Have you had a COVID-19 Vaccine or have an appt?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Deborah K.

Re: Have you had a COVID-19 Vaccine or have an appt?

Post by Deborah K. » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:59 pm

I got my first Pfizer shot on the 20th. I'm thrilled because I had no pain after or any other side effects. Yay!
Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset For Her
Mask: Bleep Dreamport mask system

kbh209

Post by kbh209 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:52 am

Well, I received my first Moderna vaccine on March 26th just after 12:30 pm. All was well until about 5:00 pm when I started cooking. I was getting drowsy and had to push through the cooking to force myself to stay awake. Yesterday, March 27th I had woken up with my vaccine arm sore, my back was sore, had a slight temperature and just drowsy. I slept a lot. Thus why I'm posting this at 12:50 am on March 28th.

Being this was only the first shot, I'm not sure if I'll get the second shot or not. I'm scared at "the second's side effects being more intense." :shock:
Phillips Dreamstation 2 Auto CPAP with Humidifier **

tisket

Post by tisket » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:24 am

kbh209 wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:52 am
Being this was only the first shot, I'm not sure if I'll get the second shot or not. I'm scared at "the second's side effects being more intense." :shock:
Covid is far worse than the second shot, so if you are going to be scared, be scared of that.
---------------------------------------------------
ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset, Aloha nasal pillow mask using HoseBuddy for overhead hose management, Nexcare paper tape for mouth

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:02 am

tisket wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:24 am
kbh209 wrote:
Covid is far worse than the second shot, so if you are going to be scared, be scared of that.
This is not necessarily true.

For many, absolutely, but for others no.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:50 am

kbh209 wrote:
my vaccine arm sore, my back was sore, had a slight temperature and just drowsy. I slept a lot.
Those are not considered severe effects. They are moderate. It's pretty much what Gramps and I experienced. Not a big deal.
if the symptoms include things like nausea, a fever, aches, and pains, or chills, those fall under what the CDC would be considered moderate side effects.

So if your side effects are not severe, you should have your second dose. According to the Centers For Disease Control, you are not considered fully vaccinated unless you complete the series of two shots of your mRNA vaccine, either Pfizer or Moderna.

kbh209

Post by kbh209 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:01 am

I already know that COVID-19 itself is terrifying, I've read the stories and have watched some of the stories online.

So the symptoms (side effects) from the first vaccine fall under the moderate category, and that actually makes sense for what I felt Saturday. Mind you I have a rare chromosome disorder (Chromosome 18 Ring) and my immune system in the past has been compromised. So I was nervous that I had the more "severe" symptoms from the shot. I'm still going to reach out to my primary care physician because the CDC mentions the second shot can be intense, symptoms and side effects wise. I have the right to be nervous and yet cautious.

I'm felt better Sunday and Monday, and have been participating in VacTracker sharing what I went through.
Phillips Dreamstation 2 Auto CPAP with Humidifier **

CaptainRaven40

Post by CaptainRaven40 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:32 am

I had my second shot. Not as much of a sore arm. I did the day after feel very blah during the day. That evening ran a low grade fever with a light headache and no energy. The next morning back to 100%. So I would call that very light "side effects". To me it just shows that my body is fighting against it and will be able to if I ever were to get it.

JLROhio

Post by JLROhio » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:33 am

We need to stop using the negatively sounding term “side effects”.

Think of the symptoms that folks experience as a major positive! Your body is telling you that you got a good dose of the vaccine & your body is now producing the life saving protection & immunity that will keep you out of the hospital if you are exposed to COVID-19.

If folks didn’t experience any symptoms...maybe they should not consider themselves lucky...maybe they didn’t get a good vaccine dose or their body did not produce the life-saving antibodies they will meed to fight ghe Virus in the future!

If you experience discomforting effects...that is a GOOD thing!! Those properly immunized with built up antibodies have a slim to none future chance of ending up in a hospital from COVID exposure!

The ones that need to worry are the ones who get hospitalized - God forbid if they deteriorate to the point of being put on a ventilator - that’s when the survival rate is not great.
* This is the internet - what I write will probably NOT come across as it would in person; where one can read a person's face.
My posts are sometimes tongue & cheek w/some snarky sarcasm mixed in.
I leave it up to you to figure it out!
:wink:

--

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:05 am

Up at midnight now vaccine hunting. Today (April 1) is the first day I'm eligible in California. And my county doesn't have enough vaccines for the people who were eligible before me. :cry:

I got an appointment through Kaiser for May 1st in a nearby county, but my daughter is graduating from medical school May 10th. I plan to go even with only one dose and not 15 days after, wild horses couldn't stop me. I will be very, very careful. They are holding the graduation at UNLV Thomas & Mack Center (basketball arena) which holds 18,000. Since there are only going to be about 160 graduates and their families (I think 6 family members per student) there should be plenty of room for social distancing.

I'm signing up to try to find a vaccine through unclaimed doses sooner. I'll put my retired husband on the hunt tomorrow--I made a spreadsheet. Hoping I'll get lucky and find a J&J so I'll be fully vaccinated by May 10th.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:12 am

With every risk, there's a choice.

I'm happy for those who have gotten the shot.

Personally, I have multiple severe food and drug allergies. One
very smalll part of the range of allergies is Shell fish, can't get the flu, pneumonia or shingles shot.

At this point, I'm choosing NO to the Covid vaccine. I'm not anti-vax. I'm anti allergic reaction.

My overall daily fear is equal parts of getting Covid and dying from the shot.

My reactions to drugs tend to be delayed by several hours. Sitting for 15 -30 minutes is a complete waste of time.

Perhaps later this year, I'll change my mind. But right now, I'm not ready to play russian roulette to find out if the chamber has a bullet in it for me or not.

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:23 am

Denial Dave wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:12 am
One very smalll part of the range of allergies is Shell fish, can't get the flu, pneumonia or shingles shot.
Is there a connection between shellfish allergies and the vaccines you list?

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:50 am

No connection to my or my doctor's knowledge.

it could be the actual drug that causes the adverse reactions or the ingredient's or the combination included in the delivery process.

Drug companies use a wide variety of chemicals in the injection fluids and pills. Some of which are a closely guarded corporate secret. Without the ability to know every ingredient, there's no way to test for allergic reactions.

I was hospitalized for anaphylactic shock after taking a derivative of pennicillen for a simple ear infection. That happened 2 days after I started the drug.

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

JLROhio

Post by JLROhio » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:32 am

Denial Dave wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:50 am
it could be the actual drug that causes the adverse reactions or the ingredient's or the combination included in the delivery process.

Drug companies use a wide variety of chemicals in the injection fluids and pills. Some of which are a closely guarded corporate secret. Without the ability to know every ingredient, there's no way to test for allergic reactions.
You might find this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK0C5tF ... nedCLEARLY YouTube Video from Dr. Shane Crotty, Professor at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology, Center for Infectious Disease and Vaccine Research, informative.

Dr. Crotty is highly respected in this field - as a matter of fact, it was his recent studies that were discussed during the debate back and forth between Dr. Fauci and Senator Rand Paul at a recent Senate hearing on those who have the antibodies from exposure to COVID-19 & those who have been immunized vs. the continued mask-wearing policy.

At 11:44 in the video, he explains what is reported to be used within the various vaccines (ex. saline, preservatives, and adjuvants).

Based upon what was said, it appears that Pfizer has stated that they have used no adjuvants in their COVID-19 vaccine. Maybe that is the one for you (if/when you decide to get one).

The whole video is great because it explains a lot about the makeup of the vaccine, how it works against COVID, etc...
* This is the internet - what I write will probably NOT come across as it would in person; where one can read a person's face.
My posts are sometimes tongue & cheek w/some snarky sarcasm mixed in.
I leave it up to you to figure it out!
:wink:

--

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:01 pm

Had the second Moderna vaccine on March 9.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:21 pm

Denial Dave wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:50 am
No connection to my or my doctor's knowledge.

I was hospitalized for anaphylactic shock after taking a derivative of pennicillen for a simple ear infection. That happened 2 days after I started the drug.
If they intend on patenting their drugs or vaccines (which all do) then they need to provide a complete list of ingredients.

With regard to patents in general, one can list components *or* take advantage of trade secret protection, but not both.

Part of the FDA evaluation process requires they list all ingredients, including ingredients that may no longer even be present in the drug, but used in the manufacturing process.

I'm not doubting your allergenic reaction and severity, but it has nothing to do with closely guarded secret ingredients.