SleepyHead Project Takeover Attempt by AB

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Coffee Man

Re: SleepyHead Project Takeover Attempt by AB

Post by Coffee Man » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:14 pm

What is the point of this thread continuing? Wasn’t it locked?

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:15 pm

Coffee Man wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:14 pm
Clearly not.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:23 pm

Coffee Man wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:14 pm
Threads are rarely locked unless someone causes a problem in it.
This thread isn't the one that had problems in it. There hasn't been a reason to lock this one. People are pretty much behaving themselves.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:27 pm

I've been misbehaving the best I can; I'm just not very good at it.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:28 pm

jnk... wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:27 pm
Do we need to have some more lessons? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:32 pm

palerider wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:28 pm
jnk... wrote:
I refuse to send you one more dime of my money for those lessons, sir.

But is there any way we can get the SS over at AB to come lock this thread for us?
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:58 pm

jnk... wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:37 pm
Specific clipart that is legally modified for use for a specific application is considered by some to be about as protected as anything else is on this planet.
He knows what a fork is.
Respect is subjective, and perceptions may have a basis that may come to lead to misunderstandings on a grand scale.
He knows what a trademark is.
Look-alike feel-alike can be a respect issue among tech partnerships, especially informal ones.
People who are hurting, for whatever reason, can be quick to lash out, especially when respect has come to be seen as an issue and when outside pressures start to pile up.

Would everyone in this room who has never been irrational or emotional please raise your hand.

The pressure of thousands of PAP users focusing their life-and-death hopes and dreams on one man with time constraints in an ever-changing technology landscape can easily make someone feel the weight of the world upon his shoulders, even when no one purposely set out to make him feel that way. If a person needs peace and quiet to work, he sometimes needs to go dark and can be sent right over the edge if people keep turning on the light and keep constantly tapping on his shoulder all day and night every day and night. It is great when people want to be helpful, but when you are behind the wheel doing your best to drive the 18-wheeler, it's not like you appreciate a cab full of people trying to help you steer and work the pedals.

Just sayin'.

If I were Mark, I probably would have cracked from the pressure a long time ago. Give the man a break, maybe?

I ain't defending anything or anyone, but coins have two sides by their very nature.

I am neutral in this because I don't have the judging expertise to score a boxing match. But I think I know when someone is starting to look and sound beat up, whether the blows are coming from without or within.
[/quot
Last edited by Lucyhere on Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:59 pm

jnk... wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:32 pm
palerider wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:28 pm
jnk... wrote:
I refuse to send you one more dime of my money for those lessons, sir.
But, you were progressing so well!

Is this you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2IZP1f3rlg aiming to misbehave?

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:00 pm

delete
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Dreaming1

Post by Dreaming1 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:18 pm

No doubt, this thing isn’t worth having up at all...

Grace~~~

Post by Grace~~~ » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:25 pm

Dreaming1 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:18 pm
No doubt, this thing isn’t worth having up at all...

...but Thank God (and Johnny?) for the freedom to choose to just ignore the worthless, right?

Sometimes you can't see where the path is leading ... though definitely not everyone should wander unknown paths.

Don't go chasing waterfalls~~~
Began XPAP May 2016. Autoset Pressure min. 8 / max 15. Ramp off. ERP set at 2. No humidity. Sleepyhead software installed and being looked at daily, though only beginning to understand the data.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:26 pm

prodigyplace wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:40 am
Mark seems to be in a good place right now but is looking for a project maintainer to look after SleepyHead.
Someone has already contacted *ME* asking for Mark's email address (I don't have it anymore), because Mark put up that notice on the sleepyhead page asking for someone to take over the project, and left no way to contact him! (the contact link goes to "Oops! That page can’t be found.")

Sleeprider

Post by Sleeprider » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:26 pm

prodigyplace wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:40 am
Story, I misread that. I posted 1.0 and, for a while Mark's 1.1 builds. I never posted later ones I had and Mark never gave those out for free. Mark actually thanked me for posting 1.0 separate from his servers to be sure we had it here.

Mark seems to be in a good place right now but is looking for a project maintainer to look after SleepyHead. He still posts occasionally on his SleepyHead Facebook group.
Have you looked for the Facebook group? Gone. Mark has erased all of the work done by those of us that collaborated with him to create these releases. While Mark gets credit for the concept and leadership of this software, it was a shared effort that included countless hours by others, and he has erased all of our records, correspondence and files on every internet venue he controlled.

Sansnap

Post by Sansnap » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:46 pm

New member here and sad to see this turn of events. Regardless of egos involved, blame placed and insults hurled I urge the folks involved in this kerfuffle to sort it out. For those of us who with serious apnea Sleepyhead is indispensable. It saves lives.

Let's review: Sleepyhead SAVES LIVES.

Please consider this carefully as you slug it out. Real people depend on Sleepyhead and are affected by this recent turn of events.

Grace~~~

Post by Grace~~~ » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:04 am

Sansnap wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:46 pm
New member here and sad to see this turn of events. Regardless of egos involved, blame placed and insults hurled I urge the folks involved in this kerfuffle to sort it out. For those of us who with serious apnea Sleepyhead is indispensable. It saves lives.

Let's review: Sleepyhead SAVES LIVES.

Please consider this carefully as you slug it out. Real people depend on Sleepyhead and are affected by this recent turn of events.
Hi Sansnap ~~~

Welcome to the forum.
:) or :| ( ... not sure which of the limited smiley choices is best? Somewhere in between *I* think?)
Began XPAP May 2016. Autoset Pressure min. 8 / max 15. Ramp off. ERP set at 2. No humidity. Sleepyhead software installed and being looked at daily, though only beginning to understand the data.