Any military veterans use VA health care ?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
cajun

Re: Any military veterans use VA health care ?

Post by cajun » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:12 pm

For you guys/gals who got machines through the VA, is your sleep apnea considered service connected? I'm a Desert Storm vet with sleep apnea, but since I wasn't diagnosed while in service mine was declared "not service connected." I'm wondering if I could still get a machine through the VA, even though I don't have a disability rating through them???

GumbyCT

Post by GumbyCT » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:23 pm

I'm sure you can. I don't believe service connection has any bearing on treatment as long as you are enrolled. Don't be afraid to ask them questions.

I have no doubt, how I sleep affects every waking moment.
I am making progress-NOW I remember that I can't remember
;)
If this isn’t rocket science why are there so many spaceshots?
Be your own healthcare advocate!

Patrick A

Post by Patrick A » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:29 pm

You know with all of the bad reports of the VA, I can say this for them. You do not have to be second in line to any Illegal aliens!!! Sorry for the rant. But having to deal with illegal aliens make me want to vomit.
Don't Bend or Squash, My Aluminum Hat,it keeps them from knowing what I am thinking!
I need more Coffee&Old Bushmills!
"Without Truckdrivers America Stops!"
I'm not always wrong,but I'm not always right!
"Semper Fi"

Patrick A

Post by Patrick A » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:36 pm

cajun wrote:For you guys/gals who got machines through the VA, is your sleep apnea considered service connected? I'm a Desert Storm vet with sleep apnea, but since I wasn't diagnosed while in service mine was declared "not service connected." I'm wondering if I could still get a machine through the VA, even though I don't have a disability rating through them???
I was diagnosed with type II diabetes at the VA and they treated me for a long time. I can get an appointment to see them for that. I have a friend that I worked with that is retired from DOD civil service and the VA accepts him and his wife. Also what ever his medical Insurance pays foots the total abill they also accept his medicare, and blue-cross/blue-sheild fehb insurance.
Maybe I should look into having the VA get me a new machine.
Don't Bend or Squash, My Aluminum Hat,it keeps them from knowing what I am thinking!
I need more Coffee&Old Bushmills!
"Without Truckdrivers America Stops!"
I'm not always wrong,but I'm not always right!
"Semper Fi"

Handgunner45

Post by Handgunner45 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:02 am

cajun wrote:For you guys/gals who got machines through the VA, is your sleep apnea considered service connected? I'm a Desert Storm vet with sleep apnea, but since I wasn't diagnosed while in service mine was declared "not service connected." I'm wondering if I could still get a machine through the VA, even though I don't have a disability rating through them???
My OSA is not service connected. I do have a service connected disability (knees), which makes it easier to get seen at the VA Clinic, but they treat me for anything I present with. They provided me with my machine and all accessories and supplies.
"Remember, I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together." --Red Green

http://www.keepsakeacres.com