In Less Than 2 Hours, Airing Surpasses $100,000

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
cpapernewbie

In Less Than 2 Hours, Airing Surpasses $100,000

Post by cpapernewbie » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:41 am

well, here is the latest on Micro-CPAP, the throw-away CPAP you can use for camping and for those long plane trip

In Less Than 2 Hours, Airing Surpasses $100,000 Goal to Develop Micro-CPAP - See more at: http://www.sleepreviewmag.com/article/l ... ShjQ1.dpuf

Additional Comments: CPAP history: dumb tank, auto, PR M, PR System 1, PR BIPAP, PR System 1 model 60, Resmed S9, Resmed S10, Dreamstation
Resmed airsense 10

Goofproof

Re: In Less Than 2 Hours, Airing Surpasses $100,000

Post by Goofproof » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:26 am

More fools are born, than are dieing from untreated sleep apnea. Some invest in Nigerian sleep apnea scams, how much did they get you for? Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:15 am

7/2015-3/2016: Build prototype for testing <- excuse me?
3/2016-1/2017: FDA clearance and insurance approval
7/2017: Production and shipping of the product

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:26 am

I think I better start a crowd funding account to cover my recreational expenses! Since I like you people on cpaptalk so much I will give you all a chance to be first in line for my funds drive

Let's see, how does that age old saying go......"A Fool and His Money Are Easily Parted"

Link to Sleepyhead:
http://sleepfiles.com/SH2/

KirksMonkey

Post by KirksMonkey » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:50 am

I posted a minimal Bill of Material (BOM) for a CPAP... pressure sensor, micro-controller, PCB, enclosure, battery and silicon nasal pillows and challenged them to justify how they could hit their claimed target of $3 let alone make a profit. The message was deleted and I got banned from the airing facebook page.

Here is the thing, they could sell this for $250 and I'd buy one in a heartbeat. All they would need to do is make the Zinc-Air batteries replaceable (they are basic hearing aid batteries). But all they seem to be aiming for is pixie dust.. they don't even have a prototype, the shell they are showing is empty and just about every crowdfunding site wouldn't have allowed this (Indigogo is one of a few that allow ideas... KickStarter demands a working prototype).

Be warned. This sure smells like a scam and anyone that seriously questions them is having their posts removed on the airing FB page.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:24 pm

Will this never stop <sigh>

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:57 pm

Been waiting for them to "go live" so you could see what the "Perks" were.

Lets see... You get 50% off of the regular price (which they est is $3.00) but can't actually give you a firm number since they clearly don't know. The assumption that 90 day supply is 90 units??

They can't give you ANYTHING unless the device makes FDA approval, another thing they can't guarantee since they don't have one now to find out.

And you need a RX from your Doctor... I'm sure they would take any RX but my Doctor could easily say except that fake product.

And lastly, they expect to ship in July 2017 2 years and a month from now! Seriously?

Imagine all those people who have false hopes this is the magic device which will save them from OSA without using an already proven available to use product right now and waiting 2 years for the fiction to arrive.

The only thing that is going live is their money collection system..

Note, Last year I signed up for the Matchstick - The Streaming Stick Built on Firefox OS. This was a device they were demonstrating that had some simple changes to be made before they were able to mass produce it and ship. AFTER the deadline for shipping the product, they announced they were going to pretty much start over and to this date they have not honored their KickStarter project except to send out some developmental boards.

Imagine something much more complicated to a simple chromecast like device that already exists in other forms, getting FDA approval and shipping them in quantities to make a profit.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:01 pm

Sir NoddinOff wrote:Will this never stop <sigh>
Not as long as we have "New Pie in the Sky" people being born, the level of the human race is failing fast, must be the global warming rotting their small Grey matter. Breeding should be controlled. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:08 pm

Krelvin wrote:Note, Last year I signed up for the Matchstick - The Streaming Stick Built on Firefox OS. This was a device they were demonstrating that had some simple changes to be made before they were able to mass produce it and ship. AFTER the deadline for shipping the product, they announced they were going to pretty much start over and to this date they have not honored their KickStarter project except to send out some developmental boards. .
so far, I'm at 75% on crowdfunding... I bought into a butter knife from oz that has a built in butter grater so it makes easily spreadable butter curls from cold butter... that one delivered on time and works great.

and the l3d LED cube, that one delivered on time.

and the anova sous vide circulator, that one delivered on time.

there was another thing, that was supposed to turn your smart phone into a DVM, but all I've seen from them is talk tlak talk problems problems slowdowns, redesigns, 'gimmie my money back' which they actually did... so, meh.

oh, and Con Man, which is in process and hasn't reached it's delivery date yet.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:18 pm

If, IF, this actually turns out to be real,
it will be quietly sold off and submerged forever by those parties most threatened,
And the inventor will likely share the fate of Rudolph Diesel.
{{{you do know he was PUSHED off that ship!}}}

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:52 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:If, IF, this actually turns out to be real,
it will be quietly sold off and submerged forever by those parties most threatened,
And the inventor will likely share the fate of Rudolph Diesel.
{{{you do know he was PUSHED off that ship!}}}
Good point CF... I hadn't even considered that

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

KirksMonkey

Post by KirksMonkey » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:17 am

palerider wrote:so far, I'm at 75% on crowdfunding...
I am too... but this is a scam product on a crowdfunding site that caters to scammers.

http://observer.com/2014/08/indiegogos- ... l-garbage/
http://pando.com/2014/04/16/as-healbes- ... wdfunding/
http://gizmodo.com/one-of-indiegogos-bi ... 1699188819

My greater concern is this will harm legitimate crowdfunding sites who at least demand a working prototype (such as kickstarter). Airing just went over $500,000... anybody know a district attorney in Massachusetts? The clown running this, Stephen Marsh, has repeatedly run off with investors money in a series of failed startups... his actions so blatant that he managed to break the corporate veil for founders that is now being cited as case law:

http://mandalitigationcommentary.blogsp ... older.html
http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/blog/ ... -650k.html

karen773208

Post by karen773208 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:33 am

It would be great if it worked, because my cats like to lay on my hoses. But I don't like all the emails I'm getting from the founder Marsh guy. I wanted info, don't have the $$ to contribute to anything! But it would be nice if it worked.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:37 am

karen773208 wrote:It would be great if it worked, because my cats like to lay on my hoses.
it'd just get clogged with catfur.

Chimpanzzz

Post by Chimpanzzz » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:52 pm

Airing is promising just a bit too much pixy dust. And by a bit too much, I mean a s--t load.

1.) It doesn't have to be battery powered and disposable. People would pay through the nose for a reusable compact hoseless unit. A light-weight power cable from a wall adapter to my face is not necessarily a deal-breaker for me.

2.) Why is the whole unit disposable? Just replace the battery daily. Even if it's a magic Air battery.

3.) Has any armchair-engineer (I'm not one) done the back-of-the-envelope calculation on how much electrical energy it takes to move the amount of air required at the needed pressure for 8 hours? Giving Airing the benefit of doubt that the micro-air pump thingies are 100% efficient in converting electric energy to moving air, can the disposable battery still supply enough power to pump that much air? That's a lot of energy needed. Smells fishy to me.

3.) Why are they limiting themselves to a strapless nasal pillow design? Strap-on headgear is not a deal-breaker for most. Simply eliminating the air hose would be a huge comfort bonus. They could greatly broaden their market by offering a greater variety of masks. I would think that would be obvious to them if their technology was real.

4.) They could make an ultra-compact portable blower unit (no mask) that attached to existing masks via the dreaded air hose. I would pay hundreds just for the compact blower alone. That would be a much easier initial product offering than the promise-everything-in-one-pixy-mask.

...and the list could go on. Please add to it as you see fit.

The bigger question is; is there a way to convince Indiegogo that this is a scam?