Airsense 10 Autoset

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
cpapjan

Airsense 10 Autoset

Post by cpapjan » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:50 pm

A week ago, I upgraded from the S9 Autoset to the Airsense 10 Autoset and have a question regarding the Sleep Report. In the very beginning as you scroll from top to bottom, you have the usage hours followed by the event per hours, mask seal face icon, humidifier face icon and then you can scroll down for a more detailed report. I've noticed that the usage hours on the very first line from the top don't reset like they used to on the S9 after 12 noon, yet it is properly reflecting the data from 12 noon to the following 12 noon. I've read that certain people were having issues with it resetting during the night and I am not having that problem at all. It is working perfectly in this respect. For everyone that has the Airsense 10 Autoset, can you please tell me if your machine is resetting that first line of usage hours after 12 noon?

Thank you so much!

OkyDoky

Re: Airsense 10 Autoset

Post by OkyDoky » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:41 pm

This description is in the manual for Usage Hours: Number of hours the device has been used during the last session.
I check my AHI in the morning and don't usually look at the report later in the day. I use the AirCurve 10 VPAP which is the bilevel version. I looked at mine and both the usage hours and AHI are still there. I think the key is the definition above.

If you don't have the clinical manual for your machine which has a lot more information than the users manual. Here is the link. https://sleep.tnet.com/home/files/resme ... -guide.pdf
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:51 pm

No it is not resetting after 12 noon. I have the date and time set correctly and its 4:30 pm and it still shows the usage hours and data for the previous night.

On another note be aware that in the more data section down below you can set the time frame for the data from one day, to a week, or a month, or three months, or six months, or a year. So be sure for the more info area you have the time frame set to what you want to view. Also we have noticed that if the power supply is ever interrupted as in a power failure, or the unit being unplugged from wall socket that time frame mentioned above will "default" back to one month of data -- that issue has tripped some people up and caused some confusion in the past.

Enjoy your new machine, it's a good one and I personally would not want to revert back to my S9 -- after a brief adjustment period I do like my Airsense 10 Autoset better than the S9 mostly due to some small differences in its physical design -- as far as treatment goes it is basically the same machine, although I have read that some of the latest machines that are the regular Autoset (not the for her) do now have a setup choice of an additional "gentle response" algorithm which is probably similar in nature to the "for her algorithm" on the for her models.

Link to Sleepyhead:
http://sleepfiles.com/SH2/

cpapjan

Post by cpapjan » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:24 pm

Thank you, OkyDoky and TangledHose, for responding to my question! So just so I understand correctly, you both have checked to see if the usage hours are still there after 12PM and we are talking about the "usage hours" appearing on the top line and not the "used hrs" down below in the detailed report?

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:26 pm

That's correct

Link to Sleepyhead:
http://sleepfiles.com/SH2/

cpapjan

Post by cpapjan » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:42 pm

TangledHose, do you use Sleepyhead software by any chance? If so, do you use your Climate Control on Auto? I've noticed that under Daily, and then Machine Settings, Climate Control says manual when it is clearly set to Auto on my machine. I was wondering if you found this as well?

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:43 pm

That's correct. I checked just before I posted.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:50 pm

cpapjan wrote:Machine Settings, Climate Control says manual when it is clearly set to Auto on my machine. I was wondering if you found this as well?
This is a known bug in SleepyHead. SH isn't getting the settings always spot on. Sometimes it says there's no humidifier attached an it obviously is attached. So just ignore this little bug.

I have an AirCurve 10. I don't normally look at the data on the screen but prefer the software reports...but I just now went to look to see what it showed for usage hours from last night and it is obviously well past noon and I know for sure the machine clock is correct because I set it just last week when I got this machine.
It's still showing my 8.22 hour sleep session from last night.
Apparently it doesn't seem to reset to 0.0 at 12 noon like my S9 does.
It appears to retain the last sleep session (whatever duration it might have been) and that's what it shows until you start a new sleep session.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

cpapjan

Post by cpapjan » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:52 pm

Thanks, Pugsy and OkyDoky!

emmagoldman44

Post by emmagoldman44 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:06 pm

I am not totally sure I understand your question, but assuming you are talking about what the resmed machine displays on its screen... mine does break it down at noon. So if I sleep past noon, for example if I've gone back to sleep from 10 am to 12:15, what the display will show is 15 mins of usage for today.
Hope this answers your question, if not please clarify and I will try again

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:19 pm

emmagoldman44 wrote:I am not totally sure I understand your question, but assuming you are talking about what the resmed machine displays on its screen... mine does break it down at noon. So if I sleep past noon, for example if I've gone back to sleep from 10 am to 12:15, what the display will show is 15 mins of usage for today.
Hope this answers your question, if not please clarify and I will try again
If you use your machine past noon, yes it will show the 15mins as your last session. The day runs from 12 noon to 12 noon. The key is that it shows the last session time on the report until you start another session.