has anyone tries the new smaller sleepweaver mask?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jootee

has anyone tries the new smaller sleepweaver mask?

Post by jootee » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:44 pm

Sleepweaver now has a small size nasal mask. Has anyone tried it yet?

jootee

Re: has anyone tries the new smaller sleepweaver mask?

Post by jootee » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:11 pm

OK.

SleepyEyes21

Post by SleepyEyes21 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:29 pm

jootee wrote:Sleepweaver now has a small size nasal mask. Has anyone tried it yet?
Hi jootee - I am new to CPAP and waiting for my machine. I have looked at the Dreamweaver mask on cpap.com, and it looks and sounds from the video (theoretically, at least) like it could be an innovation in mask design. However, the reviews I read on cpap.com and other sites have not been that great. I would love to hear from others also, who may have tried this mask. I know it helps me to make decisions on these types of things sometimes, based on the reviews from others.

49er

Post by 49er » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:40 am

jootee wrote:Sleepweaver now has a small size nasal mask. Has anyone tried it yet?
Hi jootee,

When I am considering whether to try a new mask or not, for some reason, watching a video of the mask sometimes helps me make up my mind whether it might be worth a shot or not. Why are you considering this particular Sleepweaver mask?

49er

jootee

Post by jootee » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:09 am

Well the reason I asked is I purchased the sleepweaver mask already and it is too big. They recently released a new "small" version and I wanted to see if anyone has tried this small one and how small this actually is.

49er

Post by 49er » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:42 am

jootee wrote:Well the reason I asked is I purchased the sleepweaver mask already and it is too big. They recently released a new "small" version and I wanted to see if anyone has tried this small one and how small this actually is.
Makes sense. See if watching a video gives you any sense of whether it would be right for you or not. Do a search on youtube. If not, the only way you are going to find out is to try it.

I know from experience that trying out masks can be very frustrating but sometimes, that is the only way to get any information.

49er

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:12 am

The entire line has free 30 day return insurance; but that has been a bit too short for Canadians,
considering the greater shipping times.
I guess you could contact SleepweaverMarketing (a forum member) and ask if that is "carved in stone".
I too, tried the SleepWeaver Advance (regular size), which struck me as being a bit large for my small face,
but might be more stable than the Élan, which I used for several months (pre-Wisp).
I still may try the small Advance, but no idea when.

jootee

Post by jootee » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:51 am

The company I ordered it from is very good and is going to exchange it for the small. when you also found the regular size too big did the width seem good but the length too long? When adjusting if i pull it up it goes on my eyes and if adjusting down it goes on my mouth.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:40 am

Yes. My nose is too short for the regular size, and my eyes are too sensitive to airflow.

Islandwoman

Post by Islandwoman » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:12 am

I use the regular size Advance and love it but will try the small next as I think it will fit even better. Go to the Sleepweaver site to the size mall and scroll down to the fitting guide I measured my nose as instructed and it seems the small is the correct size for me. My comfort/fit level with the regular is 99% just a little too long for my nose. my leak rate is low. Sleepyhead shows over the last 6 months show average at 1.41and 90% at 4. I have no complaint there. I expect with the small it will be even lower. 100% recommendation from me. My only complaint is that I cant get it in leopard!

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:27 am

I would hope that replacement cushions may eventually be available in other colors.

SleepyEyes21

Post by SleepyEyes21 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:26 pm

jootee wrote:The company I ordered it from is very good and is going to exchange it for the small. when you also found the regular size too big did the width seem good but the length too long? When adjusting if i pull it up it goes on my eyes and if adjusting down it goes on my mouth.
Hi Jootee - here's an idea.. perhaps a local DME in your area might allow you to come in and try masks before you decide to purchase? Of course, trying them on sitting up can be different from using them lying down, but it might be a way to give you some kind of idea if the mask might work for you

I went to a local DME last week (not the one approved by my insurance), and they were very helpful in allowing me to try a new F10.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:07 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:I would hope that replacement cushions may eventually be available in other colors.
at least it's not a frogprint *lol*

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.