FFM ? not wide enough - bottom axis triangle

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
krl

FFM ? not wide enough - bottom axis triangle

Post by krl » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:06 pm

I just got the Simplus F&P medium. I see that they seem to measure by distance away from face. The mask feels great, but if the mask represents a triangle then the bottom line isn't wide enough, and when fully relaxed I'm getting slight leaks at both edges of my outer lips. So I had to tape.

The whole point for me getting a FFM is to be rid of chinstraps and tape - When I asked cpap.com if the large had the same dimensions as the medium - answer was yes. So the question is - is there a recommended FFM that has a wider length below the lips?

And she couldn't tell me the exact measurement because she stated "it's really hard to measure a cushion because it's hard to tell where the pressure point will be." Any advice greatly welcome - seems like the length of a mask (under lip) would be more of a known thing due to the variety of mouth sizes...but this is all still mostly French to me. K

Pugsy

Re: FFM ? not wide enough - bottom axis triangle

Post by Pugsy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:17 pm

The sizing guide is like a chinese puzzle to me....man I would hate to be trying to figure out a size with it.
Makes me more glad that I can use nasal pillows.

https://5faacd0c97cf0d23c6dc-064f3cd61b ... d-2014.pdf

Maybe someone will have both sizes and they can answer your question or better yet an unwanted Large size you can try out.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:58 pm

krl wrote:I just got the Simplus F&P medium. I see that they seem to measure by distance away from face. The mask feels great, but if the mask represents a triangle then the bottom line isn't wide enough, and when fully relaxed I'm getting slight leaks at both edges of my outer lips. So I had to tape.

The whole point for me getting a FFM is to be rid of chinstraps and tape - When I asked cpap.com if the large had the same dimensions as the medium - answer was yes. So the question is - is there a recommended FFM that has a wider length below the lips?

And she couldn't tell me the exact measurement because she stated "it's really hard to measure a cushion because it's hard to tell where the pressure point will be." Any advice greatly welcome - seems like the length of a mask (under lip) would be more of a known thing due to the variety of mouth sizes...but this is all still mostly French to me. K
With all the problems you are having, you may as well try the Total Face Mask...
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/respir ... dgear.html

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:19 pm

If it makes you feel any better, I always have a problem with the chin parts being too wide!

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:24 pm

I've been complaining about that for four years... still no joy! The ResMed F10 large is about the widest I've personally found and just passes muster for me, but not by much.

BTW, my face and mouth are pretty average, I'd even say that my mouth is a bit on the small side. Oh well, there are some custom made masks out there but they are seldom mentioned here. Probably $$$$$

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Omne

Post by Omne » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:43 pm

I had the same problem with the Airfit F10 so I went to a large and it helped by shifting it downwards a bit. I also tried a mask stabilizer from Pad A Cheek and that's worked really well for me.

krl

Post by krl » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:16 pm

LSAT- Not there yet...seems like going from Fighter pilot to astronaut - plus from the little I've gleaned - the total face comes with it's variety of problems with more surface area to cover. But I'll keep percolating. Thanks

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:48 pm

Have you considered either the ResMed Liberty or the InnoMed Hybrid? They both offer most of the features of a FFM but with much more flexibility in sizing. The nasal pillow components and mouthpiece are sized separately. The Hybrid offers a wider range of mouthpiece sizes but most users seem to find the Liberty more comfortable. Many have commented that they found Hybrid's chin piece to be a nuisance and modified it.
Liberty: https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... dgear.html
Hybrid: https://www.cpap.com/productpage/RespCa ... -Mask.html