Need help with CPAP supplies

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
glen4cindy

Need help with CPAP supplies

Post by glen4cindy » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:55 pm

Hello,

Not really sure why, but, over 1 year ago my DME just quit calling me for updates of my CPAP supplies. Also, last year at this time due to a thyroid condition I lost a ton of weight and stopped wearing my CPAP for awhile, so I didn't want to make waves about the CPAP gear.

At any rate, after my thyroid treatment and gaining some weight back, I needed to start wearing my CPAP again.

I had some supplies that I had never used. I did need headgear. So, I took the number off my current headgear and went onto Amazon and bought a replacement.

The only issue with the new one is the plastic clip on the end. There is a different attachment point where it attaches to the grey plastic whip looking part of the face mask.

I'm wondering if it's possible to obtain this part of the face mask or if it's necessary to get a whole face mask. I'm not even sure there are numbers on this plastic piece. I do know the clip part is just slightly different. However, the other end where the what I would call the ring of the headgear hooks on is pulling wider and wider and needs to be replaced anyway.

I can clean the plastic part of the face mask, but do need this whip piece.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

OkyDoky

Re: Need help with CPAP supplies

Post by OkyDoky » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:06 pm

Check out our forum hosts site. I'm not sure exactly which part you need but here is a link to parts for your mask. https://www.cpap.com/productSearch.php# ... it%20HC432:.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:08 am

If what you need is the little grey clip that attaches to the headgear and plugs into the mask, I have spares from the HC452 Oracle mask that may be the same part. to the best of my knowledge, that part is not sold separately.
Here is a link to the Oracle mask so you can look at the image to see if it is the same part as in your mask.

If that looks the same as the clip in yours, drop me a PM with your snail mail address and I'll send you a couple of them?

Oracle 452 Lessons Learned Updated
DSX900 AutoSV with HC150 extra humidifier and Hibernite heated hose
Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.
Sleepyhead and Encore Pro 2.21.

glen4cindy

Post by glen4cindy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:52 pm

Hello, and thanks for these replies.

I originally missed them when they were posted.

The part that I am really in need of is what I'm calling a "whip" is referred to as the "Glider Strap"

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/fisher ... -mask.html

I'll see if I can get what I need from the link provided.

I was able to use the old clip from the old headgear with the new headgear but now that glider strap is really getting worn out. The piece at the opposite end of the clip really spreads open to the point where the headgear won't stay in any longer.

Thanks for the help.

Woody

Post by Woody » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:59 pm

Have you called your DME and asked about supplies ? Mine doesn't
call me either but in my case I had told them not to call I would call
when I needed supplies.

Additional Comments: SleapyHead software