Central & Obstructive - AHI always around 10 with ASV. Tweak Settings?>?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
beautifuldreamer

Re: Central & Obstructive - AHI always around 10 with ASV. Tweak Settings?>?

Post by beautifuldreamer » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:19 am

palerider wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:51 pm
beautifuldreamer wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:15 pm
metsfan302 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:10 pm
Was just informed from the DME that they are planning on setting me up with a refurbished Respironcs SVauto - is that normal or standard when exchanging a pap or?

Update - they told me the machine has zero hrs on it, so if it’s a refurb I assume the factory might reset it or?
They cannot reset the runtime hours on a PAP device . . .
Please provide evidence that the factory can't change hours. (hint, they can).
Thanks - I had read in older posts regarding runtime hours can't be changed, so this is new information for me that it can be changed - by the factory :)

here is a copy of a post I found from another forum:

"Total Machine hours can be reset
Something I wasn't aware of was the Total Hours of a machine can be reset without going back to the factory. Came across instructions in a Dream Station Service Manual. It instructed the use of the Service Center Tools Suite located on My Respironics. They hook the machine through a PC using a cable that fits into a link module slot. Although users cant access the site authorized dealers/DME's can. The instructions say the machine hours should only be reset if the blower is replaced.
Of course if a DME is going to reset the total hours I don't think the words "should only be reset" is going to stop them.
Don't know about ResMed but I assume they may have their own software that does this.
Maybe most of you knew this but it was news to me."
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset
Mask: Bleep

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:04 am

beautifuldreamer wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:19 am
palerider wrote:
beautifuldreamer wrote:
metsfan302 wrote:
Was just informed from the DME that they are planning on setting me up with a refurbished Respironcs SVauto - is that normal or standard when exchanging a pap or?

Update - they told me the machine has zero hrs on it, so if it’s a refurb I assume the factory might reset it or?
Thanks - I had read in older posts regarding runtime hours can't be changed, so this is new information for me that it can be changed - by the factory :)

Something I wasn't aware of was the Total Hours of a machine can be reset without going back to the factory. Came across instructions in a Dream Station Service Manual. It instructed the use of the Service Center Tools Suite located on My Respironics. They hook the machine through a PC using a cable that fits into a link module slot. Although users cant access the site authorized dealers/DME's can. The instructions say the machine hours should only be reset if the blower is replaced.
Of course if a DME is going to reset the total hours I don't think the words "should only be reset" is going to stop them.
Don't know about ResMed but I assume they may have their own software that does this.
Yes... Basically, the factory, or a refurbishment place can do anything to a machine... *users* can't reset the run hours, but ... if you think about it, a repair facility can (and probably should) reset the hours, because if they can pop in a new motor, (and the run hours are mainly about how many hours the motor has been run... ) or replace the electronics, which would change the hours anyway.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

metsfan302

Post by metsfan302 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:36 am

Well most everyone says the ResMed is far superior to Philips, or have said I am dumb for doing this and would never go with a Philips Dreamstation ASV (Bipap AutoSV) but I today am going to exchange my new ResMed Aircurve ASV for the Philips Dreamstation Bipap AutoSV - DSX900H11.

This is my second ResMed Aircurve ASV and well over the past close to 5 years, I have not been able to get my AHI below the "avg or normal" 5.0 number. My Doc can't figure it out either as to why we cant with many diff pressure settings, get it to a great or even average number. I did tritrate just recently on a Philips Machine, and while it felt weird and felt I was working against the machine and it was not as normal feeling as my Resmed machine, they were able to get my AHI down to ZERO, a number I never have been able to ever get before on my ResMed. She thinks that the only thing we have not tried was changing the machine as we have tried for the past 4-5 years with the ResMed to get my AHI to an acceptable level. So maybe I am the ODD BALL that needs the algorithm that the Philip's delivers vs the ResMed.

Thanks Pugs, Pale everyone for helping me along in this Journey , If not for you guys and the many others of this forum, I would not have learned so much and transitioned over to the ASV when my Doc at the time had me on a reg CPAP when my AHI was over 70-80.

I am sure this Dream Station has it's issues, at least I do not use the humidifier on my ResMed as I hear it goes thru water and the chamber is small. Now I wonder what the settings should be, its going to be pre set by the tech person - but there are like two other settings the Philips has vs the ResMed -- Breaths per Min and Ti setting I guess inspiratory time setting can be set to whatever ? or simply auto

I guess the worst case thing would be me having to find a used ResMed ASV if this Philips is worst for me then the ResMed

Additional Comments: Prior - ResMed AirCurve ASV User
This is my Orig Post "The start of my venture to find proper therapy" - http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic.php?f ... &sk=t&sd=a

MySifara

Post by MySifara » Mon May 06, 2019 11:29 am

palerider wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:04 am
beautifuldreamer wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:19 am
palerider wrote:
beautifuldreamer wrote:
metsfan302 wrote:

Yes... Basically, the factory, or a refurbishment place can do anything to a machine... *users* can't reset the run hours, but ... if you think about it, a repair facility can (and probably should) reset the hours, because if they can pop in a new motor, (and the run hours are mainly about how many hours the motor has been run... ) or replace the electronics, which would change the hours anyway.
Um.. I'm a novice. Had a Dreamstation for lil over a month. Returned due to conflict with Ins. Co. Charging me way more than retail without ins. cost. So I have the Remstar Plus C-Flex System One, thanks to my wonderful sister. That said, I was able to reset everything and start from scratch and know the info is only about me.
I learned the hard way and quickly that Cflex setting of 3 is easier for respiration not 1. The "Fine" adjustment, which is discussed somewhere in a thread here..Best left alone at -0- lol. Perhaps im to novice yet but I really cannot discern any differences between the two. My Dreamstation had the heated tube option, My REMstar does not. I have found out thats easy enough to purchase and change. Didn't make enough difference for me.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon May 06, 2019 12:39 pm

This thread is about an entirely different (and more advanced) machine.
Your issue may be lost in this thread.
A new thread might be more effective. 8)
Welcome to cpaptalk!

metsfan302

Post by metsfan302 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:07 am

Well its been about 2 months or so since I swapped my Reamed Aircurve ASV for the Philips Respironics Dreamstation Bipap auto sv ( there asv).

Not much has changed. The settings the sleep doc thought I would need as per my Latest ASV tritation both the min pressure support and epap have been increased and as of right now my numbers as far as AHI are the same as with the resmed - some nights it gets down to like 8.0 but mostly in the 9.5-10 range. Guess I am just one of those unique cases I dunno. I have not even transfered my data over to sleepyhead / Oscar etc.... Maybe I should as now I can see if my issues are more central or obstructive related. It does seem to have a few other settings the resmed did not have.....

This is my Orig Post "The start of my venture to find proper therapy" - http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic.php?f ... &sk=t&sd=a

ajack

Post by ajack » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:01 am

I went back to page one and saw they are obstructive events tagged. ASV max out at epap15 and on that chart you needed epap 15+. You may need to work on positional apnea, foam cervical collars etc to open your airway. That may allow the epap to clear obstructive events better. Have you resolved the air leaks?

metsfan302

Post by metsfan302 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:17 am

Have tried the collar it did not change anything. Yes on leaks no issues..... I ill post some new screens from the dreamstation a bit later

Last edited by metsfan302 on Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

metsfan302

Post by metsfan302 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:51 am

Here is my latest ASV Tritration done a few months ago, unsure if I shared it

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

metsfan302

Post by metsfan302 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:59 am

Well it’s been ages since I’ve been to the forum. Thought I would post an update. I am loving this Dreamstation BiPAP AutoSV (Philips asv)!!! I guess the slower adjustments or the way it reacts to events is better for me vs the Resmed.

I know most swear by Resmed, don’t get me wrong they have nice machines also - I have had 2 Aircurve ASV’s. My AHI on the Resmed would never get below 10.0. On the Dreamstation I average around 5-6.0 with some nights in the 2-3 range.

Any way, hope all is well with everyone.