Simplus Mask Air Venting Issue

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ramblingasian

Post by ramblingasian » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:18 am

So my regular mask is a F&P Eson. With the fact that I'm on higher pressures (see previous posts), I sometimes end up mouth breathing in order to force the air out of my lungs. Because of this, I ordered the Simplus to see if it would help me with my mouth breathing.

Trying the Simplus last night, I made sure there were no seal leaks and started to fall asleep. However, I was immediately blasted with air in my eye from the vent/diffuser. Is that normal with the Simplus? It was so uncomfortable that I had to switch back to the Eson.

popcpoo

Re: Simplus Mask Air Venting Issue

Post by popcpoo » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:35 am

I have been using a simplus for three months. I have found I get leaks at the top of the mask that blows air into my eyes. When I get the leaks, I can usually press in gently on the seal around the nose and get the leak to stop. The air from the diffuser does not get into my eyes.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:46 am

ramblingasian wrote:However, I was immediately blasted with air in my eye from the vent/diffuser. I
I'd have to say that's physically impossible, and something else is going on.

air ain't going to make a uturn from the front and go around behind the mask to seek out your eyes.

more likely, it was leaks that were blowing in your eyes.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Tdub210

Post by Tdub210 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:00 am

It's not the vent, it's leaking. I have that same mask and get the same issue sometimes. Shoots air right at my tear ducts of my eyes. It usually means it's not sitting right. When it happens most of the time I can solve it by shifting the mask a little on my face, usually down or to the sides. Just a little at a time. I'm a side sleeper mostly, so I also adjust where my head is on the pillow. If I set back on the pillow or if any of it is touching the mask I shift to make sure the whole mask is off the pillow. If that doesnt solve it I'll make ever so minor adjustments to the straps. I try a little at the top, a little at the bottom.

sleepstar

Post by sleepstar » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:31 pm

People often complain this mask leaks into their eyes, despite the leak being exactly 0

PoolQ

Post by PoolQ » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:12 pm

It takes very little air in the eyes to be uncomfortable. I used to use that mask and when it did what you describe I would pull it down towards my chin so the nose part fit better on my nose bridge. Sometimes I had to pull it slightly out from my face to let the seal inflate and then pull it down. Might take a couple tries but it would behave sooner or later.

This is one mask where tighter is not better, float it for best results IMHO.
Sleeping MUCH better now

Tdub210

Post by Tdub210 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:35 pm

I agree with PoolQ. i use it and it really needs to float. I also move it around, usually down to get it not to leak into my eyes. When you get it to float properly though, it's very comfortable.

alpha752

Post by alpha752 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:25 pm

I use the Simplus also and have the same problem with air in the eyes. Usually just a simple wiggle to reposition it fixes it.