Thank you/Which software/Intellipap user

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
49er

Thank you/Which software/Intellipap user

Post by 49er » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:21 am

As a relative newbie, I wanted to thank this board profusely. Even though I have hit some major snags in my treatment, it is because of the information on this board that I have narrowed the issues and know what questions to ask my doctor if I need to see her.

I have come to the point where I feel I need more information than what the Intellipap Smart Codes are giving me to help me figure out what may be happening. I suspect that when the machine raises the pressure, that it is causing me to wake up. This has happened consistently after about an hour and is causing severe fragmented sleep. As an FYI, when I wake up, I notice that the pressure is higher than my minimum.

Regarding software, it seems that if I buy the items necessary to access sleepyhead software that it should be adequate. However, I would like to hear from Intellipap users as to what the specific smart link software may provide that sleepyhead doesn't.

Thanks!

49er

Burkebang

Re: Thank you/Which software/Intellipap user

Post by Burkebang » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:54 am

I have both Sleepyhead and the DeVillbiss software. For your needs as a patient, Sleepyhead is the best software. If I knew then what I know now, I would have bought only the Smartlink module to use with Sleepyhead.

If you think that the automatic pressure adjustment is causing your fragmented sleep, you can study your Smartcode reports and try setting your machine to streight CPAP mode with your avarage 95 percentile pressure as the set pressure, with the ramp time and pressure you need. If you sleep through the night, continue with using streight CPAP and switch to auto once in a while to check that your pressure settings are still the right one.

49er

Re: Thank you/Which software/Intellipap user

Post by 49er » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:06 am

Burkebang wrote:I have both Sleepyhead and the DeVillbiss software. For your needs as a patient, Sleepyhead is the best software. If I knew then what I know now, I would have bought only the Smartlink module to use with Sleepyhead.

If you think that the automatic pressure adjustment is causing your fragmented sleep, you can study your Smartcode reports and try setting your machine to streight CPAP mode with your avarage 95 percentile pressure as the set pressure, with the ramp time and pressure you need. If you sleep through the night, continue with using streight CPAP and switch to auto once in a while to check that your pressure settings are still the right one.
Thank you so much for responding and for your advice.

Yup, my next move was going to be to set the machine in straight CPAP pressure. However, I am going to stick to 10cm which is essentially what my doctor wrote for at 9cm as the minimum since I have the Aflex option set at 1. I don't feel comfortable raising it any more without looking at the software to see what is going on. And even if a pressure change was called for, I would consult her before doing that.

By the way, just so people know, these awakenings have occurred no matter what I have had the Aflex settings on.

Thanks!