"By Pressure" in SleepyHead v0.9.8-1

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
fdw

"By Pressure" in SleepyHead v0.9.8-1

Post by fdw » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:34 am

Can anyone please interpret "By Pressure"

Thanks

ResMed AirSense S10 Autoset (Ins. Pur. 3/16/2016)
AutoCPAP 10-15 EPR 1.0 (Latest Sleep Study 3-7-16)
Started CPAP March 1995 with a pressure of 11.0

Guest1

Re: "By Pressure" in SleepyHead v0.9.8-1

Post by Guest1 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:47 am

Think of it as a binning report. So every 1cm pressure is a bin. And the report is counting which event falls in which bin. So for example the CA's in pressure 10 column show how many CAs happened when the machine was producing 10 -10.99 pressure.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:18 pm

fdw wrote:Can anyone please interpret "By Pressure"
it's a work in progress, at least, the graphs are, it mutated out of a suggestion i made to mark, and he hasn't polished it up yet, given the mutation, I'm not really sure what it means either, because it isn't quite what I had in mind

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

IreneN

Post by IreneN » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:09 pm

palerider wrote:
it's a work in progress, at least, the graphs are, it mutated out of a suggestion i made to mark, and he hasn't polished it up yet, given the mutation, I'm not really sure what it means either, because it isn't quite what I had in mind
Curious as to what you did have in mind. I like the table of numbers (it was the only reason I'd run Encore sometimes), and wondered if the graphs were just an artifact from something else. What were you suggesting they represent?

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:45 pm

IreneN wrote:
palerider wrote:
Curious as to what you did have in mind. I like the table of numbers (it was the only reason I'd run Encore sometimes), and wondered if the graphs were just an artifact from something else. What were you suggesting they represent?
iirc, it was sort of a time at pressure curve for variable pressure machines, but what came out is all spikey and pointy and often has multiple undocumented lines and just doesn't make much sense to my feeble brain

it's probably in there, sort of..

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

pbriggs

Post by pbriggs » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:07 pm

Here is my opinion of this after looking at several days of data

top line in orange - pressure in centimeter of water pressure - also a good term is pressure bin. Not sure what range of pressure is considered 10 or 11, etc... but for now lets just go with this
The next line is the total time in minutes that you spent at that pressure. On your graph you spent 2.9 minutes in the pressure 8, 3.2 minutes at pressure 9, etc
The rest of the lines are as they say - so AHI is the ratio of events per hour at the given pressure. The statistics on the left side give you the same numbers based on total number of events per hour average for the entire night. On your graph your overall AHI is 0.82. Your AHI at pressure 10 is 1.42, at pressure 11 is 0.54. read this as average events per hour at the given pressure. Your data shows average of 1.42 events per hour at pressure 10. So - if you spent the entire night at pressure 10, then the statistics on the left would match the number in column 10.

The lines on the table represent the table data in a line form. The color of the line matches the color of the description on the statistics on the left side. Light blue is OA. Rather than reading the numbers in the table you can look at the line and see that the most OA's occur around 11.5 pressure. Your large leak is highest around 10.5 etc...

Does that help any? Sometimes my logic is only logical to me..
Paul

pbriggs

Post by pbriggs » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:24 pm

another interesting bit - the table and graph update based on the data that you see---- so if you zoom in on a smaller time range the table and graph will updated based on the highlighted time range - most interesting