TRACHEOTOMY

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JohnnyBravo

TRACHEOTOMY

Post by JohnnyBravo » Thu May 26, 2016 11:58 pm

Hi:

It's kind of hard to post this, since everyone here uses cpap. I don't. It hasn't worked for me. I've tried about everything, including MMA, which i had 3 months ago and it seems like i'm worse. I've had untreated severe sleep apnea for years now and i'm very sick and weak now. So, I'm looking for a tracheotomy now. I know it's hard to find and convince a doctor to get one for sleep apnea. Does anybody know one? Does anybody know anyone who got a tracheotomy for sleep apnea? All forums i've found are old and the emails don't exist anymore. I'm not in the US, but i can travel. Thanks for any help.

John.

Goofproof

Re: TRACHEOTOMY

Post by Goofproof » Fri May 27, 2016 12:22 am

After the Tracheotomy, what part are you going to mutilate, you are going to run out of parts. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

49er

Post by 49er » Fri May 27, 2016 1:36 am

JohnnyBravo wrote:Hi:

It's kind of hard to post this, since everyone here uses cpap. I don't. It hasn't worked for me. I've tried about everything, including MMA, which i had 3 months ago and it seems like i'm worse. I've had untreated severe sleep apnea for years now and i'm very sick and weak now. So, I'm looking for a tracheotomy now. I know it's hard to find and convince a doctor to get one for sleep apnea. Does anybody know one? Does anybody know anyone who got a tracheotomy for sleep apnea? All forums i've found are old and the emails don't exist anymore. I'm not in the US, but i can travel. Thanks for any help.

John.
Hi JohnnyBravo,

I am so sorry about your situation.

What does your MMA surgeon say about your condition and have you asked him/her for a referral? That might be the best place to start.

Also, if I remember correctly, you had mentioned going to see Dr. Steven Park, right? Would he be able to do one or refer you to someone who does?

49er

49er

Post by 49er » Fri May 27, 2016 2:48 am

I just found this site that may be helpful:

http://trachs.com/web-resources/

As an FYI, I checked the link to the yahoo support group and while it doesn't seem to be very active, there were postings this year in April and a few in May.

kteague

Post by kteague » Fri May 27, 2016 2:54 am

JohnnyBravo wrote:It's kind of hard to post this, since everyone here uses cpap. I don't. It hasn't worked for me. I've tried about everything, including MMA, which i had 3 months ago and it seems like i'm worse. I've had untreated severe sleep apnea for years now and i'm very sick and weak now. So, I'm looking for a tracheotomy now. I know it's hard to find and convince a doctor to get one for sleep apnea. Does anybody know one? Does anybody know anyone who got a tracheotomy for sleep apnea? All forums i've found are old and the emails don't exist anymore. I'm not in the US, but i can travel. Thanks for any help. John.
I don't know your history, so I'm just thinking out loud here. Was your effort with CPAP before or after the MMA procedure? Just wondering if MMA + CPAP might work for you. The airway should be a bit wider giving CPAP a better chance. If you've already done that, please disregard.

Matt00926

Post by Matt00926 » Fri May 27, 2016 6:47 am

Have you had a proper sleep study done in a lab? Have you undergone a titration for CPAP or Bi-level therapy? Please provide more information. I have never heard of a tracheotomy done for non-cardiopulmonary issues.
Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 ST
Mask: Fisher & Paykel Simplus FFM

Michelle-OH

Post by Michelle-OH » Fri May 27, 2016 8:33 am

Wow, I wouldn't think it would be that hard to find a doc to agree to a tracheostomy if everything else truly has failed, because there aren't a lot of other options. I would be so scared of infections related to the trach site, but I guess if that's your only option. Have you contacted the larger, teaching hospitals? I'm just guessing that might be a way to start if your sleep doc hasn't put you in contact with anyone.

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Fri May 27, 2016 8:55 am

Have u looked into Inspire Implant Device
http://Www.inspiresleep.com

avi123

Post by avi123 » Fri May 27, 2016 11:42 am

Tracheostomy is wrongly spelled.
Johnny Bravo's post seems to be the wrong medical approach to treating his problem.

Last edited by avi123 on Fri May 27, 2016 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri May 27, 2016 11:50 am

Johnny Bravo's been around for a long time, just didn't sign in this time.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Fri May 27, 2016 11:57 am

avi123 wrote:Tracheostomy is wrongly spelled.
Johnny Bravo's post seems to be a troll.
Avi -- if a person misspelts a word or perhaps makes a tippo, it don't make em a trolle!
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri May 27, 2016 12:18 pm

"Tippo"? Typo, you ignoramus.

Thatgirl

Post by Thatgirl » Fri May 27, 2016 1:08 pm

Julie wrote:"Tippo"? Typo, you ignoramus.
Since every other word's spelling was horribly mangled in that post, I'm confident they were being humorous.

Usually ~EPAP 6, IPAP 12
Loving Sleepyhead!

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Fri May 27, 2016 2:24 pm

Poor Julie... you're such a lame human being. Get a life. Stop belittling people. Such a sad woman! No wonder Pugsy has you on her ignore list.

Thanks, Thatgirl.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Fri May 27, 2016 3:17 pm

Lucyhere wrote:
Poor Julie... you're such a lame human being. Get a life. Stop belittling people. Such a sad woman! No wonder Pugsy has you on her ignore list.

Thanks, Thatgirl. :)
Your signature line about being kind really doesn't fit with the above sentiment, does it? I agree with your signature line, let's be kind.