zeo /sleepyhead/ both?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SneakerPumpernicle

zeo /sleepyhead/ both?

Post by SneakerPumpernicle » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:08 pm

I'm trying to get a handle on all this because I'd like to be educated before I just start downloading and buying things

Is there information that I could gain from using Zeo ontop of sleepyhead ? Or is all that information in displayed in sleepyhead already when I read my SD from my machine (s9 vpap adapt)

My understanding is also that ZEO goes on the forhead ? are there other companys that maybe make a wrist type that works?

Thanks!

MaxDarkside

Re: zeo /sleepyhead/ both?

Post by MaxDarkside » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:56 pm

I first used SleepyHead, heck it's free and shows me what is going on with my breathing and events. Super.
Then if you wish more info, particularly if you are still having a lot of events, then maybe consider a recording pulse-oximeter. It tells you about your oxygen and heart rate at night. Important stuff, if you are having events.
Next, if you wish to know more about your sleep quality and structure, consider a Zeo.

That's what I did, a step at a time, based on personal need and desires, but then I'm a data geek.

Do or Die... Sleep Apnea killed me, but I came back. Click for my story
Please visit my My Apnea Analytics blog. Maybe we can help each other.
54 yrs, 6' 1", 160->172 lbs

mlasham

Post by mlasham » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:10 pm

What brand of recording pulse oximeter did you get and roughly how much do they cost please?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:21 pm

There are several models available..here are 3 available at the Pulseoxstore.
The CMS models are compatible with SleepyHead.
http://www.pulseoxstore.com/Downloadable-Pulse-Ox.html

Just make sure when researching and comparing that they are capable of overnight recording and not the less expensive models that are used for spot checks.

I have the CMS-50D Plus. Fairly straightforward to use.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

scooter133

Post by scooter133 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:00 am

mlasham wrote:What brand of recording pulse oximeter did you get and roughly how much do they cost please?
Search forums for CMS-50F. I picked mine up online for $99. It was exact same as all the other CMS-50F units,though shipped direct from China.