New to Board - Positive Experience

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
vandamn

New to Board - Positive Experience

Post by vandamn » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:51 pm

have just signed up to this board and read through many threads.

Diagnosed 2 years ago with Sleep Apnea after doing sleep study in St Vincents hospital. Began with a resmed trial device that was large and heavy to carry. I then purchased a Fisher Paykel 'Icon' from the US for $499. Tried various masks. Wasn't a fan, and stopped using that device.

I had purchased from CPAPSHOP previously but found CPAP.COM this time had great specials. I purchased ' PR System One REMStar 60' for around USD$300 though wouldn't ship to Australia. This device in AUS costs $1250. I used 'ReShip' in Oregon to have the device shipped there, and on-shipped to Australia.

This machine is the best device I have ever used and I'm already hitting 5-6hrs sleep a night. Waking up at 530-600am every day feeling rested.

Just wanted to share my positive experience with this Philips Machine, that seemed too cheap, but ultimately its turned into a great device for my needs.

Tips for Aussies
- Use a US Postal Mailbox to have device from either (CPAPSHOP.COM or CPAP.COM)
- OnShip device to Australia it cost about USD$100

Only issue is warranty is valid in US not AUS.

yaconsult

Re: New to Board - Positive Experience

Post by yaconsult » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:35 pm

Yes, when the cpap companies release a new model it's great to be able to pick up new units of the previous model at heavily discounted prices. It's really the only way for the dealers to get rid of them as everyone is looking for the latest and greatest. And the changes from one year's model to another are relatively minor. So, congratulations on getting a great deal from our sponsor!

reolhlains

Re: New to Board - Positive Experience

Post by reolhlains » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:53 am

Welcome Vandamn!
Great to hear things are working out second time around!
I'm in Aus too - and pretty much a newbie (I'm about 10 weeks in). I did a CPAP trial from Perth and, from the recommendations on the forum, had a machine sent from the US. All going well with it, I do have one minor issue which I'll put out to the board if I can't find a fix when I get a minute after Christmas, but - saved at least $1,500. It's shocking what they try and charge us poor Aussies!!!
Anyway - welcome, and keep checking back and let us know how things are going.
Cheers