which ff mask??

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
janell

which ff mask??

Post by janell » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:26 am

happy 4th to all!!!! i am changing from a nasal mask to ff.....which should i get?? i go to dme tuesday and would like education before i go..thanks

Valkyrie0

Re: which ff mask??

Post by Valkyrie0 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:54 am

Resmed Quattro is one to consider

chellesings

Post by chellesings » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:06 am

I use the ResMed UltraMirage Full Face. You may find success with it.

janell

Post by janell » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:20 am

thanks for the replies. I appreciate it!!

djr1215

Post by djr1215 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:58 am

I've used Phillips Respironics' FitLife (covers the whole face) and Innomed's Hybrid. The FitLife is okay, but I have to tighten the top straps very tight to stop the leaks there. The Hybrid is almost weightless and very nice once you find the correct combination of nasal pillows and oral cushions to fit you. It comes with 3 sizes of each so that you can really get an individual fit. The problem with the Hybrid is that your local DME may not have it and may tell you they can't get it. I had to order it myself from cpap.com.

mars

Post by mars » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:17 am

Hi Janell

My suggestion would be that you buy from CpapAuction, and get about 3 different masks. The cost will probably be about the same as one mask from a DME, but am not sure about that in the US.

I use, and have used, F & P 432, and F & P Forma. As well as the Mirage Quattro. The Forma has 2 sizes of cushions, which is a definite plus. I have yet to check out the Ultra Mirage, which I also have.

They all work. Currently I am using the Forma Large, which is very comfortable.

All the masks I have bought from CpapAuction have been new, and as I say, I get about 3 for the price of one, and that included airmail to Australia.

Unless you have some strange facial characteristics then for me to suggest a mask to you is a pointless exercise. Your face is not my face. The only reasonable way to work it is to try out as many as you can at the DME's, then buy the ones you want to try out from CpapAuction. The other way is to go for the most popular mask, and work your way down.

The likelyhood is that you are starting a journey, not just getting a mask and thinking this is it.

Good luck.

Mars
for an an easier, cheaper and travel-easy sleep apnea treatment :D

http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t7020 ... rapy-.html

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:26 am

When you buy from the DME, you may pay a bit more but, they give you a 30 day return if the mask doesn't fit right.
Buy one and if it doesn't work out...exchange it for another.

brazospearl

Post by brazospearl » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:11 pm

Love my Hybrid, and the fact that it has 2 "sizable" parts with 3 each give lots of choices for getting a great fit. That said, the only way to find out which works best is to try 'em all. Local dme v. cpap,com for this depends on your dme because if they don't have a good selection or are annoying in any way it might be easier to just order from our hosts. Get the return insurance or sell the ones that don't work out at cpapauction.

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:07 pm

My husband uses the Ultra Mirage FF with good success.

Mars, I like your new avatar! I'd be interested in your experience with the UMFF when you do try it.

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

terrydk

Post by terrydk » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:26 pm

F&P Forma works for me. I also have a Quattro, ComfortGel & Fulllife but have hardly used them. I keep going back to the Forma as it works best for me. My DME hands them out like candy at a parade. I also have a couple of others but don't remember what they are.

mars

Post by mars » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:38 pm

DoriC wrote:My husband uses the Ultra Mirage FF with good success.

Mars, I like your new avatar! I'd be interested in your experience with the UMFF when you do try it.

Thanks, Dori.

I think I upgraded from the 19th Century to the 21st Century.

I wonder what happened to the 20th Century. Oh yeh, that was when I was trying to sleep.

Will let you know when I get to the UMFF, but as I have a full beard, I doubt that my experience there will be of much use.

cheers

Mars
for an an easier, cheaper and travel-easy sleep apnea treatment :D

http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t7020 ... rapy-.html

greyjuice

Post by greyjuice » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:23 pm

I tried many of them, and found the Ultra Mirage Full Face Mask works best for me. I'm a man, with beard, and there are so many variables involved in mask fitting, that you'll really need to use trial and error. Good luck!