Still trouble with intense exercise

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Trivium91

Still trouble with intense exercise

Post by Trivium91 » Wed May 15, 2024 11:36 am

Hey guys I was basically an athlete before sleep apnea brought me to my knees, it was so bad even basic walks would leave me exhausted. At any rate, things have vastly improved but I still can't get my heart rate much past 130 when weight training otherwise im pretty much guaranteed insomnia and feel like total crap the next day. Also I've been on CPAP for about three months, though I heard it can take a year for your body to fully recover, is this true? Adrenal fatigue also comes to mind, since many of my symptoms before CPAP aligned with that. I do find It interesting that I have double the events (like 2AHI vs less than 1) on workout days, these are mostly obstructive events. I guess I just chalk that up to increased deep sleep from the weight lifting and therefore, increased events due to more relaxed airway.

ozij

Re: Still trouble with intense exercise

Post by ozij » Wed May 15, 2024 8:25 pm

Ever heard of overtraining, and exercise being too intense?

You were, so to speak, brought down to your knees by sleep apnea.
Did you attempt to rebuild your fitness at the right rate - or are you possibly attempting to push yourself to fast to where you were at your best?

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

vandownbytheriver

Post by vandownbytheriver » Wed May 15, 2024 9:13 pm

I think it's because you're swole up... fatter tongue equals more AHI. At the level you're complaining about it means not much... I've proven I can fart and pop an event.

Hang Fire

Post by Hang Fire » Thu May 16, 2024 11:40 am

HR>130??

How old are you? It’s easy for me to go higher when lifting weights. You might need to see a cardiologist.