Breeze User Needs New Nasal Pillow Recommendation!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sleepinglikeababy

Breeze User Needs New Nasal Pillow Recommendation!

Post by sleepinglikeababy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:37 am

Hello cpaptalkers!
I am a happy cpap user for more than 10 years - so happy that I don't even have reason to ask questions for years at a time. But, my beloved Breeze headgear with green nasal pillows is running on my last set of replacement parts, so I need to find a new mask like it.
I will only use Nasal Pillows.
I have tried other kinds, but only the "mohawk" tube placement works for me - up over the nose, mid forehead, over the head...
What would be your recommendations?
Opinions regarding these options:
Opus 360
Mirage Swift LT
THANK YOU!
I always come back to this amazing forum whenever I have questions. It is SO reassuring to be able to ask!

Pugsy

Re: Breeze User Needs New Nasal Pillow Recommendation!

Post by Pugsy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:21 pm

Have you looked at the Tap Pap?
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/tap-pa ... roved.html
sleepinglikeababy wrote:Opinions regarding these options:
Opus 360
Mirage Swift LT
Of these 2...I liked the Swift LT the best but only because I found the Opus headgear to not be very stable.
The Swift LT has the plastic arm thingies that pushed on my cheeks and got really close to my eyes...and I found that annoying...but less annoying than the unstable headgear of the Opus.
Then ResMed released the Swift FX and I dropped the Swift LT and those annoying plastic cheek thingies like a hot potato.

Bear in mind I have never really need to route the hose overhead though.

Don't discount the Swift FX nasal pillow. Even though not widely shown routed over the head it's really easy to do it and just secure it to the top strap with a bit of velcro or whatever. The hose swivels easily and won't tug on the pillows when you swivel it and it would be easy to anchor it up on the top strap.

Oh...there's another new nasal pillow that brings things up on the top of the head. You can route it in front or in back of the top of the head because it swivels. Adding a short hose might make it even more versatile for top of the head placement.
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/pr-dre ... -pack.html

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

sleepinglikeababy

Post by sleepinglikeababy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:05 am

Thanks for the ideas and input!
The Swift FX is an interesting option - wonder if anyone "out there" can tell me from experience how it works to route it up and over the head mohawk style?
Old Breeze users - what do you use now?

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:14 am

I used the Breeze for years and was happy with it, although they always eventually broke on the curved piece in the front or at the nose cushion hinge when the plastic got old and brittle.

I switched to and am now very happy with the AirFit P10. The hose issue is easily solved with a $10 hose hanger that you can get from Amazon - I've posted the link many times. It slides under the mattress at the head or side of the bed and gives me as much freedom as the breeze used to. I also have the Swift and find the P10 to be much more comfortable.

CPAP.COM offers the P10 with free return insurance and free shipping. They can only afford to do this because the majority of people like it and end up keeping it.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:23 pm

sleepinglikeababy wrote:The Swift FX is an interesting option - wonder if anyone "out there" can tell me from experience how it works to route it up and over the head mohawk style?
I did it with a piece of velcro but it was a long time ago and I never took a picture of it.

Remind me this weekend by posting in this thread...and I will dig out my old Swift FX headgear and rig up something so you can get an idea how it would work. It was really easy to do. Pretty much works like the Opus...that Opus thing on top of the head is optional...it's just a strip of velcro that you wrap around the top part of the headgear and the hose at the same time.
I don't have time right now to go digging it out and finding the velcro and all that but I will try to do it this weekend but you will likely need to remind me...and if you can do that by just posting in this thread.
If no one else has a way to show you how to do it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ughwhatname

Re: Breeze User Needs New Nasal Pillow Recommendation

Post by ughwhatname » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:51 pm

Mohawk-style, I like the descriptor. The Tap Pap does this, but it's a very different set up in that the pillows are set in a mouthpiece, rather than something on your face. The website has it available if you want to get a visual.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:50 am

sleepinglikeababy wrote:The Swift FX is an interesting option - wonder if anyone "out there" can tell me from experience how it works to route it up and over the head mohawk style?
Fixed it up and took pictures this time.
See this thread
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=156425

apneaicinisrael

Post by apneaicinisrael » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:28 am

Hi, me again, back to my old sign in name ... I have my choice narrowed down to a Swift FX or an Airfit P10.
Am going to post this as a new thread, to ask specifically about these two.
Thanks for being part of the journey!