Greetings from Oz, PC crashed & data lost UPDATED with Pics

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
emeraude

Greetings from Oz, PC crashed & data lost UPDATED with Pics

Post by emeraude » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:44 am

Hello all,

It's been a very long time since I last posted here. Hope you all are doing well during these difficult times... a very special hi to Pugsy. Hope you and your family are well. Apologies for the long silence on my part.

To cut a long story short, my (very old) Windows 7 PC crashed and I lost everything on there. My backup didn't work so couldn't do anything with it. I have a new PC with Windows 10 but I have not installed any software to check my data.

I was searching for Sleepyhead but it seems that it has not been updated for a while and then found OSCAR in one of the treads. Has OSCAR replaced Sleepyhead?

Also, I have not been sleeping well of late (6 months or so), and have been waking up around 3-4 am every morning with pressure blowing through my nasal pillows. Is this a comment occurrence or do I need to change my pressure?
It's currently set at 9-12. :?

Thank you in advance and stay safe. :)

PS I have not had a sleep study for nearly 7 years.
Last edited by emeraude on Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pugsy

Re: Greetings from Oz, PC crashed & data lost

Post by Pugsy » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:22 am

Hi Alby, Good to see you are still alive and kicking. All of my family are doing well except my mom. We've battled breast cancer and beat it but now battling some of the stuff that just comes with being 88 years old and stubborn and won't follow doctors orders. She's failing...kidney failure and some mental failure as well. It's tough...you know how that goes.

OSCAR is based off SleepyHead. Big blow up a while back with Mark who wrote SleepyHead and to make a long ugly story short a group of people took the open source code from SleepyHead and started working on it and it ended up being named OSCAR. You will find it looks a lot like SleepyHead but runs faster and some bug fixes that were never made in SH are now fix.

OSCAR https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph ... stallation
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph ... rpretation

You know the routine...need to see the detailed data so we can see exactly what the pressure is doing when it wakes you up and maybe why it is doing it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

emeraude

Post by emeraude » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:23 am

Hey Pugsy,

Yes, still alive and kicking down here... :lol:

I'm very sorry to hear about your mom, yes, I remember that she had cancer. I hope she's enjoying her days as best as she can. It's the same with my mom as well, sadly failing health is something that comes age, she's recovering after several strokes but Parkinson's has gotten worse in the last few years. She keeps me busy every day and I do enjoy taking care of her. :)

Okay, I did not know that with Mark. Will download OSCAR and start again. I'm still trying to install all the software that I had but my memory is not as good as it was. Thank you very much for the links, they will save me a lot of time. Once I have my head around OSCAR, will post the details.

Will speak soon, one I have everything set up. Thanks again for all your help and support, Pugsy.

Pugsy wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:22 am
Hi Alby, Good to see you are still alive and kicking. All of my family are doing well except my mom. We've battled breast cancer and beat it but now battling some of the stuff that just comes with being 88 years old and stubborn and won't follow doctors orders. She's failing...kidney failure and some mental failure as well. It's tough...you know how that goes.

OSCAR is based off SleepyHead. Big blow up a while back with Mark who wrote SleepyHead and to make a long ugly story short a group of people took the open source code from SleepyHead and started working on it and it ended up being named OSCAR. You will find it looks a lot like SleepyHead but runs faster and some bug fixes that were never made in SH are now fix.

OSCAR https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph ... stallation
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph ... rpretation

You know the routine...need to see the detailed data so we can see exactly what the pressure is doing when it wakes you up and maybe why it is doing it.

emeraude

Post by emeraude » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:34 pm

Hi all,

After a few days of installing programs back onto my new PC, I finally got OSCAR installed and imported the data from my SD card.

Here are screenshots of the last 2 days, October 1st and 2nd. I hope to find some solutions to waking up around 2-3 am.

Thanks again for looking at the data and for your response. Stay safe all. :)
Attachments
2020-10-03 (3).png
2020-10-03 (3).png (185.68 KiB) Viewed 1357 times
2020-10-03 (2).png
2020-10-03 (2).png (199.97 KiB) Viewed 1357 times
2020-10-03 (1).png
2020-10-03 (1).png (201.91 KiB) Viewed 1357 times
Last edited by emeraude on Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emeraude

Post by emeraude » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:36 pm

Here are more screenshots.
Attachments
2020-10-03 (6).png
2020-10-03 (6).png (207.99 KiB) Viewed 1357 times
2020-10-03 (5).png
2020-10-03 (5).png (203.56 KiB) Viewed 1357 times
2020-10-03 (4).png
2020-10-03 (4).png (191.04 KiB) Viewed 1357 times

emeraude

Post by emeraude » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:37 pm

A few more.
Attachments
2020-10-03.png
2020-10-03.png (189.15 KiB) Viewed 1357 times
2020-10-03 (7).png
2020-10-03 (7).png (223.3 KiB) Viewed 1357 times

Julie

Re: Greetings from Oz, PC crashed & data lost UPDATED with Pics

Post by Julie » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:00 pm

Curious why you said your min. pressure was at 9, but all graphs read 4 (under Machine settings on the left). It's hard to breathe at for most and they usually do increase it to 6 or 7), so what's up with 9?

Things look pretty good though, but how are you sleeping?

emeraude

Post by emeraude » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:15 pm

Hi Julie,

Apologies...I had that number set on my S9 and I must have forgotten to set it on the Airsense 10 when I changed over.

I'm sleeping reasonably well at the beginning, until 2-3ish when I feel the pressure and suddenly wake up. I'm hoping it's the settings and not something else.

Thank you!
Julie wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:00 pm
Curious why you said your min. pressure was at 9, but all graphs read 4 (under Machine settings on the left). It's hard to breathe at for most and they usually do increase it to 6 or 7), so what's up with 9?

Things look pretty good though, but how are you sleeping?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:55 pm

You are making extra work for yourself...don't need all those graphs...just the one that has Events, flow rate, pressure, leaks and flow limitations. One image per night is all that is needed unless we need something special.

On both nights the pressures obviously vary widely but actually on the way down when you end up turning the machine off.

Might be REM stage sleep normal wake up or might be from the wide variations in pressure or whatever it was that caused the wide variations in pressure. Put your minimum up to 7 or 8 instead of the 4 and see if it helps your sleep to have the pressure line more stable and not so widely varying.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

emeraude

Post by emeraude » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:02 pm

Hi Pugsy,

Sorry, I had forgotten which ones were needed... :)

Yes, once I was awake I had to turn the machine off before I could use it again due to the high pressure to fall back to sleep.

Will change the minimum setting to 7 and see how it goes for the next few nights. I noticed you are using the Bleep DreamPort mask now. I haven't been able to find them here...just wondering how they compare to the Swift FX.

Thanks again and have a lovely weekend!

Pugsy wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:55 pm
You are making extra work for yourself...don't need all those graphs...just the one that has Events, flow rate, pressure, leaks and flow limitations. One image per night is all that is needed unless we need something special.

On both nights the pressures obviously vary widely but actually on the way down when you end up turning the machine off.

Might be REM stage sleep normal wake up or might be from the wide variations in pressure or whatever it was that caused the wide variations in pressure. Put your minimum up to 7 or 8 instead of the 4 and see if it helps your sleep to have the pressure line more stable and not so widely varying.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:20 pm

I have been using the Bleep almost 2 years now. I was able to get it early and be part of the trial process. It's not available outside the US unless you buy it from a US supplier and have it be sent to you from the US. It will be expensive because the little things I glue to my nose are single use only. You need a new pair every night.

No headgear....the biggest draw for me. I have long said I wished I could figure out some way to tape the nasal pillows to my nose and ditch the headgear...and the Bleep does that. It's not exactly a nasal pillow either...nothing goes up in the nose at all. It doesn't feel the same. No silicone touching the skin.
Any headgear I have ever used has left dents in my cheeks even when I used strap padding. Less dents with the strap covers but still dents....plus headgear slides around and the nasal pillows move around.

emeraude

Post by emeraude » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:00 am

Great to hear you finally have a mask that works for you.
With the current exchange rate, the costs are prohibitive for me to import these.
Will just have to continue using my FX until something better arrives on these shores.

Pugsy wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:20 pm
I have been using the Bleep almost 2 years now. I was able to get it early and be part of the trial process. It's not available outside the US unless you buy it from a US supplier and have it be sent to you from the US. It will be expensive because the little things I glue to my nose are single use only. You need a new pair every night.

No headgear....the biggest draw for me. I have long said I wished I could figure out some way to tape the nasal pillows to my nose and ditch the headgear...and the Bleep does that. It's not exactly a nasal pillow either...nothing goes up in the nose at all. It doesn't feel the same. No silicone touching the skin.
Any headgear I have ever used has left dents in my cheeks even when I used strap padding. Less dents with the strap covers but still dents....plus headgear slides around and the nasal pillows move around.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:20 am

You might look at the ResMed AirFit P10 nasal pillow mask. Newer than the Swift FX. I changed from the Swift FX to the P10 when it came out and it's still my number 2 mask after the Bleep. It still gets used sometimes....like if I have a drippy nose I will use it because the Bleep won't stay stuck on my nose when there is any moisture anywhere.

The P10 nasal pillow is shaped like the Swift FX but the vents are diffused so no more cold blasts of air on to you if it bounces off something or onto a bed partner's back or face and it's silent as well.

F & P has a couple of newer masks you might not have seen yet...the Brevida and the Evora.
The Brevida I have tried and it's a nice mask. The Evora is brand new and I haven't even seen it yet.

ResMed has come out with some masks that the hose attaches on the top of the head instead of at the nose.
One that has an interchangeable option for either an under the nose cushion/cradle or nasal pillows and all you have to buy to change is just the nose interface.
It's called the AirFit P30i for the nasal pillow and N30i for the under the nose interface.
I didn't care for it because I found the Darth Vadar noise really annoying but others say they don't hear anything and really like it.

So there are some new masks out there....When the P10 was released a few years ago I was pleased because again...less stuff on my face.
The diffused venting was a real joy though. While the Swift FX venting wasn't horribly loud or annoying...it was there.
It was really nice to have a silent mask, not blow cold air on hubby or back in my face if my arm or something got in front of the vent holes. I can barely feel the vented air with my hand 1 inch from the vent holes.