Sleep

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Mib1973

Sleep

Post by Mib1973 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:33 am

Hi
I'm new here. I've been using a cpap for about 5 years now . Some nights I sleep great and wake up refreshed . I than go thru nights where I toss and turn and wake up a lot thru the night and that can last for a couple weeks .has anybody else have this problem and if so is there anything I can do for this ?

AlabamaAl

Re: Sleep

Post by AlabamaAl » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:55 am

I think most people have good nights and bad nights of sleep, especially as we age. We look to cpap for the miracle cure, when in fact it is just bringing us back to the same ability to sleep as a person who does not suffer with sleep apnea. Good sleep hygiene is essential i.e. no caffeine before sleep...

I have those toss and turn nights when I have been working hard to solve some problem I have encountered, or am worried about a situation that a loved one or I are going thru. The mind just doesn't want to shut down.

Cpap is a good tool for sleep, but it wont solve all sleep difficulties.

Julie

Re: Sleep

Post by Julie » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:34 am

Depending on what machine you have, you could download SleepyHead software free from here and see what's going on overnight as many factors are tracked. You have to register first, then go to User Ctl Panel under the main logo (tiny blue writing) and hit Profile. Fill in the most comprehensive name/model # of your machine - text plse, not icons - and mask, with pressure settings and submit. Then upload results of SH to Imgur.com and post a link to this thread so we can see what's what.