4 month old on cpap

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Gdmaestro

4 month old on cpap

Post by Gdmaestro » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:39 pm

Hey guys, I'm new here!
My little one has been on cpap for nearly 2 months now. I went in search of forums just to get a bit of support really and to not feel so alone in this.

She has obstructive sleep apnoea from severe laryngomalacia. She had surgery before christmas but it didn't sort things out completely. She's also on an NG feed.

I've been told she could have the cpap for up to 18months. Have had plenty teething issues with it. Between bad fit masks and her finding it difficult to tolerate! She pulls it off herself now as well so it has to get reapplied a few times a night. I'm exhausted!
Please tell me I'm not alone!

palerider

Re: 4 month old on cpap

Post by palerider » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:04 pm

Gdmaestro wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:39 pm
Hey guys, I'm new here!
My little one has been on cpap for nearly 2 months now. I went in search of forums just to get a bit of support really and to not feel so alone in this.

She has obstructive sleep apnoea from severe laryngomalacia. She had surgery before christmas but it didn't sort things out completely. She's also on an NG feed.

I've been told she could have the cpap for up to 18months. Have had plenty teething issues with it. Between bad fit masks and her finding it difficult to tolerate! She pulls it off herself now as well so it has to get reapplied a few times a night. I'm exhausted!
Please tell me I'm not alone!
You're not alone.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:35 pm

If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

Gdmaestro

Post by Gdmaestro » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:35 pm

So looks like home cpap in infants ain't common in these forums :cry: thanks anyway!

sleepy-programmer

Post by sleepy-programmer » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:56 pm

Gdmaestro wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:35 pm
So looks like home cpap in infants ain't common in these forums :cry: thanks anyway!
I hope you stay. If you have CPAP related questions the crew here is super helpful. My situation is much different but when it comes to struggling with exhaustion you're definitely not alone here.

Gdmaestro

Post by Gdmaestro » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:00 pm

sleepy-programmer wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:56 pm
Gdmaestro wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:35 pm
I hope you stay. If you have CPAP related questions the crew here is super helpful. My situation is much different but when it comes to struggling with exhaustion you're definitely not alone here.
Thank you, I'll definitely keep tabs on the forums to see if I can get some tips. Thanks a million :D