What To Do? Self Titrating

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: What To Do?

Post by palerider » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:41 pm

joeshmoe90 wrote:Hey, Pugsy,

Do you have PM's disabled?
Pugsy is vacationing for a few days, possibly in the mountains where there's no cell signal, hopefully to return monday or tuesday.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

joeshmoe90

Post by joeshmoe90 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:52 pm

Thanks, Pale

So...who wants to give their Sat evening and helped me get setup with my machine for the first night. LoL.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:56 pm

joeshmoe90 wrote:Thanks, Pale

So...who wants to give their Sat evening and helped me get setup with my machine for the first night. LoL.
what's up? last I saw, you figured on getting a 560.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

joeshmoe90

Re: Setting Up PR 560

Post by joeshmoe90 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:05 pm

Yep. I got it. Big thanks to sleep quest and pugsy.

Just not sure exactly where to start as far as pressure. It's at 8. Do I just slap this thing on and and start getting some data?

palerider

Re: Setting Up PR 560

Post by palerider » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:19 pm

joeshmoe90 wrote:Yep. I got it. Big thanks to sleep quest and pugsy.

Just not sure exactly where to start as far as pressure. It's at 8. Do I just slap this thing on and and start getting some data?
refresh my memory, have you used a machine before?

joeshmoe90

Post by joeshmoe90 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:22 pm

Nope. First time. Pugsy was gonna assist me, but I don't think she knew I'd have so quickly
Last edited by joeshmoe90 on Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:32 pm

ok, here's what *I* would do.

set
mode: Auto
auto max: 20
auto min: 4
flex type: aflex
flex: 1
tubing type: to whatever you have,
ramp: off
auto on: on
auto off: on
mask alert: off
mask fit check: on
humidifier led backlight: off
show ahi/leak/pb: on

install sleepyhead, then tomorrow, we'll see what your pressure did, and adjust the auto min to be closer to where you went.

starting with the machine wide open (defualt auto setting) makes sense, to get an idea where you need to be, but then, tighten up the range after you get a nights data.

since you're starting at 4 tonight, there's no need to futz with the ramp.

I'd set up the machine like that, and try wearing the mask for a while, reading, watching tv, etc, so you can get used to breathing with it.

if you find that you think there isn't enough air (there really is, but sometimes it FEELS like it's not) then raise the auto min pressure to 5, or 6... or whatever feels comfortable. there really IS plenty of air, but a lot of people feel that there isn't... and that's ok, just remember, you CANNOT suffocate with the machine at 4... for some few people, that's all they need

joeshmoe90

Post by joeshmoe90 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:42 pm

Will do.

BTW, starting out with the Resmed Quattro FX FFM. Surprisingly, it does feels kinda weird, but not that weird. Probably a different story when you're on your back, in bed though. I think I can totally fall asleep with it. We'll see.

Anyhow, I'm taking off to the store for a bit. BBQ'ing some salmon fillets tonight. Yum

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:51 pm

AFlex needs a minimum pressure of 6 cm before it will kick in and do its thing....so I would suggest min of 6 and play with the flex setting to see what feels the best and use that setting.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:53 pm

Pugsy wrote:AFlex needs a minimum pressure of 6 cm before it will kick in and do its thing....so I would suggest min of 6 and play with the flex setting to see what feels the best and use that setting.
hrmph! I thought you were out of internet range

I only suggested setting up aflex for the higher pressures. but, 6 is a reasonable starting point too, I suppose I like the 4 starting point just in case.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:03 pm

palerider wrote:
Pugsy wrote:AFlex needs a minimum pressure of 6 cm before it will kick in and do its thing....so I would suggest min of 6 and play with the flex setting to see what feels the best and use that setting.
hrmph! I thought you were out of internet range

I only suggested setting up aflex for the higher pressures. but, 6 is a reasonable starting point too, I suppose I like the 4 starting point just in case.
didn't go to the mountains. Just hanging out. I am afraid that 4 cm will cause suffocation issues but if it doesn't it wouldn't hurt to start lower.
Actually AFlex will help with the timing and I think that is something that is worth using even if not using higher pressures.

So Joe... Either way will give you a good starting point. Try my idea and pale rider's idea and use whichever one feels the most comfortable to you. The difference is really minimal and not that big of a deal. Try things while awake and not under pressure to go to sleep right away.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

joeshmoe90

Re: Some Data. Thoughts?

Post by joeshmoe90 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:24 am

So here's the first few sessions over the last couple days. I know. Not much of a timeline to go on yet.

I can only guess I formated this correctly:

ImageImageImage

palerider

Re: Some Data. Thoughts?

Post by palerider » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:31 am

joeshmoe90 wrote:So here's the first few sessions over the last couple days. I know. Not much of a timeline to go on yet.
yes! you formatted it fine.

based on those charts, I'd probably set the pressure min 9 and max 15.

joeshmoe90

Post by joeshmoe90 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:40 am

Should I be concerned with raising it too much, too fast with the Clear Airway events? I've been reading higher pressures can induce Centrals?

Okay. I'll give it whirl, pale.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:02 am

joeshmoe90 wrote:Should I be concerned with raising it too much, too fast with the Clear Airway events? I've been reading higher pressures can induce Centrals?

Okay. I'll give it whirl, pale.
Your machine is already maxing out your pressure at 12...it wants to go higher.It is taking too much time for your unit to bring your pressure up from your current starting point of 4. If you start at 9 and allow the machine to increase pressure above your current max of 12, your AHI should drop considerably. Try it for several days and see what happens.