Obamacare and Sixty Minutes

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
The Choker

Obamacare and Sixty Minutes

Post by The Choker » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:13 pm

There were a few libs on here in 2012, and I remember who most of you are, who argued with me, insulted me and told me what a great thing Obamacare would be. I wonder if you watched that dude on Sixty Minutes tonight talking to those libs and telling them what a huge national disaster Obamacare is? Even that lib Leslie Stahl is starting to understand what a disaster it is and was flinching during the report.

Eh?
T.C.

Wulfman...

Re: Obamacare and Sixty Minutes

Post by Wulfman... » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:56 pm

The Choker wrote:There were a few libs on here in 2012, and I remember who most of you are, who argued with me, insulted me and told me what a great thing Obamacare would be. I wonder if you watched that dude on Sixty Minutes tonight talking to those libs and telling them what a huge national disaster Obamacare is? Even that lib Leslie Stahl is starting to understand what a disaster it is and was flinching during the report.

Eh?
I didn't see the show and until I found this link I didn't know who the "dude" was......I thought maybe it was Jonathan “stupidity of the American voter” Gruber. But, it was apparently Steven Brill

Here's a link to the segment of the show and the transcript of it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-obamac ... 0-minutes/

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Sircadian

Post by Sircadian » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:46 pm

The Choker wrote:There were a few libs on here in 2012, and I remember who most of you are, who argued with me, insulted me and told me what a great thing Obamacare would be. I wonder if you watched that dude on Sixty Minutes tonight talking to those libs and telling them what a huge national disaster Obamacare is? Even that lib Leslie Stahl is starting to understand what a disaster it is and was flinching during the report.

Eh?
Funny how we all see what we want to see. I saw mega corruption in pricing (ie. 400% markups), ridiculous hospital charges, vastly overpaid administration wages. They also did a show a while back on citizens crossing over to Canada to get drugs because of the gouging/greed by drug companies here. There is a reason doctors (gp's) from other countries, where they make $300K per year (plenty IMO), come here to get in on the gravy train. Here they can make much more than that.

In lieu of tackling lobbyists and company greed they would much rather place blame on any politician that feels the richest country in the world should NOT have a health system that is rated 34th by the World Health Organization. You can argue that, as many do, but the overall rating is very poor compared to less wealthy countries. As a visitor, I see a system desperately in need of a fix, one that gets business out of the health business.

I'm as guilty as anybody, they could easily tax me an extra $1k per year and not affect my standard of living. Other countries tax those that can afford more. That touches on another issue, it may be that we have a lack of willingness to share the wealth.

There are so many areas of gov't waste that would enable the powers to build a much better plan rather than fight this poor plan. Myself, find it difficult to fault anyone that tried tried to improve a broken system, absurd to me.

Complaints here about the Apnea industry is only one small example of the true problems with the system. Greed has been the modus operandi. On a side note, I have no political affiliations here.

Sirc (winning friends and influencing people, NOT)

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:21 pm

Sircadian wrote:
The Choker wrote:There were a few libs on here i
Funny how we all see what we want to see.
WELL said. +lots!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

TechJungle

Post by TechJungle » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:07 am

If you like your CPAP machine, you can keep your CPAP machine

TechJungle

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:35 am

palerider wrote:
Sircadian wrote:
The Choker wrote:There were a few libs on here i
Funny how we all see what we want to see.
WELL said. +lots!
Kind of like at the Dallas - Green Bay game tonight......the ruling of the catch at the goal line got reversed......

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Sclark08

Post by Sclark08 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:45 am

I live in Kentucky one of the poorest states in the nation.
I have spoken to countless people who can finally take their kids to the Dr and dentist for the first time ever.
Dont be too quick to judge. People who have nothing are experiencing life changing events due to Obamacare. It is not about politics. It is about a greedy non caring medical system and Rx system that is beginning to help everyone. Its not perfect. Long term probably cant sustain but things are better. Poor children are getting the medical care they deserve

The Choker

Post by The Choker » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:54 am

Sircadian wrote:Myself, find it difficult to fault anyone that tried tried to improve a broken system
This is absolutely one of the pillars of modern day liberalism. It is hilarious on the one hand but very sad on the other hand.

The principle you rely is very clear and you will find perfect brotherhood in your liberal circles: "Feelings and good intentions are what matter; never mind that the results are ineffective at best and terribly destructive many other times."
T.C.

herefishy

Post by herefishy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:43 am

There seemed to be no effort to fix the system, just expand it.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:43 am

The Choker wrote:
Sircadian wrote:Myself, find it difficult to fault anyone that tried tried to improve a broken system
This is absolutely one of the pillars of modern day liberalism.
please take your political rants elsewhere.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:53 am

The Choker wrote:
This is absolutely one of the pillars of modern day liberalism. It is hilarious on the one hand but very sad on the other hand.

The principle you rely is very clear and you will find perfect brotherhood in your liberal circles: "Feelings and good intentions are what matter; never mind that the results are ineffective at best and terribly destructive many other times."
+1
"It's not the number of breaths we take, it's the number of moments that take our breath away."

NewToBiPap

Post by NewToBiPap » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:05 am

Sclark08 wrote:I live in Kentucky one of the poorest states in the nation.
I have spoken to countless people who can finally take their kids to the Dr and dentist for the first time ever.
Dont be too quick to judge. People who have nothing are experiencing life changing events due to Obamacare. It is not about politics. It is about a greedy non caring medical system and Rx system that is beginning to help everyone. Its not perfect. Long term probably cant sustain but things are better. Poor children are getting the medical care they deserve
This is what everyone should really should be caring about. People who couldn't get the care they needed, can do so now. What happen to humanity and people actually caring about one another? Everyone is so bent out of shape about things they will never have control over. The fact that children are getting medical care they deserve makes me feel better about this country.

ButtermilkBuoy

Post by ButtermilkBuoy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:20 am

Sircadian wrote:a health system that is rated 34th by the World Health Organization. You can argue that, as many do, but the overall rating is very poor compared to less wealthy countries.
This has been debunked so may times. It is ridiculous to see it being repeated.

If you take out deaths from violence (We are a violet country), automobile accidents and newborn deaths that are not counted as deaths in many other countries, U.S. medical care ranks in the top three consistently.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:31 am

The WHO has not officially ranked health systems by country since 2000. At that time the US was ranked 37th.

http://www.photius.com/rankings/healthranks.html

ButtermilkBuoy

Post by ButtermilkBuoy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:40 am

That's 15 years. It was wrong way back and liberals have been repeating the falsehood ever since. They love to feel like victims of something, anything.