New Machine .. aircurve vauto setup

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
MotorChris

New Machine .. aircurve vauto setup

Post by MotorChris » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:10 am

I have had a 450p for a number of years and the pressure seems to havie dropped.
So I found a aircurve vauto new...paid 500 for it..I had originally been diagnosed with sleep apnea through
A home study at a 61 ahi with o2 bottoming out at 79% I also have low to mid range copd.. the 450p was
getting me down to 8- 5 ahi but according to sleepyhead it seems like most of my apenas are occurring
going in rem ... Any insight or personal experience would certainly help, how to setup this machine
I had a choice of the vauto or a s10 Autoset for the same price.. I figure with my copd I should probably
be On a bilevel machine .... Also being that I purchase this machine on the gray market .. what about the cellular monitoring is there away I can set it or disable it?

Thanks and Best Regards

MotorChris

Pugsy

Re: New Machine .. aircurve vauto setup

Post by Pugsy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:27 am

I doubt that anyone is doing the cellular monitoring of machine but you can either turn it to airplane mode (and have to confirm you want to stay in airplane mode each time you use it because the nag screen can't be turned off) or there is a way to go in an permanently disable it...you have to open the machine though.
If you feel up to tackling it there's a thread here showing how. I don't have it handy right now.

Do you have the clinical/provider manual for your machine? If not go request it here.
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p ... tup-manual
Instructions for requesting about 2/3 down the page.
make sure you follow the directions and request the right one...you will probably get a combination manual but that's okay...it's easy to figure out.

I have no idea what pressure settings to start with without seeing a typical report from your 450.
Can you post an image of a typical detailed night?
If you don't know how..this explains how
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

and this explains organization and there are 3 pages so be sure to read all 3 pages
https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize

We don't need all the graphs that SH provides...just the basics...on the left the AHI and statistics and on the right these..Events, flow rate, pressure and leak. You can get it all on one image if you hide the calendar and turn off the pie chart and do just a little fiddling/moving the graphs on the right. They will resize.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:09 pm

If you never set up a MyAir account and link the serial number of that machine to it, they will never know who is using it. It will still show the last person to have an account linked to the machine is using it.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

klv329

Post by klv329 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:08 pm

Okie bipap wrote:If you never set up a MyAir account and link the serial number of that machine to it, they will never know who is using it. It will still show the last person to have an account linked to the machine is using it.
Just curious..."they" as in Resmed down under or someone's physician or maybe both? Does a Myair account have to be set for a physician to observe treatment?

I would imagine that by now there are quite few ghosts out there with sleep apnea and other developing breathing ailments...that physicians ignore.

And can a purchaser of a used machine get their current physician connected to a MyAir account, or some other accout for review?

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:55 pm

As the DME explained the process when I got my machine, I had to create a new MyAir account and enter the serial number of my machine. The DME would check usage by checking MyAir based on the machine serial number, not patient name. Unless you purchased your machine through a DME, there is really no benefit to setting up a MyAir account. The DME uses the information to verify usage for insurance purposes, and may recommend changes if treatment is not progressing as it should. It took my DME a full month to notice my machine was not reporting data to MyAir (I had a bad transmitter in my machine). They were trying to verify usage so they could bill Medicare. Now that my machine is paid for, my DME never checks my data, and my doctor pulls data directly from my SD card when I go in for my six month checks as required by Medicare.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

klv329

Post by klv329 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:19 am

I guess I would leave the cellular on for the possible software updates. Haven't read of anyone experiencing remote changes, although the cellular connection makes me wonder about stuff like that.

Maybe someone could eavesdrop on therapy if there is an existing myair account for that SN.

I wonder if re-registering the same SN in MyAir iunder a new name is allowed and if that would cut off someone else's access- maybe not if all they need is the SN.

EDIT 12/19: Yep, I can't register a new machine with MyAir if someone else is using that SN, but like Pugsy says.....who is keeping track of it anyway? So I guess I would have to ask the prior user to delete that SN from their MyAir account so I can use it. But like people say, MyAir is.....well not all that useful.

Last edited by klv329 on Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:50 am

I doubt that anyone is monitoring the serial number by now.

I don't know about the MyAir site but the similar product with the Respironics DreamMapper website/app required that the serial number be tied to an email addy and I think that setting up your own account would probably work but if no one knows about it they won't go looking for it. You would have to give someone permission to access any account you set up.
Even DMEs give the same machine to different people (returns, swaps, whatever) and I would think that there must be a way to reassign the machine to someone else...and I think using email and SN combo is likely what is done.
I doubt there is anything in the MyAir site that will pop up and say "whoa...that SN belongs to someone else".
I can't say for sure but I just doubt it would be a problem.

Software updates via the cell modem (if it was on and if they were to occur...which would be very rare but not impossible) would take place just from the SN...not necessarily the MyAir account or non account...I think.

MyAir isn't going to tell you anything you can't see on the LCD screen except give you a badge for something. I think the way they (and Respironics) "talk" to people is a bit sophomoric with the badges and stuff.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:54 pm

Who'd of thought ten years ago we'd be doing this stuff.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

klv329

Post by klv329 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:08 pm

oh well, it let me activate an account with a password, email address, and "consent to use private info" check box all followed by link to activate it in an email, but I'll deactivate it after a week or so. Seems useless and it didn't have the Resmed Swift LT as a nasal pillow option.