First night on new mask - Swift FX

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
freak557

First night on new mask - Swift FX

Post by freak557 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:25 am

I returned my PR trueblue nasal mask after nearly of month of struggling. It gave me a nice little mark on the bridge of my nose, and air leaks when I was shift my head from left to right. Dont get me wrong, I would get the mask again but for now, I'll give the mark on the bridge of my nose a break and hope it heels.

I did notice many members here use the Swift FX and that is the same mask my co-worker uses and recommends. My first night on the Swift FX Nasal Pillows was wonderful. Even during tossing and turning, I did not experience any air leaks. However, I am going to assume that the tip of my nostrils and columella (the part where the nose meets the upper part of the lip) will become sensitive especially when my pillow pushes up against the mask.

CPAP machine...Check. Right mask...Check. Cloud 9...I'm already here

Super Iridium

Re: First night on new mask - Swift FX

Post by Super Iridium » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:38 pm

Congrats on finding a mask that works. I agree that the Swift FX is a great mask to use. If you want to try it, the Swift LT is also a good one, but not as "minimal" as the FX. Good to hear that all is going well.

RandyJ

Post by RandyJ » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:15 am

freak557 wrote:I returned my PR trueblue nasal mask after nearly of month of struggling. It gave me a nice little mark on the bridge of my nose, and air leaks when I was shift my head from left to right. Dont get me wrong, I would get the mask again but for now, I'll give the mark on the bridge of my nose a break and hope it heels.

I did notice many members here use the Swift FX and that is the same mask my co-worker uses and recommends. My first night on the Swift FX Nasal Pillows was wonderful. Even during tossing and turning, I did not experience any air leaks. However, I am going to assume that the tip of my nostrils and columella (the part where the nose meets the upper part of the lip) will become sensitive especially when my pillow pushes up against the mask.

CPAP machine...Check. Right mask...Check. Cloud 9...I'm already here

I tried out the True Blue and didn't like it either...

I'm going to try the Swift FX as well. I really like my Mirage FX nasal mask but have wanted to try out pillows...

Alt masks Swift FX pillows, Mirage FX nasal mask, Mirage Quattro full face mask

Slartybartfast

Post by Slartybartfast » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:07 pm

freak557 wrote:[snip] However, I am going to assume that the tip of my nostrils and columella (the part where the nose meets the upper part of the lip) will become sensitive especially when my pillow pushes up against the mask. [snip]
Get some Ayr Gel or K-Y jelly or Astroglide and smear a very thin layer on your nostrils and you won't experience any irritation.