Air blowing on partner

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
babybear

Air blowing on partner

Post by babybear » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:35 am

My pressure has been bumped up however, the higher pressure causes cold air to blow on my husband and is causing him to wake up. He is very sweet about it but I don't want his sleep to be interrupted. The swift lt for her is the mask for me as I am very petite and it fits well and checks other boxes so using a diffused mask is out. If I put something in front of me and the air bows back, will It be unhealthy for me breathing in my expelled air? Also, can anyone tell me ways that have solved the problem of preventing air from hitting their bed partner. Thanks in advance for your time. :)

Dog Slobber

Re: Air blowing on partner

Post by Dog Slobber » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:53 am

babybear wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:35 am
If I put something in front of me and the air bows back, will It be unhealthy for me breathing in my expelled air?
Can't happen. The blow-back of expelled air won't enter back into the mask. All air you breathe through the mask enters at the input vent on the machine.

Also, can anyone tell me ways that have solved the problem of preventing air from hitting their bed partner. Thanks in advance for your time. :)
Are you sleeping on your side?

If you are, try to sleep on your other side, so vented air blows away from him. If that's a problem, switch sides of the bed.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:45 pm

babybear wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:35 am
My pressure has been bumped up however, the higher pressure causes cold air to blow on my husband and is causing him to wake up. He is very sweet about it but I don't want his sleep to be interrupted. The swift lt for her is the mask for me as I am very petite and it fits well and checks other boxes so using a diffused mask is out. If I put something in front of me and the air bows back, will It be unhealthy for me breathing in my expelled air? Also, can anyone tell me ways that have solved the problem of preventing air from hitting their bed partner. Thanks in advance for your time. :)
Dogslobber is correct, all the air you're breathing is coming in through the filter in the machine.

A bit of filter material or some other porous cloth could act as an effective diffuser to break up that hard jet of air coming from the mask, since you're happy with that particular mask.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

gocamels

Post by gocamels » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:55 pm

palerider wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:45 pm
A bit of filter material or some other porous cloth could act as an effective diffuser to break up that hard jet of air coming from the mask, since you're happy with that particular mask.
I took an extra filter and cut it to fit the vent, then taped it on with porous tape we use in the hospital for wound dressings. It still let's the air through but cuts way down on the force of the flow and the noise.

katestyles

Post by katestyles » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:42 pm

gocamels wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:55 pm
palerider wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:45 pm
I took an extra filter and cut it to fit the vent, then taped it on with porous tape we use in the hospital for wound dressings. It still let's the air through but cuts way down on the force of the flow and the noise.
I used some stretch spandex fabric I had and wrapped it round the vent. Palerider has a great test to be sure you are not blocking the vent too much. If the air near the vent changes from warm air to cool air as you breathe in and out, you are not blocking the vent.

babybear

Post by babybear » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:55 pm

Thank you for all the helpful information!

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:45 pm

katestyles wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:42 pm

I used some stretch spandex fabric I had and wrapped it round the vent. Palerider has a great test to be sure you are not blocking the vent too much. If the air near the vent changes from warm air to cool air as you breathe in and out, you are not blocking the vent.
I love that test.

Saw it recently and when I wake in the night and have become so accustomed to the pressure, I'm not sure the machine is on, I use it.

Put my hand over p10 diffused air, feels cool.
Exhale, put my hand over p10 diffused air, feels warm.
Rinse and repeat a few times.

Yup, mask on, machine blowing just fine.

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:47 pm

This is my mask with a half of a Resmed filter over the vent ... I have done this for about 4 years and am still alive.

If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:22 pm

grayghost4 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:47 pm
I have done this for about 4 years and am still alive.
And I'm glad of that... good to see you here :)

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.