I'm having a hard time sleeping with the CPAP masks

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ems

Re: I'm having a hard time sleeping with the CPAP masks

Post by ems » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:57 am

Gasper62 wrote:Did anyone ever stop long enough to figure out that providing a mentally incompetent person with a medical device..... with no Rx or even a clear diagnosis and indication of it's necessity, COULD legally be construed as practicing medicine without a license ? I'm not sure but, I'd guess that for certain individuals with certain medical conditions, the use or misuse of a "pap" device could conceivably cause harm to their health ? Might just put the dispenser of that device squarely on the same Group W bench as the Ambien pusher, yes ?

Interesting point of view... however, people giving (sending) cpap machines to other people is a common thing here and on other forums. Also, new and gently used CPAP/BiPAP machines can be purchased (without an RX) from many different places. As as often said... it's "only air". You may have a point tho - could be that providing anyone with a medical device, even one that simply provides air, could possibly be construed as practicing medicine without a license.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:19 pm

BleepingBeauty wrote:WTF does that mean? You're a woman (or so you say), and so am I. Are people not to take us seriously because we're female??? Shame on you! You sound like Bobby Riggs decades ago (who wound up having his [tennis] balls handed to him by Billie Jean King).

Equality sure has a long way to go with statements like this (from another woman, no less).
apparently, we're supposed to believe that PIN is a stack of paper with weak adhesive that's somehow learned to type and spew vitriol... yes?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:30 pm

I wish Dori was still here. She'd put you all in your corners and not let you out until you learned to behave like civilized adults.

Sheesh.

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:32 pm

palerider wrote:
apparently, we're supposed to believe that PIN is a stack of paper with weak adhesive that's somehow learned to type and spew vitriol... yes?
And we should believe that you are a skinny red devil with a halo (you told me you added that to the devil). Again I ask you who is Eugene the Russian IT that doesn't speak much English? Once again you are sounding stupid PR. Better google something else. Or better yet find someone else's words and make them your own. You're good at that!

You are responsible for about 90% of the fighting that goes on in this place. The Goodman's know it, we all know it. Keep it up! It's amusing tripping people up!
Morbius, are you bored?

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:01 pm

ems wrote:Have ya all noticed how many old timers no longer post here? Go over to the ApneaBoard... that's where you'll find them.
So I have a question.

At AB they constantly have 800-900 people on line.

Yet the post views look to be slower than here, which usually has only about 20 people on line.

What's up with that? What are those people doing there? 900 people with nothing to say?

Minnie Maunder

Post by Minnie Maunder » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:03 pm

Morbius wrote:What are those people doing there?
Here I selected "Hide My Online Status". Maybe those don't count?

Danbeck

Post by Danbeck » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm

Here you have all the posts bickering and fighting. Over there, they have intelligent content. I come over here to watch the bar room brawls .

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:48 pm

Morbius wrote:
ems wrote:Have ya all noticed how many old timers no longer post here? Go over to the ApneaBoard... that's where you'll find them.
So I have a question.

Yet the post views look to be slower than here, which usually has only about 20 people on line.

What's up with that? What are those people doing there? 900 people with nothing to say?
could be a difference between the way phpbb here and the custom software over there counts 'online'. for phpbb, I believe it's "I've seen x users in the last y minutes" and the counter here is probably a lot shorter than there.

Code: Select all

$time = time() - 300;

$sql = "SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT session_user_id) FROM phpbb_sessions WHERE session_time > '" . $time . "' AND session_user_id > '1'";

$sql2 = "SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT session_id) FROM phpbb_sessions WHERE session_time > '" . $time . "' AND session_user_id = '1'";

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:02 pm

Morbius wrote: So I have a question.
They don't.

If you look at the who's online (for example I just did it) you see entries from Current time (7:54PM) to the end of the first page (4:40pm). I would not consider them to all be online. I would say only that about 10 of those are "Current" and that list only shows registered users.

At the bottom of AB you see who is "actually online":

Users browsing this forum: Krelvin, palerider, pettyfan45, turbosnore, zoocrewphoto and 14 guests

That is a total of 5 registered users and 14 non-registered guests. Non-Registered users can't post there which is more like most forums. Non-registered guest can post here though which is unusual for most forums. Some of the guests are also most likely search engine bots.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:36 pm

Sonnyboy wrote:
Usernames are usernames and nothing more.

Sonnyboy is the name of my cat. I have said this before on this forum.
Usernames are not meant to identify personal characteristics such as gender, age, occupation, etc.
So true. I have my gender listed, but my username is neutral, and I use the same username all over the place, often in groups where there is no profile spot to list your gender. I know people often assume I am male, especially in tech forums. I don't care. It's not a big deal.

As to the cat's name, I almost always use a cat photo for an avatar as I don't use my own photos. Even on facebook, most of the photos are of my cat. I think there is one photo of me, and that's because I am holding the cat. I like that photo of me as I found that I look better holding a cat. I have also used my cats' names on surveys and applications where I think it may result in junk mail.

Personally I am against suggesting or providing medications to anyone unless you are licensed to do so, but particularly to Enchanter who portrays himself as not able to make decisions, problems solve, read a manual, etc.

Rather than suggest one sleep aide, suggest 3 and let Enchanter make his own decision on which one is best for him. He likely can not do

this.
I recommended the ambien as it worked really for me and made my sleep study possible. But I was pushing for him to get a new doctor who would prescribe it. I would never recommend getting it from somebody you don't know. I was also a bit nervous using mine. I had heard about the possible side effects. I decided it would be worth the risk since I would also be monitored in a building right next to the hospital. If you are going to test a new medication, that is the place to do it.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:38 pm

Minnie Maunder wrote:
Morbius wrote:What are those people doing there?
Here I selected "Hide My Online Status". Maybe those don't count?
So if we hide our status here and are not reflected in the guest numbers there may be many more on here.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:01 pm

You folks think that is me in my avatar... you are a brick short of a full load. When my son first saw "Smokey and the Bandit", he laughed the whole movie and I enjoyed seeing him enjoy the show so much. Toward the end of the movie, he said Buford was just like me.... he is soooo wrong!

I ponder....

Sheriff

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:07 pm

Morbius wrote:
So I have a question.

Is this a real question you wanted an answer to or one of those sarcastic questions, similar to this one?

Great new avatar! I love old sci fi movies. When I was a child there was a theater that ran all the old ones on Saturday mornings.
Sheriff Buford wrote:You folks think that is me in my avatar... you are a brick short of a full load. When my son first saw "Smokey and the Bandit", he laughed the whole movie and I enjoyed seeing him enjoy the show so much. Toward the end of the movie, he said Buford was just like me.... he is soooo wrong!

I ponder....

Sheriff
Doesn't everyone in the US know who Jackie Gleason was? To the moon Alice!
Morbius, are you bored?

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:17 pm

Hi Postitnote,

Re: Enchanter,

Yesterday you wrote:

"What is unbeknown to any of us he liked to down a 6 pack of beer every night?"

Please clarify because I do not understand the sentence.

Does Enchanter drink 6 cans of beer every night? The answer is important because this could be the cause or partial cause of his "OSA headaches" and difficulty sleeping.

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:22 pm

Sonnyboy, my cell phone is showing you asked me a question under user ID sonnyboy1. I can't find it now but I did find the quote you asked about. To answer you, this is my quote:
One last thing tonight. Which one of you people sent Enchanter a couple of Ambiens? Now that was illegal. Giving him sleeping pills could have killed him! None of you know him so what would have happened if he had a reaction to them? What is unbeknown to any of us he liked to down a 6 pack of beer every night? Booze and pills don't mix! How many of you told him to "just take the pill". I admit I told him to hide the damn thing in a candy bar but I didn't send it to him. That would be illegal wouldn't it. Hmm...someone on this forum was playing unlicensed doctor and giving E sleeping pills. Who was again?
I see where you may have been confused! Looks like I missed putting a word in there. It should have been unbeknown(?) to any of us IF he liked to drink a 6 pack... Key missing word was IF. We don't know. No one ever asked him that I know of. A weird memory of mine from long long ago is a girl named Karen Quinlan. She took a Valium and drank a beer. She was 21 and remained in a vegetative state till she was 31. Pills scare the crap out of me because of that. On the rare occasion I ever had to take a Valium for panic attacks I wouldn't even use mouthwash or take wine at communion! That is why I said we didn't know about E. What if he did like to drink but we didn't know? Funny because someone else said they would never take a pill a stranger sent them. I never even thought about that! The pot that I said might work for E would have to be from a cannabis club that is regulated under his state laws. It would be clean.

I'm not trying to fight with you! I understand what you have been saying. I agree with the pill thing. I would not have given him one.
Morbius, are you bored?