Comparing the Philips Respironics DreamStation BiPAP AutoSV (ASV) with the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV BiLevel?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: Comparing the Philips Respironics DreamStation BiPAP AutoSV (ASV) with the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV BiLevel?

Post by Pugsy » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:17 pm

Actually you can search for forum members and then access all the posts they made via their user profile.
JohnBFisher
www.cpaptalk.com/memberlist.php?mode=vi ... le&u=44411

and it looks like John was here just last month. He doesn't post much anymore but apparently he still reads.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

JDS74

Re: Comparing the Philips Respironics DreamStation BiPAP AutoSV (ASV) with the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV BiLevel?

Post by JDS74 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:10 pm

There are some differences between the algorithms for ResMed and Philips. A few people can notice the difference but most cannot.
If you are comfortable with your current Philips machine, I do not recommend switching just in case you are one of those folks.

The Philips can take a cellular modem as an accessory and the user can unplug it, If installed it is obvious in the opposite side of the machine from the SD card. It costs extra and is not supplied with the machine.

I can't speak to the issue of noise level, but it is way lower than the sound from my oxygen concentrator. If the concentrator is off, the CPAP seems to me to be silent.
My Philips does not do anything special if I yawn during the night. I get occasional high pressure pulses during the period when I'm trying to go to sleep but that seems normal for an ASV type machine.

The SD card is removable and replaceable. Lack of data space on the card shouldn't be an issue during the physical life of the machine - much less the practical life governed by insurance replacement schedule requirements.
On important difference is that the Philips uses a real DOS file structure while the ResMed used (and may still) a pseudo DOA file structure. Anything written to a ResMed SD card required the machine to reformat the card and most, but not all, of the data on the card is lost

<CPAPTALK user who actually know if this condition still exists in ResMed machines please comment. I'm not a ResMed user so my knowledge in this matter is second hand.>

Oracle 452 Lessons Learned Updated
DSX900 AutoSV with HC150 extra humidifier and Hibernite heated hose
Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.
Sleepyhead and Encore Pro 2.21.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:23 am

JDS74 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:10 pm
Anything written to a ResMed SD card required the machine to reformat the card and most, but not all, of the data on the card is lost

<CPAPTALK user who actually know if this condition still exists in ResMed machines please comment. I'm not a ResMed user so my knowledge in this matter is second hand.>
ResMed fixed this issue beginning with the AirSense models. S9 and earlier had the problem.

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:56 pm

Thank you so much for bringing me up to date on this issue.

Oracle 452 Lessons Learned Updated
DSX900 AutoSV with HC150 extra humidifier and Hibernite heated hose
Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.
Sleepyhead and Encore Pro 2.21.