Need help with software

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sewsleepy

Need help with software

Post by sewsleepy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:13 am

I wonder if anyone can help me with the Encore software? I have the PR system one REMstar auto a-flex with humidifier and I recently bought the Encore Viewer software 2.0.23.0

When I downloaded the information from my card into the program, there is nothing there more recent than a year ago. Why would it not be recording to my card currently? Do I need to erase the card? If so, how do I do that?

Thanks for any help!
PR System One 60 Series Auto CPAP with Heated Tube Humidifier, Airfit P10 mask

snoozysue

Re: Need help with software

Post by snoozysue » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:45 am

I had a similar problem and a forum member suggested that I add a new user to the card. I did that and it all worked perfectly and I could see the "lost" days. DOn't know why it happened - but simply adding of a new user fixed it!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:29 am

Make sure the SD card is inserted into the machine completely...watch the LCD screen to see the machine respond. Summary data is stored on the machine and should write to the SD card. Remove the SD card and use your software and try creating a new user..if no joy I would go buy a new SD card rather than trying to use the old card. New generic cheap SD card will work. About $10 at Walmart...I got a 2 GB Sandisk SD card and it works fine.

Other option when trying the existing SD card...make sure that it hasn't had the slider lock for read only be inadvertently locked into "read only " mode. The machine can't put the data on the SD card with the slider lock to read only.
You can navigate to the drive letter (using MyComputer) where the SD card is at....poke around in the files and folders to see if new data has been added by checking modification dates. Data files will be in the P0 or P1 folder and have file extensions that end with .001, .002 and .005. If you don't see any recent files with these extensions then the machine didn't write to the SD card.
If you wanted to erase the data from the SD card and start fresh...this would be where you would do it.

You might also try SLeepyHead (links in my signature).

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

sewsleepy

Post by sewsleepy » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:22 am

Thanks for the responses. I tried adding a user but still no data since a year ago, so I am going to put the card back in the machine and make double sure I have it seated right this time and see what happens.

I would like to erase the data and start fresh, can anyone tell me how to do that? I don't see an option in the software? It seems like I remember my provider telling me that if you take the SD card out with the power on it erases it but I'm not sure about that!
PR System One 60 Series Auto CPAP with Heated Tube Humidifier, Airfit P10 mask

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:32 am

To erase the SD card.

Put the SD card in the SD slot. Use your MyComputer (or whatever you use) to navigate to the SD card itself so you can see the folder in the SD card.
Then right click on the main folder on the SD card...choose delete...confirm and the SD card will be empty.
If it won't let you..it is locked.
Then put the SD card back in the machine. Machine will do its thing.. wait till it gets done.
If you still don't have new data (because the machine stores data on the machine)...
either the SD card is bad
the Software is acting up...try SleepyHead instead of Encore
or machine acting up..which is unlikely.

I would try SleepyHead before I erased the card though...

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.