Just a question about tidal volume

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JDS74

Just a question about tidal volume

Post by JDS74 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:34 pm

I've been tracking all sorts of breathing data coming from my machine. Does anyone have a feeling for variation in Tidal Volume.
Mine varies from a low of 540 to a high of 690 with the average hovering about 600.
So the question is, does anyone track their Tidal Volume and, if so, how much variation do you see.

Just curious -

Oracle 452 Lessons Learned Updated
DSX900 AutoSV with HC150 extra humidifier and Hibernite heated hose
Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.
Sleepyhead and Encore Pro 2.21.

Pugsy

Re: Just a question about tidal volume

Post by Pugsy » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:40 pm

I don't track it or look at it or anything. It varies so widely between norms it's darn near impossible to tell much by just what we see reported by the machine.

Norms vary widely because of sex, age, height, weight, where we live, etc that the numbers the cpap machine shows don't really mean much.

They might be useful if someone had some sort of neuromuscular problem or restrictive lung disease or something like that but if we were to have those sorts of problems we would have known about it already and we wouldn't be using a cpap machine to tell us about it.

For me it's a useless statistic offered by my cpap machine that I just don't bother to look at since I don't have any sort of respiratory issue that I know of or neuro issue of some sort.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.