Masks for Airsense 10 Autoset for Her

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Jewel

Masks for Airsense 10 Autoset for Her

Post by Jewel » Sun May 31, 2015 10:50 pm

Hi everyone,

It looks like I will probably be getting an Airsense 10 Autoset for her.

I've been testing an S9 and it's helping a lot but my biggest struggles are with the masks fitting, leaking, creating pressure points, etc. I tried a nasal pillow and it makes me panic HUGELY so it won't work for me (I also often breathe out of my mouth, so a full face mask is a better option).

I know that Resmed has different masks designed for women vs. men. From what my RT told me, he thinks they are identical masks, other than the colour scheme used. I wanted to see if anyone on these forums can confirm that or not. Does anyone know if the full face masks marketed "for her" that will work with this machine are sized differently or if it's just the colours that differentiate them?

Thanks!

Krelvin

Re: Masks for Airsense 10 Autoset for Her

Post by Krelvin » Sun May 31, 2015 11:06 pm

Different brands will work with different brand machines. Sizing is typically done using the sizing guides for each mask.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

cancun

Post by cancun » Sun May 31, 2015 11:17 pm

[quote="Jewel"]Hi everyone,
. From what my RT told me, he thinks they are identical masks, other than the colour scheme used. I wanted to see if anyone on these forums can confirm that or not. Does anyone know if the full face masks marketed "for her" that will work with this machine are sized differently or if it's just the colours that differentiate them?

My DME said she got the For Her for me but she didn't, that is what she charged the insurance company for but they are the same price and I compared them and truly the only difference is one color strap. Also I have read where almost any mask will work with most machines so the mask does not have to be made by the same company.

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Sun May 31, 2015 11:21 pm

Krelvin wrote:Different brands will work with different brand machines. Sizing is typically done using the sizing guides for each mask.
Thank you for your reply and I realize that different masks fit differently.

My question relates to the masks that Resmed has that have two different models, with one being "for her."

For example, there's the ResMed's AirFit™ F10 and the ResMed's AirFit™ F10 For Her, or the Quattro Air and Quattro Air for her. My RT thinks the masks are sized/shaped identically, with the only difference in the "For Her" models is a different colour scheme for the straps.

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Sun May 31, 2015 11:25 pm

cancun wrote:My DME said she got the For Her for me but she didn't, that is what she charged the insurance company for but they are the same price and I compared them and truly the only difference is one color strap. Also I have read where almost any mask will work with most machines so the mask does not have to be made by the same company.
I also tried a mask by Fisher and Paykel. It seemed to fit my face a bit better (didn't feel like it was on the edges of my mouth), but the way the straps went on and the pressure on my forehead (hard plastic), it gave me a huge headache very soon after putting it on.

cancun

Post by cancun » Sun May 31, 2015 11:38 pm

Jewel wrote:
cancun wrote:My DME said she got the For Her for me but she didn't, that is what she charged the insurance company for but they are the same price and I compared them and truly the only difference is one color strap. Also I have read where almost any mask will work with most machines so the mask does not have to be made by the same company.
I also tried a mask by Fisher and Paykel. It seemed to fit my face a bit better (didn't feel like it was on the edges of my mouth), but the way the straps went on and the pressure on my forehead (hard plastic), it gave me a huge headache very soon after putting it on.
I just got that one as well and that one goes under my chin and up between the eyes, I do think the airfit is more comfortable and also does not have a strap across the forehead. The only difference in the for her really is the color and the Airssense 10 also comes in a for her and the difference there is the machine is white instead of black and has some decorative leaves etched into the machine, not sure if the price is the same or not.

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:23 am

My mom and I both have the small size of the Resmed Quattro FX mask. She has the "for her" and I have the regular. They were identical in size, including the headgear. I could find no difference other than the color of the headgear.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:39 am

cancun wrote: and the Airssense 10 also comes in a for her and the difference there is the machine is white instead of black and has some decorative leaves etched into the machine, not sure if the price is the same or not.
The AS 10 Autoset and the AS 10 Autoset For Her are not exactly the same -- aside from the color difference, the For Her model has an additional mode of operation that the regular Autoset does not have.

cancun

Post by cancun » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:15 am

kaiasgram wrote:
cancun wrote: and the Airssense 10 also comes in a for her and the difference there is the machine is white instead of black and has some decorative leaves etched into the machine, not sure if the price is the same or not.
The AS 10 Autoset and the AS 10 Autoset For Her are not exactly the same -- aside from the color difference, the For Her model has an additional mode of operation that the regular Autoset does not have.
My mistake, so what would that be?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:06 am

In general the mask packages labeled "for Her" usually the for her part difference is color of the headgear only.

Now in some of the nasal pillow packages the "for Her" part also means that the XSmall nasal pillow is included in the 3 sizes instead of the Large when there are 4 sizes of nasal pillows and only 3 are included in a package something gets left out.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:30 am

cancun wrote:
kaiasgram wrote:
This is how it's described on the ResMed website:

http://www.resmed.com/us/en/commercial- ... r-her.html

As I understand it, both the "regular" autoset mode and the "for her" mode can be selected on the For Her model, whereas the regular Autoset does not have the "for her" option.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:57 am

cancun wrote:
kaiasgram wrote:
from the manual:
AutoSet for Her mode
AutoSet for Her mode is based on key aspects of ResMed’s AutoSet algorithm and delivers therapeutic responses tailored to the characteristics of female OSA patients.
The AutoSet for Her is similar to ResMed’s AutoSet algorithm with the following modifications:
 Reduced rate of pressure increments designed to help prevent arousals.
 Slower pressure decays.
 Treats apneas up to 12 cm H 2 O and continues to respond to flow limitation and snore up to 20 cm H 2 O.
 Minimum pressure (Min. Pressure) that adjusts according to the frequency of apneas: If two apneas occur within a minute, the pressure reached in response to the second apnea will become the new minimum treatment pressure until the next treatment session.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.