I'm back to Diagnostic Study- Home Study Tonight

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ems

Re: I'm back to Diagnostic Study- Home Study Tonight

Post by ems » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:20 am

Gasper62 wrote: Which of your identities will you use ?

Also Posted As:
(dream4sleep)
(ems)
(happydaz)
This was explained a few months ago. Since you have the time, I'm sure you can find it. It has to do basically with the fact that I bought a new computer and couldn't log on, and a glitch here on the forum. Knock yourself out! You obviously have lots of time on your hands.[/quote]

And you.....obviously like to say different things and pretend to be a newbie while sayin' them. Try to be just you and own it. Also don't play arbiter for other's statements about their views, please. Ya posted this gem May 1st 2015 (after reading here for several weeks) remember ? What a charade and a farce !

"I've been reading this forum for several weeks now and despite the bully like tactics I seem to read in every other thread, it's apparent how much people here know about sleep apnea, their machines, etc. What is also apparent are the people who seem to spend their days and nights on this forum just waiting to jump on someone. There are also some who say things in jest; but if you read between the lines you'll notice the sarcastic, bully like messages they are sending.

I've never been on a board or forum and that may be why I'm utterly amazed at what people can say on a forum that I assume is to help people. I don't see moderation of any sort and that surprises me. Why aren't bully like tactics jumped on immediately? I've looked at some other apnea sites (and other help boards) and haven't found one where bullying or snide remarks were allowed.

It seems that some people are constantly logged on here. I've watched for about a week and they are always the same people. Their friends are here, their lives are here; it seems they stick together out of some kind of fear. Reminds me of a fraternity - where people unconsciously band together and bully and incite riots. If you join the "group" on this site you are IN, if not, you'll be ridiculed and insulted.

If I had sleep apnea related questions, it sure wouldn't be here. Nor would I purchase anything from the owners of this site."[/quote]

LOL!! I knew you had lots of time on your hands... and yes, I typed every word... with the expertise of four other forum members. We spent a couple of days PMing up and back so that everyone could add whatever they wanted to. No one wanted their names attached to it and I respected that. So, I happily volunteered and would do it again in a minute. Unfortunately, it didn't do much good... the same miserable human beings are here nite and day to bully anyone who will allow them to.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:23 am

Get some help for yourself (all four of you) , then worry about providing it to others.

49er

Post by 49er » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:00 am

postitnote,

Wow,you are one awesome human being. Thank you so much for what you are doing for Enchanter in giving him a machine and volunteering to navigate the medical maze for him.

49er

ems

Post by ems » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:08 am

49er wrote:postitnote,

Wow,you are one awesome human being. Thank you so much for what you are doing for Enchanter in giving him a machine and volunteering to navigate the medical maze for him.

49er
And yet another +1
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:16 am

Thank you Post-it. A lot of wonderful people are on this forum including you. You really care.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier
- Allergy Shots + nose Spray + Hepa Air Purifier
- Cardiovascular Exercise + Stretching

mgaggie

Post by mgaggie » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:38 am

You REALLY REALLY NEED to get an advocate Enchanter.

That is all I'll say....otherwise I might get nasty

Post-it-note you have made a very generous offer, kudos to you

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:05 am

postitnote wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:Sigh, I have to get to bed. Got to get up by a quarter after five. G'night.
Do you have to milk cows coz that's the only reason to be up that early
No, my turn to watch the kid.

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:46 am

Exactly, Enchanter told us a long time ago that he is in his 30's.
We know he is an adult, has health insurance, and a father.

Enchanter also said he is not willing to post his test results on this forum.
Is he going to be willing to post the Encore results for you????
Have you asked him???
If not, how are you going to help him monitor his data and adjust pressures????
So far Enchanter has shown he is not willing to look up information on his own, preferring to ask questions on this forum and demand answers without providing any objective data.

Enchanter appears to have a good insurance plan given they have covered at least 3 sleep studies and he has never complained or asked questions about his insurance plan. Possibly his insurance will cover a Resmed Airsense 10?
If Enchanter has apnea, and I have seen nothing that indicates he does or does not have apnea, he will need a lot of help monitoring his data and Airview would allow him feedback on his data without posting results on this forum. But then maybe he is not willing to sign up for Airview???

If Enchanter truly has special needs????, he likely already has a support system???? I do not remember Enchanter saying he does not have a support system already.

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:49 am

Enchanter sent me his address so I am sending him everything I have. I still would like to get a card reader and encore card for him but he may have to buy those on his own. As for being concerned...about what? I have children in their 30's. He has great insurance? Awesome mine is horrible re DME. But let's allow him to figure out if a machine is what he needs. Let's let him try one out.

It doesn't matter to me if he is a millionaire. He needs a machine and I have 2. I only need 1. This is how life is supposed to work. We help people and don't ask questions. We do it because we feel the instinct to make someone's life easier.

Heads up people! You geniuses on here are going to have to help Enchanter set his pressure. I know my settings are perfect because my data reflects that but I have no clue where to begin. I'm counting on you guys
Morbius, are you bored?

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:26 am

Wow- what a great morning. I woke up and wanted to check on Enchanter. I was trying to figure out how to help him get his test results.
After reading these new posts, I am very relieved.
Postit- if there is anything we can help Enchanter with, please let me know. As you seem to have had some great success while I was sleeping.

You never know when a person is having the worst day of their life. If you can't help, please get out of the way.

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:43 am

Cardsfan wrote:Wow- what a great morning. I woke up and wanted to check on Enchanter. I was trying to figure out how to help him get his test results.
After reading these new posts, I am very relieved.
Postit- if there is anything we can help Enchanter with, please let me know. As you seem to have had some great success while I was sleeping.

You never know when a person is having the worst day of their life. If you can't help, please get out of the way.
Maybe the help Enchanter needs is learning how to problem solve for himself -- baby steps:

Enchanter could choose to sign a waiver and ask the doctor to speak with Postitnote or another advocate of his choice.
Enchanter could make an appointment and speak with the doctor himself.
Enchanter could write his doctor and request the results of all of his sleep studies. Enchanter could post the sleep study results on this forum and ask for help interpreting the data.

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:08 am

All of those things have been suggested to Enchanter. If they happened, we were not made aware of it on here.
And it is not my business what anyone is able or not able to do. All we do know for sure is Enchanter repeatedly asked for help.

Thanks to Post it, we are moving forward instead of spinning our wheels.
If you can't help, please get out of the way.

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:15 am

Re: If you can't help, please get out of the way.

Basically it sounds like you are saying if you do not agree with my definition of "help", get out of the way.

Are you the authority?

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:19 pm

Morbius, are you bored?

ems

Post by ems » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:33 pm

Sonnyboy wrote:Re: If you can't help, please get out of the way.

Basically it sounds like you are saying if you do not agree with my definition of "help", get out of the way.

Are you the authority?
Cards isn't an "authority" and neither are you. She is just one of us who actually gives a damn. There are many of us who fall into that category. You don't know Enchanter and we have come to know him as well as you can know anyone on the internet. And, he is in his twenties, not thirties. Those of us who give a damn have taken the time to find out what he is all about, each in our own way. Until you (and the rest) have walked a mile in his shoes, step back. We ARE going to help him and will continue to support him as long as he needs it. Two members just let me know that they are willing to get Enchanter set up once he receives the equipment Postitnote is sending.