ResMes N10 Mask (pseudo)review

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bavinck

ResMes N10 Mask (pseudo)review

Post by bavinck » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:38 pm

For anyone thinking about the N10 mask I thought I would post my experience with it, as it doesn't seem to get much love (or hate) on the forum that I can see. Using pillows for the past year (P10 and Swift FX), but concerned about the long term affects on my nostrils with using pillows. Lately (could be I am looking for it) I do feel like my nostrils are getting bigger so I figured time off over Christmas was a good time for trying a new mask. I have tried various nasal masks with no luck, except for the nano for a while. All of them leaked very bad. Nano worked ok, but traveled up my nose in the night eventually limiting flow into my nose. The N10 has worked perfectly all week! No major leaks, very comfy (especially as I am coming from the P10 with is ulta-comfy IMO). I just do not notice it, which is a big deal as a new mask is always tough to adjust to. Anyways, feel free to post your experiences with the N10, as I think it is a keeper that nobody really seems to be talking about!
Auto 9-15cm
SleepyHead v0.9.3

vvh3196

Re: ResMes N10 Mask (pseudo)review

Post by vvh3196 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:17 am

I just switched to the N10 last week but have a different experience. Got on here to see if it was normal. I have massive air leak at the top in the direction of my eyes. I tried every adjustment and nothing helped. I switched back to a wisp till I can get back to DME. Anyone else experience this?

Guest 2

Post by Guest 2 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:58 am

I started with the Resmed N10 mask, Not having a lot of experience with CPAP I thought I'd try this mask, I used it for 3 weeks and in that time I keep fighting to keep it from leaking, I think if it could stay still it would be great! very comfortable head gear and very good for someone who is claustrophobic, you do have a lot of blowing out the front of your mask that can disturb your sleeping partner. Any way I did like the mask, It's just that I had to fight with it all night long to keep it from leaking, Now the 2nd mask I'm currently using for me anyway is much easier to keep from leaking and seem to stay on better, I don't need to fiddle with it as much, (After only 2 mask and can see that's the hard part is keeping them from leaks), Now this new mask I feel is working pretty good most nights my AHI are under 1 , I have had a couple over 3 but not over 5 has of yet, I know not every mask will work well for everyone but the F&P Eson seems to be a good fit for me.
With all the talk with pillows I may have to try those next, not sure I want to enlarge my nostrils though .

Minky

Post by Minky » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:44 am

I really wanted to like the N10, but couldn't. Not only did it leak every time I moved, but I found the venting to be just awful and had cold air blowing into my eyes. It's too bad because the headgear is really comfortable, but I couldn't get past the cold air in my eyes.

I bought the Wisp and really like it. It allows me to sleep on my side without leaks. I also ordered the Eson based on all of the positive reviews.