Airfit P10 Leaking

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Logies101

Airfit P10 Leaking

Post by Logies101 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:06 pm

I got an Airfit P10 from my DME and have been using it for about a month and a half. I discovered last night that the dang thing is leaking where the mask snaps on to the headgear/tubing. Has anyone else had this problem with the P10 and should I be able to get a replacement or is it normal wear and tear?

Pugsy

Re: Airfit P10 Leaking

Post by Pugsy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:38 pm

I have used the same nasal pillow holder and tubing on my P10 for a little over a year.
Replaced the stretchy headgear once and the nasal pillow once this past Oct/Nov. Never had it leak or a problem at where the nasal pillow attaches onto the short hose. Removed the nasal pillow once every week or so to wash and always snapped it right back in without issues.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Sleeprider

Post by Sleeprider » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:39 pm

The mask frame is continuous with the short tube that goes to the supply tube. If there is a leak at that point it is a manufacturing defect or abuse. Has there always been air escaping from there? If so, ask for warranty. If it's a new development it could be damage. I don't know, but there is no intended leakage form that location. I'd try to get a replacement.

VictorC

Post by VictorC » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:55 pm

I have had leaks if the short tubing is pulled up. I can't tell if it is coming from the frame or from the pillows being pulled slightly out of position. My guess is the latter since I can't imagine that just repositioning the hose would fix a leak.

SGearhart

Post by SGearhart » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:26 pm

I've had the pillows to not fully attach to the mounting base. It only showed up by having a small leaking sound. Only after massaging the base of the pillows did it snap into place. No leaks after that. One word of caution, the plastic base that the silicon pillows are attached to is a VERY low temperature plastic. Do not boil them. A good rule of thumb is if the water is too hot to touch then it's too hot for this nasal pillow.

Guest1

Post by Guest1 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:09 am

There is a little gasket all around the nasal pillow where it attaches to the mask tube. Is that damaged? Its easy to get it nicked somewhere. That will break the seal of the pillows with the mask mesh and tube.

Resmed warranties its masks for 90 days. I am sure a good DME will swap it for another without asking too many questions.