Sleepyhead for Mac OS 10.10?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
KenS

Sleepyhead for Mac OS 10.10?

Post by KenS » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:30 am

Is there a version of Sleepyhead that works on Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite)? It looks like a great program and I will happily make a donation when a version becomes available that I can use.

Many thanks in advance!

SleepyCPAP

Re: Sleepyhead for Mac OS 10.10?

Post by SleepyCPAP » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:20 pm

Dear KenS,

We know it works on older systems, and since any Mac that runs the Yosemite public beta would run Mavericks or older systems, you could have both Mac OS running for the moment (with SleepyHead loaded to run on the older system) until Yosemite glitches are worked out.

--SleepyCPAP

-- SleepyCPAP
Sleep study in 2010 (11cm CPAP). Pillows (Swift FX>TAP PAP >Bleep). PRS1 “Pro” 450/460 until recall, now Aircurve 10 VAuto. Tape mouth. Palatal Prolapse solved by AlaxoStent & VAuto EPAP 4cm, PS 3.6cm = 0.0 AHI

englandsf

Post by englandsf » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:04 pm

So Sleepyhead 0.9.5 is not working under Yosemite?

I am running it fine on Mavericks and use it every day... now I'm nervous

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:58 pm

It just needs to be built under the new XCode to run..

I haven't got yosemite beta yet.. I kinda don't wanna screw up my build environment yet.. plus I'd rather not kill support for 10.6.8 users just yet..

I'll install yosemite on an external drive when it comes times to making the 0.9.7 builds

Edit for clarity: (The new version of Qt I use breaks on Yosemite if built on the old X-code, the old ones didn't have some cool features, so that's why they work.)

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.
Download http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net
Source Code http://gitlab.com/sleepyhead/sleepyhead-code

KenS

Post by KenS » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:45 am

Thanks, Mark. I'm now successfully running 0.9.5 on my Macbook. My wife's Macbook is still running Mavericks, so I will try the latest version on her computer (we are on vacation at the moment, and her computer is at home). I just wanted to confirm that the latest version is not compatible with OS 10.10, rather than I was doing something wrong.