ResMed Mirage Quattro Forehead support change?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
houstonrockets83

Re: ResMed Mirage Quattro Forehead support change?

Post by houstonrockets83 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:11 pm

It with out a doubt comes apart. I just opened a new mask to make sure. Either you need to trust and pull the trigger on turning that mofo or its defective. That is the only two answers to this problem.

hyperlexis

Post by hyperlexis » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:31 pm

Into the night wrote:
1) why are you making such a federal case out of not being able to disassemble a *brand new* mask?
I'm not sure what you mean by "federal case"..that's 1940's era slang, correct?
In essence, you are supposed to be able to disassemble it to clean it and I need the piece for an older mask, for reasons which I won't go into. I can't afford to break it.
check the manual you got, it lists separate pieces, no?
Did not get a manual with this one, just a straight replacement from the medical provider.
I even tried to call ResMed customer service but..in keeping with the luck I've had today, they are closed for the weekend.
I can try and force this thing but if it breaks, again..I'm hosed. I don't have a mask at that point and won't be able to sleep.

Yes, it should come apart..agreed. But given the defects I've seen in other ResMed masks..well it really feels like they screwed-up on this one.
1.) It will not break. You have the expertise of a lot of people on here telling you that. Don't believe us, then ok. Why ask the question then?

2.) Ok -- assuming arguendo that turning the knob will break it -- which it will not(!), the mask has a factory warranty and they can likely overnight something in the very worst case.

Turn the knob (in the correct direction!), it will not break, end of story. Maybe try doing it under hot water to make it easier.

Imagine how good you will feel after you bravely unscrew your knob....

Into the night

Post by Into the night » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:17 pm

I appreciate your replies, sharing stories of your own experiences, etc.

However I was really hoping somebody had experience with this and could offer me better advice than to just crank on it and hope it does not break.

I'm not a CPAP newbie, though I hate the thing with a passion (12 years now), and am pretty darn sure how much force it takes to break plastic.

As I mentioned previously, ResMed sometimes has issues with quality control and felt maybe somebody here had the same experience.

I asked to be sure, to find out...it's a great loss if I break it and no easy way to replace so that's why I asked.

I hope that clears things up.

If anyone has any experience with this issue, please post it up.

winnie

Post by winnie » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:44 am

What is the purpose of the forehead piece? I'm a newbie and started out with the Quattro FX full face mask. It doesn't have anything on your forehead but seems very secure.
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... dgear.html

I used the Quattro as a loaner but ended up buying the Airfit F10 which is a newer version of the Quattro FX. It also has no forehead part but fits very securely.

Anyway, I hope you can get that screw out. It sounds very frustrating.

Into the night

Post by Into the night » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:56 am

Come bedtime I was forced to not sleep or try to get the forehead support off. I could not do it.
I can say that I tried rather hard to unscrew the forehead support and it will extend out all the way..and stops. I am physically unable, short of using a pair of pliers, to get it to unlock. Using pliers, I'm 100% sure, would destroy it.

As I thought initially, it's broken.

My last 2 ResMed mirage quattro masks both had major manufacturing flaws in them.
I'm starting to wonder if my medical supply company is doing something shady....

Guess I don't sleep. major bummer. sad to happen on a weekend when my med. equip. supplier is closed.

hyperlexis

Post by hyperlexis » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:36 am

Into the night wrote:Come bedtime I was forced to not sleep or try to get the forehead support off. I could not do it.
I can say that I tried rather hard to unscrew the forehead support and it will extend out all the way..and stops. I am physically unable, short of using a pair of pliers, to get it to unlock. Using pliers, I'm 100% sure, would destroy it.

My last 2 ResMed mirage quattro masks both had major manufacturing flaws in them.
I'm starting to wonder if my medical supply company is doing something shady....

Guess I don't sleep. major bummer. sad to happen on a weekend when my med. equip. supplier is closed.
Have you considered having a friend or neighbor helping you unscrew it? Sometimes, like with jars, it can take a bit more help than just one person to open.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:16 am

Into the night wrote:Come bedtime I was forced to not sleep or try to get the forehead support off. I could not do it.

Have you considered.......Leaving the mask the way it is designed? What's the big deal that you cannot sleep with the mask unless the support is removed? I've used the Quattro for 5+ years and have never had a problem with product quality.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:05 pm

This is bordering on insanity. What the Hell do you think holds the top straps on the mask?.......The forehead support. If you take it off, there's nowhere for the top straps to hook on.
I thought you were trying to remove it to clean it........which is also completely unnecessary.
If you wanted a Quattro without that forehead support, why didn't you get the "FX" model which doesn't have it?

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:38 pm

Wulfman... wrote:This is bordering on insanity.
I think he was too busy looking for his cheese tray.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.