticed that the power light was flashing off and on. I wonder if my machine is on the fritz? I bought it just six months ago!

RestlessinWoolley

Post by RestlessinWoolley » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:06 pm

My light will flash and as soon as I turn it on by the front button, its usually a message like, check/change filters. verify your filters are not plugged up so air isnt whistling by around the edges.

linuxman

Post by linuxman » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:27 am

Jeanne Ellen wrote:I don't think it's doing updates. It's got a Bluetooth connection that transmits information from the machine to a phone app and to the DME. Maybe it's a problem with that. I unplugged it and plugged it back in to reboot it. I remember a few days ago I noticed that the power light was flashing off and on. I wonder if my machine is on the fritz? I bought it just six months ago!
It doesn't use bluetooth to send data to your DME. It uses either a cellular modem (default), or a wifi modem (optional). The bluetooth connection to your phone app is just for your own use with the online tracking application.

The power light flashing means there's a message for you...probably filter change reminder. Tap the front panel button to turn the screen on and you'll see some message there. On the chime noisy... can't say I've ever heard that. It does beep for some things (see page 16 of the manual for when), but I've never had any of those conditions so I've never heard mine to hear if it's chime-like.

Additional Comments: Sleepyhead software