F & P Brevida

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Hornnumb2

F & P Brevida

Post by Hornnumb2 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:19 am

Well got it in yesterday and not sure that I like it. It is soft and comfortable for sure but because its so soft it moves in and out as I breathe, maybe its because I am on bipap. Anybody else have this problem? Thanks Michael

Pugsy

Re: F & P Brevida

Post by Pugsy » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:28 am

Hornnumb2 wrote:Well got it in yesterday and not sure that I like it. It is soft and comfortable for sure but because its so soft it moves in and out as I breathe, maybe its because I am on bipap. Anybody else have this problem?
Yeah..it does that with bilevel and the higher the pressures the more it does it.
The F & P Pilairo did the same thing for me.

When I tried the Brevida it didn't take me too long for the in/out inflation/deflation thing to fade into the background and not be so annoying. You have to make an effort to ignore it and it will eventually become less of an annoyance.
I actually used it for a month or so. My biggest issue was the back strap...it needed to be a little shorter for my head and there's no easy way to make it shorter.

It is super soft though...the good is the super soft...the bad is that it is so super soft it oscilates which is a distraction.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

quad1man

Post by quad1man » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:58 am

I just got the F&P Brevida yesterday and tried it for the first time last night. It took a few adjustments to get a good seal, but I eventually got one. I was able to roll side to side in bed and never have any leaks. In that respect far superior to my P10. On the negative the "bladder" does make sound when I inhale. Not too bad, but different from the P10. I didn't think it was possible, but the diffuser is even quieter than the P10.

Overall I had zero air leak for the whole night. AHI of 0.2 So the therapy results are outstanding.

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:50 pm

Hornnumb2 wrote:Well got it in yesterday and not sure that I like it. It is soft and comfortable for sure but because its so soft it moves in and out as I breathe, maybe its because I am on bipap. Anybody else have this problem? Thanks Michael
First thing: I don't consider this fluctuation to be a "problem." Rather, I see it as a clear indicator of a good seal - if it is leaking rather than sealing, it will not be following the pressure fluctuations inherent with EPR or the normal ups and downs of breathing (the common source of the in and out movement). Also, as I am asleep while this movement is taking place, it never bothers me. I have been using the Brevida exclusively since the end of January and find it to be both very comfortable and very effective. Leaks are fewer and further between than before regardless of sleeping position. At this point, I have relegated my P10 to a drawer and probably will not be going back.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:03 pm

JimW159 wrote:Rather, I see it as a clear indicator of a good seal - if it is leaking rather than sealing, it will not be following the pressure fluctuations inherent with EPR or the normal ups and downs of breathing
The masks will move with pressure changes from bilevel/EPR unless the leaks are ridiculously bad, because the machine increases flow to compensate for the leaks, until the blower speed maxes out.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

linuxman

Post by linuxman » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:33 pm

I just opened up one of these a couple of hours ago, and gave it a few minutes trial. Very nice mask, and definitely easy on the nose. The seal seems very forgiving. I'm looking forward to giving it a shot tonight.

Additional Comments: Sleepyhead software

Hornnumb2

Post by Hornnumb2 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:03 pm

I haven't gave up on it yet but the movement on my face is pretty annoying, I don't have that with the P10. It is very soft and comfortable but there is a lot more area touching compared to the P10. I might have a slightly used Brevida for sale if somebody is interested. I will try it a little more this weekend. Thanks Michael

linuxman

Post by linuxman » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:18 pm

Hornnumb2 wrote:I haven't gave up on it yet but the movement on my face is pretty annoying, I don't have that with the P10. It is very soft and comfortable but there is a lot more area touching compared to the P10. I might have a slightly used Brevida for sale if somebody is interested. I will try it a little more this weekend. Thanks Michael
I found similar with my first night of use of the Brevida. It's a really nice mask, very soft and easy on the nose. However, it's somewhat Dreamwear-like in fit and feel, even though it has the pillows. I found it quite sensitive to leaking with nostril flare, unless I had the mask pretty tight and the headstraps over the ears to keep a more straight back force on the mask. It looks like the P10 is still the golden standard for me, but I'll try the Brevida for a few more nights.

Additional Comments: Sleepyhead software

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:14 pm

I tried it too, did not like it because of the movement that caused leaks and woke me up. I sold it on here earlier this month.
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:26 pm

Hornnumb2 wrote:the movement on my face is pretty annoying,
You oughta be using it on a bilevel machine with 4 or 5 cm difference between inhale and exhale...it's a trip for sure that inflate and deflate thing but I was able to finally get to a point where it was a non issue. Took a bit of time though. Wasn't overnight for sure.

My main issue was like I have said before...I need that back strap to be shortened a bit.
I actually used the Brevida maybe 6 weeks or so and the inflate/deflate annoyance became a non issue. I think it probably took a couple of weeks though.
I knew I could get past it though which is why I kept with it. I went through the same thing with the Pilairo.

I do understand that some people might not be able to get past it. Not everyone will be able to do it. Someone not using exhale relief at all might find it an easier adjustment because fluctuation won't be nearly as great but if I liked my exhale relief I don't know that I would give it up no matter how comfy the mask was otherwise. Not when I had an already quite nice of a mask in some other nasal pillow mask waiting in the drawer.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.