xxyzx and Morbius Spam Buttons Removed

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
MaxINTJ

Re: xxyzx and Morbius Spam Buttons Removed

Post by MaxINTJ » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:00 am

I'm hoping something happens to keep this forum populated with the good folks.

Like I have said many time already, I do get it, and the longer someone has been here the more disappointing this turn of events has become.

That said, some of us have no other bar to go to.
Phillips 960 AutoSV Paving Brick, Phillips Dreamwear Mask - Nothing is working.
Diagnosis of crappy sleep, desats under 80, maybe UARS

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:08 am

Arlene1963 wrote:A bit off topic here, but I posted a reply to a thread about 15 minutes ago, and it has disappeared.

There seem to be an awful lot of glitches on the forum at the moment, posts not appearing in order, posts disappearing and reappearing, and multiple identical posts.

Odd thing is if I go to "View my posts" the post is there, but when I click on it, not.

I wonder what is happening?
If someone submits a post before you finish typing and submitting yours ... yours may not show up. You can try and repost.

Of course if there is somebody deleting posts in order to create conflict on the forum, that is another issue entirely.

Either way, you can repost. If it is a long post, make a copy of it before submitting and you can easily repost by pasting it in and submitting until it goes trough.

Oh, and don't mind all the silly people making silly conflict just because that is the thing to do these weird days ... seems to be an American past time since last November.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:38 am

I have been a member of this forum since 2004. As long as I have been here, this nonsense has been going on! Different people have joined, and left, who take pleasure, it seems, in demeaning people. I wouldn't want to even guess at how many, over those years, have said - I don't need this- and have left! How is this helping people with sleep apnea???? I used to try and help because I believed my experience could offer help to newbies. I know I helped some. I rarely post any more, because I can expect, and almost always get, ridiculed, harassed and told I know nothing. I could name names, but I won't!
I look at the forum every day ( usually once a day for a short time) and, every day, this goes on!! Something drastic needs to be done!

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

sleepychar

Post by sleepychar » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:45 am

I am also watching to see if this board will be moderated and thus more civil. It makes me sad because it was so helpful to me to be able to come here for advice and support last year when I was getting started with CPAP. I'm not sure I would have made it without this group. But I look at the forum less and less now and just very briefly. When I see this bad stuff still going on, I just close the session. It's sad to see the board ruined this way. If I were just starting out now, this would not be a place I would come to for help and guidance. I vote for the board to be moderated.
Previously AirFit P10 for Her mask

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:59 am

Hawthorne wrote:I have been a member of this forum since 2004. As long as I have been here, this nonsense has been going on! Different people have joined, and left, who take pleasure, it seems, in demeaning people. I wouldn't want to even guess at how many, over those years, have said - I don't need this- and have left! How is this helping people with sleep apnea???? I used to try and help because I believed my experience could offer help to newbies. I know I helped some. I rarely post any more, because I can expect, and almost always get, ridiculed, harassed and told I know nothing. I could name names, but I won't!
I look at the forum every day ( usually once a day for a short time) and, every day, this goes on!! Something drastic needs to be done!
The most drastic thing anyone can do is stop complaining.

Post your opinions, thoughts, questions, or whatever ... and if others don't like it or ridicule it or whatever ... it's their loss, joy, entertainment, opportunity, or whatever.

All this "safe space" entitlement nonsense is the only thing that needs to stop! The rest is just life where nothing and nobody is perfect in this world. People need to learn to deal with the fact that offending others and taking offense is perfectly normal human behavior.

BTW - Although I quoted Hawthorne and agree with everything she said EXCEPT her last statement, my post is directed at all those who keep complaining about the current (and typical) state of the forum.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

greatunclebill

Post by greatunclebill » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:33 am

Pugsy wrote:
MaxINTJ wrote:I wish everyone had the same thick skin, because it would be a shame for the few to win and for the good to flee.
Wishing doesn't make it happen as evidenced by your wishing xpap would fix all your problems but it doesn't.

Good people shouldn't have to hold their nose while wading through garbage posts everywhere to avoid the stink.
Good people shouldn't have to turn the other cheek when called some pretty ugly names for the sake of free speech.

I have been here since 2009 and have seen skirmishes come and go. This stuff now is beyond a skirmish..it's an atomic bomb going off.
It used to be a fun place to come and we would have our own little pissing contests over cpap therapy beliefs but now it's nothing but a name calling cesspool of fighting over crap that isn't even cpap related but instead ego related.

Good people shouldn't have to have a thick skin and hold their nose and wade through shit to help people.
Pugsy has always come along with the best answer. My feelings exactly. God bless you Pugsy

please don't ask me to try nasal. i'm a full face person.
the avatar is Rocco, my Lhasa Apso. Number one "Bama fan. 18 championships and counting.
Life member VFW Post 4328 Alabama
MSgt USAF (E-7) medic Retired 1968-1990

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:34 am

DreamStalker wrote:
Hawthorne wrote:I have been a member of this forum since 2004. As long as I have been here, this nonsense has been going on! Different people have joined, and left, who take pleasure, it seems, in demeaning people. I wouldn't want to even guess at how many, over those years, have said - I don't need this- and have left! How is this helping people with sleep apnea???? I used to try and help because I believed my experience could offer help to newbies. I know I helped some. I rarely post any more, because I can expect, and almost always get, ridiculed, harassed and told I know nothing. I could name names, but I won't!
The most drastic thing anyone can do is stop complaining.

Post your opinions, thoughts, questions, or whatever ... and if others don't like it or ridicule it or whatever ... it's their loss, joy, entertainment, opportunity, or whatever.

All this "safe space" entitlement nonsense is the only thing that needs to stop! The rest is just life where nothing and nobody is perfect in this world. People need to learn to deal with the fact that offending others and taking offense is perfectly normal human behavior.

BTW - Although I quoted Hawthorne and agree with everything she said EXCEPT her last statement, my post is directed at all those who keep complaining about the current (and typical) state of the forum.
DITTO! Everyone wants to change the world, but they want to dictate how everyone else in that world will be. Why don't everyone just take care of their own little piece, and if they don't like the rest of it, retire to their MOM's Basement, unplug and turn off. The World will go on without your input.

Or you could go to PCvillage, their townhall is the most PC in La, La ,land! Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

greatunclebill

Post by greatunclebill » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:35 am

Pugsy wrote:
MaxINTJ wrote:I wish everyone had the same thick skin, because it would be a shame for the few to win and for the good to flee.
Wishing doesn't make it happen as evidenced by your wishing xpap would fix all your problems but it doesn't.

Good people shouldn't have to hold their nose while wading through garbage posts everywhere to avoid the stink.
Good people shouldn't have to turn the other cheek when called some pretty ugly names for the sake of free speech.

I have been here since 2009 and have seen skirmishes come and go. This stuff now is beyond a skirmish..it's an atomic bomb going off.
It used to be a fun place to come and we would have our own little pissing contests over cpap therapy beliefs but now it's nothing but a name calling cesspool of fighting over crap that isn't even cpap related but instead ego related.

Good people shouldn't have to have a thick skin and hold their nose and wade through shit to help people.
Pugsy has always come along with the best answer. My feelings exactly. God bless you Pugsy

please don't ask me to try nasal. i'm a full face person.
the avatar is Rocco, my Lhasa Apso. Number one "Bama fan. 18 championships and counting.
Life member VFW Post 4328 Alabama
MSgt USAF (E-7) medic Retired 1968-1990

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:38 am

Oltremare wrote:Since this is happening, I can't follow the many published topics.
I have tried the translation of hundreds of posts written, often with idiomatic phrases, very difficult to translate and understand the right way!
I love this forum but I can't join. Too difficult to navigate between insults, lies, accusations, vulgar words!
I understand that for the forum distant people who don't know your language well aren't very important but ...
good wind at all.

Oltremare
Never fear, the people that wrote them can't understand what they wrote either, you are lucky you have a good excuse. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

LotusFlower

Post by LotusFlower » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:59 am

This is Lucy just playin' around. I wanted to see how posting as a Guest works. I do like the name LotusFlower though. What is the point of typing the letters and numbers? It's not exactly difficult and I don't understand what it proves.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:06 am

Maybe it is just "time" . . .

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:21 am

Bots are created by programmers.
Given the right motivation, there will be bots able to outsmart capcha.
Maybe even now.

Last edited by chunkyfrog on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

AMK

Post by AMK » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:23 am

DreamStalker wrote: The most drastic thing anyone can do is stop complaining.

But....what you are doing here is complaining about posts and trying to control people, the very thing that you claim to be against.

"Offending others and taking offense" may be "perfectly normal human behavior," but if allowing each individual to self-regulate free of any outside constraints actually worked in the real world, we wouldn't need police officers or jails. I don't understand why the idea of having a mod here is so triggering for some people.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:37 am

AMK wrote:
DreamStalker wrote: The most drastic thing anyone can do is stop complaining.

But....what you are doing here is complaining about posts and trying to control people, the very thing that you claim to be against.

"Offending others and taking offense" may be "perfectly normal human behavior," but if allowing each individual to self-regulate free of any outside constraints actually worked in the real world, we wouldn't need police officers or jails. I don't understand why the idea of having a mod here is so triggering for some people.

I see you've taken offense ... now that's the spirit!

You see now that you survived it, you were able to come back and offend "triggered" people. That's absolutely great!! And feels good too huh?

What I understand is that I prefer liberty as opposed to police officers or moderators ... as opposed to jails or censorship -- but that's just me (and obviously Johnny too) ... as offensive as that might be to you or anyone else.

Keep posting here and trigger yourself into a great and wonderful liberating day if you dare.

BTW - What you view as a complaint by me was actually my opinion ... perhaps you view your own post(s) in the same way?
Last edited by DreamStalker on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:49 am

DreamStalker wrote:What I understand is that I prefer liberty as opposed to police officers or moderators ... as opposed to jails or censorship -- but that's just me (and obviously Johnny too) ... as offensive as that might be to you or anyone else.
Basically, I agree with you! However, this is a (medical) forum on the internet that has gotten completely out of hand. Something will have to be done if it is to continue. The words libturds, natzi, killing (etc)... don't belong here.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10