Resmed Quattro fx users

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Greg Riddle

Resmed Quattro fx users

Post by Greg Riddle » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:55 pm

I've used the Quattro fx for a while. Switched to a airfit f1p. Going to exchange large for med. until I get the medium airfit f10 I'm going back to the Quattro fx medium. I've spent a lot of time modifying the fx head gear to make it work. I put the head gear for the airfit f10 on the Quattro fx. The headgear is a huge improvement over the Quattro fx headgear. Hope this can help others that don't like the Quattro fx headgear

saltydawg2

Re: Resmed Quattro fx users

Post by saltydawg2 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:26 pm

What issues did swapping the headgear correct? Leaks, excess tightening? Stability of the mask? I would be curious, as I also have Quattro FX. No serious problems, but always looking for improvements. Thanks.

Greg Riddle

Post by Greg Riddle » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:58 am

With the fx headgear I always had issues with stability. The mask was always climbing up my face eventually causing leaks. I don't have that issue with the airfit gear. The only way I could get the fx headgear to work is to cut the section that connected the top strap and bottom strap. Then move the top strap to the back of my head

Also the airfit headgear is a little wider and has more padding

saltydawg2

Post by saltydawg2 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:04 am

Thanks for your reply. If that becomes a problem, I will try those remedies.

funky-rat

Post by funky-rat » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:04 pm

I'm just he opposite. I was looking for an alternative headgear for the F10. I hate it. It's the way my head is shaped, I'm sure, but I hate the "hole" that the head has to fit through. I wrote Res-Med asking if there was an alternate. In the interim, I ordered the neck pad from Pad-A-Cheek hoping it helps. She seemed to think it would.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:09 pm

I'm solidly on record for my support of the Airfit F10 FFM mask. I think it's a vast improvement of the previous generation Quattro FX masks which I used for quite a long time and experienced way too much frustration regarding comfort and leaks. I can however see that ones usage of the F10 headgear is a totally subjective experience.... anyway, I would love to hear people's work-arounds. There are some Padacheek products now available, but I don't know if they apply here ... maybe someone else could chime in.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

M'ohms

Post by M'ohms » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:14 pm

I can't find success with the hole either. My ASV pressures make it necessary that I clamp my QFX to my face. The hole just pulls forward against my ears and doesn't accomplish what I need. This is the headgear that I have great success with:

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/softca ... aQodAooAUQ

Hope this helps!

7sUp

Post by 7sUp » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:48 pm

Interesting. The material on the Airfit F10 cushion irritates my face and causes breakouts, but I love the headgear. I may have to try this and see how it works for me.

funky-rat

Post by funky-rat » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:50 am

M'ohms wrote:I can't find success with the hole either. My ASV pressures make it necessary that I clamp my QFX to my face. The hole just pulls forward against my ears and doesn't accomplish what I need. This is the headgear that I have great success with:

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/softca ... aQodAooAUQ

Hope this helps!
Does this work with the Airfit F10? I love the cap, but the straps look very wide. I love the F10 mask - absolutely love it - but I can't stand the headgear. I ordered the liner and neck pad from Pad-A-Cheek. Eagerly waiting their arrival.

M'ohms

Post by M'ohms » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:32 pm

Yes, it works with the F10--I use that mask too. The straps are wide, but it's only an issue when you put the headgear on the mask. All you have to do is fold the Velcro ends length-wise to make it narrower and jimmy the clip over the place where the Velcro is sewn to the elastic strap. On the F10, there is no issue at all since the strap just loops over the hook on the mask.

I have modified the headgear slightly, however. The top straps are angled to fit a forehead support. I folded the straps downward slightly to create the angle of the upper mask connectors and then tacked them in place. I also cut down the length of the straps because they were too long. They may be fine for you. To me, it's worth fiddling with because the headgear is the best I have ever used.

funky-rat

Post by funky-rat » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:32 pm

As of right now, I've been enjoying the Pad A Cheek neck pad, but I really like the looks of that cap. I think I may order one and keep it around for when I have headaches, if for nothing else. I'm a migraine sufferer, and when I have a migraine, it's hard to wear my headgear.