Where to buy masks online at a discount in Canada

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Snoremaster3000

Where to buy masks online at a discount in Canada

Post by Snoremaster3000 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:18 pm

Hello everyone,

After a few months of trying out a number of masks and CPAP machines, I'm about to purchase my own equipment. I've found I like using two different masks - the P10 is my favourite, but if I'm at all congested I prefer a nasal mask - the Eson 2 specifically, as I find it easier to breath with a stuffy nose.

I live in Ontario so much will be covered, but my health plan isn't the greatest for mask coverage. I'm wondering if any Ontarians would be kind enough to help me locate reputable online dealers (preferably Canadian-based) where I can purchase masks at a reasonable discount.

Hawthorne

Re: Where to buy masks online at a discount in Canada

Post by Hawthorne » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:27 am

I am in Ontario and buy masks (good price - fastdelivery) from cpapoutlet.ca. They are in the Toronto area. I get most of my cpap supplies there now.

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

Windmill

Post by Windmill » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:39 pm

I live in Ontario and get my P10 from canadacpapsupply.com Cost is $108.90 + $16.95 for shipping. I usually add a couple of the nasal pillows with the order (they are $20.90). The shipping is the same I believe up to $200. The price is in Canadian funds but it is shipped from the U.S. I have always got my order within 2 weeks and there is no duty on medical supplies.

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:44 am

cpapoutlet.ca - same mask - $108.60 and about $10 shipping - arriving in under a week. If you purchase extra mask parts, filters, etc you could get free shipping. Still the best place for Canadian online cpap shopping, in my opinion.

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

Hose_Head

Post by Hose_Head » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:15 am

I've been using clinicalsleep.com out of Vancouver. My experience has been that they deliver in 1 to 2 weeks and shipping has been free. In general, I've found their prices competitive with (or maybe even a little cheaper) than those at cpap.com when you factor-in the exchange rate and cpap.com's shipping costs to Canada (remember too that cpap.com cannot ship Resmed and Philips-Respironics products to Canada).

For comparison of prices, I just checked clinicalsleep's price for the P10 mask and found that it is $140 cdn with free shipping. A little higher than prices noted by others.

Prices seem a little volatile in Canada at the moment due to the recent swings in valuation of the dollar. You might get a good price in one shop today and then find out that the same shop has the worst price a few days later. As in anything, you should comparison shop for the best price when you are ready to buy.

Today we have a few Canadian alternatives for online shopping for our xpap needs. It was only a few years ago that we had no Canadian alternatives at all.
I'm workin' on it.

Snoremaster3000

Post by Snoremaster3000 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:44 pm

Wow, thank you all very much for your suggestions! This is just what I was looking for. This forum has been a godsend for me as I've been working my way through the beginning of my treatment.

safercyber

Post by safercyber » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:48 am

Good Morning,

Has anyone ever purchased from FPM solutions,

Prices seem very reasonable CAD. Soon to be new user so just getting my ducks in a row so to speak.

Cheers

cpapernewbie

Post by cpapernewbie » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:20 am

safercyber wrote:Good Morning,

Has anyone ever purchased from FPM solutions,

Prices seem very reasonable CAD. Soon to be new user so just getting my ducks in a row so to speak.

Cheers
Prices are not listed in the website. How do we know?

Additional Comments: CPAP history: dumb tank, auto, PR M, PR System 1, PR BIPAP, PR System 1 model 60, Resmed S9, Resmed S10, Dreamstation
Resmed airsense 10

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:40 am

I looked under winter specials, it shows the Resmed 10 autoset with mask and supplies for $1121.00 CAD, shipping included.

I see what you mean as far as other items not showing pricing. Just wondering if anyone has bought from them?

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:41 am

Never even heard of them, though have heard of the others and bought ?? from them in the past. I think you'll have a hard time now with the exchange rate having gone back in the sewer this year, finding any discount, as most dealers here have to buy from the US.

koolaid

Post by koolaid » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:38 am

Guest wrote:I looked under winter specials, it shows the Resmed 10 autoset with mask and supplies for $1121.00 CAD, shipping included.

I see what you mean as far as other items not showing pricing. Just wondering if anyone has bought from them?
I am also looking at buying my first machine, and am located in canada. I started another post on here asking about papsmart.com but since i found this thread... here i am.
through all my research the best prices i have seen north of the border is the s9 at Papsmart.com for $799.
I then also found FPM(http://www.cpapmachinescanada.net) and they have the best prices on most machines. The s9 is also $799 there and the airsense 10 is $996.

Did you end up buying from them?

Cannuck 1

Post by Cannuck 1 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:06 am

I like cpapsupplycanada.com and had very good results, if you luck out on their special event days you get the sale and free shipping together.
I have bought the A10 and masks & parts from them with no problems.

SgtWilko

Post by SgtWilko » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:36 am

My preference goes to http://www.cpapclinic.ca in the Toronto area.

Shipping is free across Canada and they usually ship same day. It rarely takes more than a day or two to get my order. They don't necessarily have the lowest prices but they beat local suppliers by a large margin. That said, I've had them price match http://www.cpapoutlet.ca before without any problems. I think they are linked somehow but not sure. More importantly, service is GREAT. You can call and talk to a live person if needed. They don't mess around when you have problems with your purchased products. They make it right. They also have two brick and mortar locations in Vaughn and Mississauga, if that's important to you.

Regarding http://www.cpapsupplycanada, their prices are great but... I've ordered there before and they did not use the right Tariff code for the supplies so I was charged customs and sales tax. I had to go through the trouble of filing a claim with the CBSA to get these charges reimbursed. Not the best use of my time. Shipping times are also on the long side. Add to that that the products are shipped from the US so you have the somewhat unpredictable customs delays to deal with. Their sales response is great but their customer service response is passable at best. Not my first choice unless they have a mega deal on an item I need and I can't get close enough to their price with cpapclinic or cpapoutlet. Its only happened once so far but it resulted in the customs reimbursement hassle I mention above.

Regarding FPM Solutions, their prices are higher and the website is not great for online shopping since they don't show prices (except a few promos every now and then). This is a larger, more corporate type of supplier that services more than sleep apnea sufferers. You have to phone them to get a price and they are definitely higher than the smaller web suppliers. They have several brick and mortar locations in the Toronto area. I've ordered a lithium battery pack from them in the past. It was very expensive but it still works 4 years later. I've shopped for masks and machines with them about 1-2 years back and they were not competitive.

Sooo...To each their own.

Sgt Wilko

Last edited by SgtWilko on Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:50 am

cpapclinic.ca and cpapoutlet.ca are the same company. I have ordered under both names. I THINK one is the ebay site.
I agree! The customer service is excellent and the delivery is fast, not to mention the competitive prices! This is where I buy cpap stuff.

Lyban

Post by Lyban » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:49 pm

I am also in Canada, I notice a few of you are using the p10 air pillow mask. I am interested in trying this and I am currently using the Phillips wisk nose mask.

Will I find it very hard to adjust to nasal pillow type masks. I am a side sleeper mostly.
Thanks