Arizona sleep dr

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Bugawk

Arizona sleep dr

Post by Bugawk » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:35 am

Hi, please help me find a good sleep doctor in Arizona. I'm on oxygen but my titration and tests are out of date.

ChicagoGranny

Re: Arizona sleep dr

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:31 pm

If you don't get a recommendation of a doctor, find one that is associated with an accredited sleep lab - http://sleepeducation.org/find-a-facility
"It's not the number of breaths we take, it's the number of moments that take our breath away."

JTPerrrine

Post by JTPerrrine » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:15 pm

If you are near the Phoenix area, you might try Dr. Leonard Moss and is the Medical Director at Neuro Diagnostic Sleep Centers. 602-424-4450. http://www.neurodiagnosticlabs.com. He is board certified in Sleep Medicine and took a genuine interest in me. He oversaw my Sleep study and was willing to prescribe a specific machine for the DME ( a big deal). Hope this helps. I had my sleep study done Jan '15 and have been on the program since then.
Jack

Bugawk

Post by Bugawk » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:13 am

Thank you for your response! I tried following the link, looking for the compassionate dr you mentioned. Do you remember his name? Also, I tried over the years to use a CPAP machine, and it blew me up like a balloon, and the pain of all that air would wake me up partway through the night. I tried to talk to my sleep dr about it, but nothing ever came of it, so I'm using a mouth splint and oxygen. I don't think the O2 is where it should be, because I don't feel well when I wake up. I don't feel like I have anyone to help me get the machine and O2 working properly, would love to find a dr that would help. I'm very thin and the machines just don't seem to go low enough in pressure or something?

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:39 am

Bugawk wrote:Thank you for your response! I tried following the link, looking for the compassionate dr you mentioned. Do you remember his name? Also, I tried over the years to use a CPAP machine, and it blew me up like a balloon, and the pain of all that air would wake me up partway through the night. I tried to talk to my sleep dr about it, but nothing ever came of it, so I'm using a mouth splint and oxygen. I don't think the O2 is where it should be, because I don't feel well when I wake up. I don't feel like I have anyone to help me get the machine and O2 working properly, would love to find a dr that would help. I'm very thin and the machines just don't seem to go low enough in pressure or something?
PREVIOUS POST.......
"If you are near the Phoenix area, you might try Dr. Leonard Moss and is the Medical Director at Neuro Diagnostic Sleep Centers. 602-424-4450. http://www.neurodiagnosticlabs.com . He is board certified in Sleep Medicine and took a genuine interest in me. He oversaw my Sleep study and was willing to prescribe a specific machine for the DME ( a big deal). Hope this helps. I had my sleep study done Jan '15 and have been on the program since then."
Last edited by LSAT on Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:40 am

You blew up like a balloon due to aerophagia, and if you do a forum search here will find lots of info and potential fixes. As well, you should download (free) SleepyHead software - see first posting on main pg (Pointers, Tutorial, etc). Without knowing what's really going on when you use the machine you can't fix what's wrong (even if you lessen the aerophagia). Do you still have the machine? What specific one is it (please don't just say Remstar ), full name and model # should be on the bottom, possibly after 'Ref" ... 60. And what masks do you have? There are people here who can definitely help!

Btw, did I miss where the other poster said the doc's name was Leonard Moss (first line) or were you asking about someone else?