Questions about air exhaust problems

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
CPAPInnovation

Questions about air exhaust problems

Post by CPAPInnovation » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:19 am

Does anyone have issues with exhaust blowing on themselves or partner?
Did you find a solution to this problem?
Do you think an attachment that diffuses or diverts the air from the exhaust holes would be beneficial?
Thanks for your help!

Julie

Re: Questions about air exhaust problems

Post by Julie » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:12 am

Put a pillow between the two of you.... or, if you're trying to design (sell?) something, you wouldn't be the first to come up with something. Try doing a search on the forum for CO2 vent diverter (a couple of people did manage to put something together years ago).

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:25 am

CPAPInnovation wrote:Does anyone have issues with exhaust blowing on themselves or partner?
Do you think an attachment that diffuses or diverts the air from the exhaust holes would be beneficial?
Thanks for your help!
There is no attachment unless you devise something without blocking the CO2 exhaust....Turn in the opposite direction.....

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:19 am

CPAPInnovation wrote:Does anyone have issues with exhaust blowing on themselves or partner?
Thanks for your help!
Which model mask are you using?

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:19 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Which model mask are you using?
+1
Indeed - this makes a huge difference. For instance: the mask I started with about nine years ago was a ResMed Mirage Quattro which produced a relatively tightly columnated exhaust. My current mask, a F&P Brevida nasal pillow, produces virtually no discernable exhaust when used with its included diffuser - OTOH, without the diffuser, its exhaust is a very tight stream that is very noticeable. So, the mask you pick matters - no two are identical. Consequently, the search for a generic, universal solution is, in my opinion, pointless.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:26 pm

Guys and gals...look at the screen ID

CPAPInnovation

How much do you want to bet he/she wants to sell you something or make something to sell that will redirect the vented air.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

CPAPInnovation

Post by CPAPInnovation » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:48 pm

I am indeed working with a CPAP user to try to find out if there is an opportunity here for an attachment to current masks on the market. It seems that a lot of newer masks are solving the exhaust problem by including diffusers or relocating the exhaust but for those users that have found a mask that works for them in every other aspect but the exhaust most just find ways to deal with it without having to find another mask solution. I am trying to understand the voice of the customer and thus why I am hear to learn more from additional users other than the person I am working with.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:56 pm

CPAPInnovation wrote:I am indeed working with a CPAP user to try to find out if there is an opportunity here for an attachment to current masks on the market. It seems that a lot of newer masks are solving the exhaust problem by including diffusers or relocating the exhaust but for those users that have found a mask that works for them in every other aspect but the exhaust most just find ways to deal with it without having to find another mask solution. I am trying to understand the voice of the customer and thus why I am hear to learn more from additional users other than the person I am working with.
Just about the time you come up with a solution that will work...the mask will be discontinued. You would need to come up with a wide variety of diffusers to fit a wide variety of mask shapes.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:14 pm

Pugsy wrote:make something to sell that will redirect the vented air.
No problem with that. No one will be forced to buy it.

But then, the suckers ...

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:16 pm

LSAT wrote:Just about the time you come up with a solution that will work...the mask will be discontinued. You would need to come up with a wide variety of diffusers to fit a wide variety of mask shapes.
He's probably not old enough to remember bundling boards.

OldLincoln

Post by OldLincoln » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:49 pm

CAUTION!!! Do not apply duct tape!
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet / F&P Simplex / DME: VA
It's going to be okay in the end; if it's not okay, it's not the end.

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:39 pm

CPAPInnovation wrote:I am indeed working with a CPAP user to try to find out if there is an opportunity here for an attachment to current masks on the market. It seems that a lot of newer masks are solving the exhaust problem by including diffusers or relocating the exhaust but for those users that have found a mask that works for them in every other aspect but the exhaust most just find ways to deal with it without having to find another mask solution. I am trying to understand the voice of the customer and thus why I am hear to learn more from additional users other than the person I am working with.
Another "Airing" Indiegogo slithers into view.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:02 pm

JimW159 wrote:Another "Airing" Indiegogo slithers into view.
Oh, for goodness sake.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:39 pm

The bundling board might be a possible idea, though much smaller would be preferable--except for prom night.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:59 pm

JimW159 wrote:
Another "Airing" Indiegogo slithers into view.
Getting closer in size
http://imgur.com/a/YTGoR

I rest my case!
http://imgur.com/a/sxHzy
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire